Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am
All times are UTC + 0
MTBASE
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:  MTBASE Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is probably the most developed map, It's not a complete mission yet as I don't have the skills. Feel free to edit it, or give any feedback. Or don't. Enjoy Smile

MTBASE.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MTBASE.map
 Filesize:  214.9 KB
 Downloaded:  21 Time(s)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map has a few small interesting areas, but those are greatly overshadowed by the ton of abrupt changes between terrain and the lack of smooth transitions. You need to avoid having visible sharp 45 degree edges and remember to enable or disable AutoLAT where it's appropriate (you can either do this via the "Options" dropdown menu or by pressing Ctrl+L).
There are also many abruptly stopping rivers, cliffs, roads and interior walls and those in combination with the many transition-less changes between terrain makes the map look very unfinished.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for playing the map! I Made some interior maps first with isometric walls as it's TS , I wanted it to look like the missions in RA and Retaliation so I created it like this. I Havent cleaned the map up visually yet because just getting to grips with FinalSun lol. Thanks for feedback.

- - - - -

Same map just cleaned up a little bit. When I started making this you would start at the bottem right corner with an MCV, it turned into a Rescue the MCV mission, now it's a "Rescue the scientists" mission, I just need to put more text triggers and win/lose triggers, and a briefing.

I'll cut the top part off.

MTBASE.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MTBASE.map
 Filesize:  215.2 KB
 Downloaded:  11 Time(s)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please stick to a single topic per map.

The transitions are better, but there's still no smooth transition to the interior part. I also notice several cliff errors.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon