Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
Can someone send a demonstration of the RockAngel's Weapon?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject:  Can someone send a demonstration of the RockAngel's Weapon?
Subject description: I need help on this...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea how to get missiles to shoot smoothly one by one, and what I think could be a possible answer would be the 'Splits' logic that splits the rocket immediately after being spawned...

What do you guys think?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can make it split right after firing by ProjectileRange=0. But if you have RetargetAccuracy=1.0 then all the split will have similar trajectories which is not you want.

I think the most similar thing will be Aegis, set ROF to 0 and use Ammo/Reload/ReloadAmount

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, RetargetAcuracy=0.0 would make it go far away from the desired target right?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
So, RetargetAcuracy=0.0 would make it go far away from the desired target right?
Still have possibility to hit the right one.
Sometimes they fly out of their Range= I don't know if it's a bug

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All the split have Range=5.75. Obliviously some fly out of range.

4BmxJeUGBa.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.53 MB
 Viewed:  2258 Time(s)

4BmxJeUGBa.gif

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missiles with RetargetAccuracy<100% select randomly a cell within a 7x7 area. (Ares may work differently with an even bigger area)

Thus some missiles can shoot behind the selected target and out of their actual range.
Though you can use ProjectileRange on the missiles to make sure they don't fly further than set on Range. Also good to avoid missiles following a fast target all across the map.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, but is there any way to make it select a cell within a 2x2 Area? Because 7x7 Cells would be too large for just 1 Rocket Angel to attack, but more fitting for an MLRS...

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/new/projectiles/splits.html

Maybe this?
Quote:
[Projectile]?AroundTarget= (boolean)
Whether a projectile with Splits=yes or Airburst=yes should use the area around the original target to look for new targets for each cluster. If enabled, the clusters will continue their way to the originally intended target. Otherwise, the clusters will search for new targets in the area where the projectile split up. Defaults to Splits.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/new/projectiles/splits.html

Maybe this?
Quote:
[Projectile]?AroundTarget= (boolean)
Whether a projectile with Splits=yes or Airburst=yes should use the area around the original target to look for new targets for each cluster. If enabled, the clusters will continue their way to the originally intended target. Otherwise, the clusters will search for new targets in the area where the projectile split up. Defaults to Splits.

This is yes by default if Split=yes. You can notice this in my apoc pic.

Edit: The split don't fly to the back, left or right. It just spreads forwards

The problem is that RetargetRange isn't customizable. Looks like it's quite large by default.

Last edited by cxtian39 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, it's a no then? The Apoc Gif has the rockets shot out in random directions not even close to the Targeted Zone.

A 2x2 Cell Area is what I'm aiming for...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would FlakScatter not do the job? Or Innacurate?

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Splits with FlakScatter? Does that even work?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Combined with Large Enough Burst with Inaccurate and FlakScatter on the Weapons/Projectiles then probably even RadialFireSegment set on the Unit.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do you even want to use Splits. Just change the image of FlakGayAGGun to missile. There is no much difference between splitting it right after firing and firing it by the unit itself since it scatters anyway

PS: FlakScatter & Inaccurate have no effect on missile.
PS2: In the apoc pic it's around target otherwise it will split to the left/right/back and all directions rather than only spreading forwards in a sector range

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon