Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[RA2]Allied Disc Thrower
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:05 am    Post subject:  [RA2]Allied Disc Thrower
Subject description: With the max files.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modified from the Chrono Legionnarie in those RA2 Infantry 3d models.

Sequence included in the rar file.

What should I do next? Maybe a Soviet RPG Trooper?

throw.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.98 KB
 Viewed:  10231 Time(s)

throw.gif

discingame.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  736.31 KB
 Viewed:  10231 Time(s)

discingame.gif

maxfiles.rar
 Description:
max files

Download
 Filename:  maxfiles.rar
 Filesize:  1.37 MB
 Downloaded:  745 Time(s)

Allied_DiscThrower.rar
 Description:
shp files

Download
 Filename:  Allied_DiscThrower.rar
 Filesize:  152.01 KB
 Downloaded:  944 Time(s)

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for sharing.Anyone have good cameo for this ?

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Soviet RPG Trooper would be nice, considering many use the flak guy for that which looks weird. Also, a Soviet Sniper would be handy to have, or you could recolor the SEAL and make a proper VDV with a blue beret and AK.

Thanks for all these experiments with RA2 models. Though by this point it became obvious that WW processed the housecolor parts to have a dark outline, what is a common feature of ALL sprites with housecolors in the game. If you could recreate that too, one wouldn't tell your sprite from official one Very Happy

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
Though by this point it became obvious that WW processed the housecolor parts to have a dark outline, what is a common feature of ALL sprites with housecolors in the game. If you could recreate that too, one wouldn't tell your sprite from official one Very Happy

I heard that WW rendered the remap parts separately when rendering their shps, and the darkened outline was possibly caused by the catmull-rom ant-aliasing method, which can sharpen the edge significantly.
Unfortunately, though, I haven't come up with a effective soluntion to render them separately and then paste them together.

And, a possible cameo for this discus guy.

cameo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.62 KB
 Viewed:  10148 Time(s)

cameo.jpg

discicon.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  discicon.shp
 Filesize:  2.84 KB
 Downloaded:  126 Time(s)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trans_C wrote:
I haven't come up with a effective soluntion to render them separately and then paste them together.

maybe this helps

-first render the unit normally
-then recolor all nonremap parts to be 100% transparent
-render against a black background with anti-aliasing and transparency enabled on the PNG output frames
-then use Image Combine to simply draw the black outlined remap frames onto the normal frames

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Trans_C"]
Damfoos wrote:

And, a possible cameo for this discus guy.

Thank you for cameo.

-Yes rpg trooper would be nice.Maybe flamethrower, allied frost gun hero or soviet motorized infantry.them can be awesome. Very Happy

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love to have a conscript with AK-47 like in some of the pictures.
RPG trooper would be nice.
Something like a civilian with AK-47 would be great!
An engineer dressed in a conscriot armor with his case?
An Allied mortar trooper will be useful.

Sorry for the long list. I am just throwing more stuff. You have a choice. Smile

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

Last edited by PillBox20 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An African/Arab schemed RPG soldier would be good... like a desert or green-black-yellow palette attire.

Mortars might be tricky to pull off but that would definitely be a very useful unit. I would avoid making it a deployer unless you can make a convincing direction change with a firing predelay? The anim should include dropping the round in and turning away covering his ears for the blast.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is so legit holy shit

ayylmao on Discord

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like this
too bad TS doesn't have nicer units

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is amazing, making me interested in modding again

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
SightHawk
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can i use this for my mod?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's your answer: Yes.
He wouldn't let us download this beautiful piece of art if it were just for show.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!