Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
railgun color
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:  railgun color Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so can anyone tell me if i can Change the Color of the mammoth railgun or is it allways blue?

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In your rules.ini:

[SmallRailgunPart]
BehavesLike=Railgun
MaxEC=70
ColorList=(200,200,200),(150,150,150)
ColorSpeed=.03
Velocity=.4

[LargeRailgunPart]
BehavesLike=Railgun
MaxEC=70
ColorList=(25,70,205),(150,150,150)
ColorSpeed=.009
Velocity=.3

I use a SHP file as railgun chord but I'm sure this is where you change the color

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SmallRailgunPart is used by the Ghost Stalker
LargeRailgunPart is used by MMKII only

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
SmallRailgunPart is used by the Ghost Stalker
LargeRailgunPart is used by MMKII only

thx man but there is no colorlist in my largerailgunpart btw i use twisted insurrection

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TI uses shp railgun for performance reasons instead of native engine railgun particles which lags terribly unlike ARES YR fixed version.

You can change the middle laser color easily in the system particle but else the shp would need to be changed to new colors which are provided by anim.pal so you can't literally use any color you wish if not in the palette.

Alternatively bring back the original railgun code if not mind the lag so you can use any color you wish and generally you should have mentioned right off the bat your editing TI which has several out of norm changes/besides spawner for performance to get more appropriate advice quicker, else everyone assumes stock TS.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
TI uses shp railgun for performance reasons instead of native engine railgun particles which lags terribly unlike ARES YR fixed version.

Alternatively bring back the original railgun code if not mind the lag so you can use any color you wish and generally you should have mentioned right off the bat your editing TI which has several out of norm changes/besides spawner for performance to get more appropriate advice quicker, else everyone assumes stock TS.

I haven't experienced any lag for railguns. Does it heavily depend on number of units using railgun logic?

gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:

You can change the middle laser color easily in the system particle but else the shp would need to be changed to new colors which are provided by anim.pal so you can't literally use any color you wish if not in the palette.

thx for ur help iam really sorry i didnt told u right away
 Sad

its not that important i really like the blue Color too.

i appreciate ur help

gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:

u said i can bring back the old Code cna u maybe tell me how to do this?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:

I haven't experienced any lag for railguns. Does it heavily depend on number of units using railgun logic?

Missed this, anyway as you guessed, number of units means always gradually more lag the more it has to draw and stock TS only has two build limited to 1 units using it so may not be as obvious.
Another factor is the ParticlesPerCoord=
the higher value, the worser lag, like setting it to full 1 is pretty drastic performance reduction, feel free experiment and observe firing multiple native railgun units at the ground and elsewhere look at some unit movement speed where you can also spot lag spikes.

gouki84 wrote:

Find these same sections and restore/change them to following for mmk2 railgun

[LargeRailgunSys]
HoldsWhat=LargeRailgunPart
BehavesLike=Railgun
SpiralRadius=15
ParticlesPerCoord=.15
SpiralDeltaPerCoord=.03
MovementPerturbationCoefficient=.4
PositionPerturbationCoefficient=30
VelocityPerturbationCoefficient=.6
Laser=yes
LaserColor=25,20,255

[LargeRailgunPart]
BehavesLike=Railgun
MaxEC=70
ColorSpeed=.009
Velocity=.3

Then you may adjust colorlist for your wanted colors or add more into the list too. Before you ask, the visual won't match the current TI one nor will it be able to precisely as would need too many particles.

For more of 'code' restorations, get the stock TS rules.ini to do that stuff, since TS is free download, it is easy get the stock files and TI was not made with this in mind to keep the original bloat code laying around for as convenient 'editing'

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:

Missed this, anyway as you guessed, number of units means always gradually more lag the more it has to draw and stock TS only has two build limited to 1 units using it so may not be as obvious.
the higher value, the worser lag, like setting it to full 1 is pretty drastic performance reduction, feel free experiment and observe firing multiple native railgun units at the ground and elsewhere look at some unit movement speed where you can also spot lag spikes.

Thanks for answer, I have only g. stalker and MKII's with build limit of 3 with railguns, so that's max 4 units. I have not changed anything from TS code except shorter duration tag. I am planing to change that behavior to something close to TS campaign cutscene where MKII destroys Nod base. I wonder if I could reduce projectile speed and retain trajectory damage behavior. I guess it's time to test those particle tags and see some results.

gouki84
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Tuc0 wrote:

gouki84 wrote:

Find these same sections and restore/change them to following for mmk2 railgun

[LargeRailgunSys]
HoldsWhat=LargeRailgunPart
BehavesLike=Railgun
SpiralRadius=15
ParticlesPerCoord=.15
SpiralDeltaPerCoord=.03
MovementPerturbationCoefficient=.4
PositionPerturbationCoefficient=30
VelocityPerturbationCoefficient=.6
Laser=yes
LaserColor=25,20,255

[LargeRailgunPart]
BehavesLike=Railgun
MaxEC=70
ColorSpeed=.009
Velocity=.3

Then you may adjust colorlist for your wanted colors or add more into the list too. Before you ask, the visual won't match the current TI one nor will it be able to precisely as would need too many particles.

For more of 'code' restorations, get the stock TS rules.ini to do that stuff, since TS is free download, it is easy get the stock files and TI was not made with this in mind to keep the original bloat code laying around for as convenient 'editing'

wow thanks for this man it worked now i have my Color i wanted i really thank u Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon