Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Single Player mission editing
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [55 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:  Single Player mission editing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi I'm new to the forums Smile I Downloaded DTA which is a brilliant mod, I searched for a  quick answer but to no avail so i have a question--- How can I set up a custom Single Player mission using FinalSun??? I've made skirmish maps which work great but i want a more campaign feel... It always crashes on map start up. The only thing ive been able to do is download BTPNod Campaign, and edit their maps and use same file name .

If anybody has any ideas it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In FinalSun, try going to Edit, then Houses and select a proper house from the "House of human player" dropdown list. The house you select when creating a new singleplayer map is always ignored for some reason and the "House of human player" is always left blank because of it.

Hope that solves the problem. I think I'll edit the dialog that's shown when creating a new mission so that it won't deceptively ask you to select a player house that'll never be used anyhow.

Edit: Scratch that - figuring out the exact cause of this problem was surprisingly easy, so it'll be fixed in version 1.16. The original version of FinalSun has this problem as well, so for whoever is interested, you can fix the problem with a hex editor by going to offset 2B8E7 and replacing 88 B3 5B 00 with 00 00 00 00.

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the speedy reply! I'll try that now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK it's a more basic problem. a noob question if you dont mind helping Smile -- How do I make a map show up in the mission menu ingame?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to add it to INI\Battle.ini or INI\BattleE.ini.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That worked, Thanks!

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you help me with one last thing, I'm trying to make an enemy patrol on the map. Ive watched a tutorial on it but it'sC&C95 on the XCC editor and it's a bit different. So I basically want an enemy unit to move through waypoints?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Create a Script with 'move to waypoint...'. Add several more such actions with each one having the wanted waypoints existing on the map as their parameter/value.

Next, create a TaskForce. This'll include all TechnoTypes  and the numbers you want in your patrol (Out of curiosity: is it possible to add buildings to the TaskForce to make them undeploy/change the rallypoint?).

Then, create a TeamType. This includes various things you can work out yourself. The most important ones are: Waypoint (where does this spawn/go to?), AutoCreate (tick it), TaskForce (the one you want), Script (the one you want).

Lastly, create a trigger, making sure it isn't disabled and select the difficulties it is enabled for. Set the appropriate events, then head over to Actions.
There, take ~#7 (Create TeamType. Members are magically created by this action, or something), and set the TeamType you made.

And remember: the order doesn't really matter. As long as you get the values correct. Hope this helps.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Last edited by TAK02 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DotTA is an awesome mod by the way! it needs like an "official" mission campaign for sides.

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confused
hmm, didn't work. This is what i did ----

bugg4.jpg
 Description:
Trigger
 Filesize:  241.01 KB
 Viewed:  8917 Time(s)

bugg4.jpg

bugg3.jpg
 Description:
TeamType
 Filesize:  304.19 KB

bugg3.jpg

bugg2.jpg
 Description:
TaskForce
 Filesize:  262.47 KB

bugg2.jpg

bugg1.jpg
 Description:
Script
 Filesize:  276.87 KB

bugg1.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not action 74, but action 7, I think. Look for the one with 'magically created' in its description. There are two.
One which will 'magically create' (spawn) them, the other will have that team made up either by the AI building them or using what troops are idylling about. Or a combination of the two, if there aren't enough.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Action 7 caused the AI to get reinforcements (APC and 5 engineers) I would  expect "Move To" would be in a action list like that.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use action 80, it's more reliable than 7. For the first parameter, use your TeamType (BuggyTeam). For the second parameter, use the waypoint where you the team to spawn.

Also, if you want the patrol to move between the waypoints in a loop (rather than just moving through a specific route once), add a script action "Jump to line #" to your script.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome thanks for the help. Yes i wanted a preplaced Buggy as a test to move along waypoints .

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey is there a way I Can put a friendly unit on the map which is shrouded, so that it has to be rescued by friendly units?
Also are there any guides for creating new units?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could make the unit that needs to be rescued change its house when it's discovered so that it won't be able to reveal shroud before then.

Alternatively you could add some rules.ini code to your map by using the map editor's INI Editor (Edit > INI Editing) or by opening your map in a text editor and adding the code directly (make sure you reload your map in the editor after doing this so that you won't remove your INI code after saving the map again).

If you do it this way you have 2 options.
  1. The first option is to make friendlies unable to reveal shroud to you by adding the code below to the map:
    Code:
    [AudioVisual]
    AllyReveal=no

2. And the other option is to make the specific unit that you need to rescue unable to reveal shroud by adding this code:
    Code:
    [MOEBIUS]
    Sight=0

Rememer to replace MOBIUS in the code above with the actual [ID] of the unit you need. You can find out which unit has which ID by opening Rules.ini with a text editor and then for example searching for Name=Tesla Tank to see the [ID] that's present at the top of its section (that would be TTNK in the case of the Tesla Tank).

To add a new unit, you need to copy the code section of a an existing unit from Rules.ini to your map's code, alter its [ID] and other code to your liking and add Image= to the section to specify which of the existing units your new unit should look like (you can simply specify an existing unit's ID as the image). Additionally you need to add
Code:
[VehicleTypes]
1=IDOFMYNEWUNIT
to the map's code and you're done.
Do keep in mind that units that only exist in the map's code and not in Rules.ini will be invisible in the map editor when you place them on the map, but they will be present and visible when you actually play the map. You can verify that the unit is actually there after you placed it in the map editor by hovering over the cell where you placed it with the mouse cursor and looking at what it says in the bottom left corner of the map editor's window (if an invisible unit is present it'll say "Vehicle: ..." or "Infantry: ..." and if there's nothing there it'll say "Terrain type:...").

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aha that makes sense. Changing units house after discovery works  perfect. I Wanted to make a Navy SEAL unit, is there a folder somewhere where the unit's image is saved? (the little image in the sidebar)

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trying to add a unit, it gets an internal error after i build it. Here's what i've done---

addunittry.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  311.83 KB
 Viewed:  8670 Time(s)

addunittry.jpg

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Top 2 is the Rule.ini and the bottem one is the map. (desertranch)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. it's enough to add it the map only. adding it to both rules.ini and the map is redundant, except you want to change certain keys. Then it's enough to add to the map only the changed keys to the units section.

2. SEAL has no graphic (infantry with a missing art.ini sequence cause a crash). Since you can't change/add art.ini code in a map, you can only use the Image= key to give the unit one of the already existing images.
So give your [SEAL] Image=Thief or some other art

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK Thanks . I Realised that changing Image= to an already existing image changes the sidebar image and the unit sprite (voxel?). Is there any way I could use a different sprite? The Commando doesn't have a "Image=" otherwise i'd use that.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the Image= key isn't specified, it defaults to the unit's ID. In other words, to get the Commando's image, you'd use Image=RMBO.

You unfortunately cannot embed new unit sprites / cameos (or any other files) to a map.

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

right ok thanks i thought that might it.
Can I ask a few more questions---

1. Can I make Attack Dogs "see" an enemy spy unit (so it can attack it) Dogs were not in TS so maybe thats not possible.
2. Can I reduce the Attack Dog's walkspeed to match the infantrys walkspeed while on patrol.
3. Is there a way I can switch on/switch off Laser fences?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Indeed not possible.

2. You can either adjust the dog's movement speed via a rules edit, or create a new unit (clone of the dog that has lower movement speed).

3. Powering laser fences on and off was prevented for balance reasons. But in maps you can give a try to trigger actions 61 and 62. Attach the trigger to the laser fences that you want to turn off.

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#3 Yes that looked like a perfect way but it's not working as I have a patrol route of 4 enemy infantry and 2 enemy dogs, They step on a celltag which triggers Building Turned off trigger, Which is actually attached to the laser fence's posts. I Can't attach two tags to the buildings so it can't turn back on when the patrol hits the cell on the other side. If there was a delay timer inbetween actions it could work.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just so you know (since it wasn't mentioned), you'd need to attach the tag of Multi-trigger 1 to the building in SuperJoe's example.

In other words when you need to attach 2 triggers to a building like in your case, the first trigger (Trigger A) needs to specify the second trigger (Trigger B) as its "Attached Trigger" and Trigger A will then be the tag that needs to be attached to a structure (which is then linked to Trigger B as well).

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK So the trigger turns the building off, disables itself and repeats an attached trigger 2. It's crashing on map startup now I'll make it work on something else first. Thanks for the help!

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tried using multi triggers with no luck so far...hmm

laserproblem.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.15 KB
 Viewed:  8587 Time(s)

laserproblem.jpg

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you verified that at least works with just 1 trigger (to only turn the laser fence off and not back on again)? Once that works you can proceed with attaching the second trigger to the first to also turn the fence back on again.
Also remember to set the first trigger to repeating. If only the first trigger then works and the second trigger doesn't, you need to add a secondary action to the first trigger that disables itself (but I'd first try it without adding this secondary action).

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes it works with one trigger. Enemy patrol walk over celltag near waypoint17, Fence turns off, they wait for a second, then walk through. Some small thing im not doing right. it will work

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I start the map with the fence turned off, it doesn't work with an On trigger because it's not ... the game thinks they are little sections and it doesn't know it's supposed to be a fence. If I start with them turned on, Off trigger works perfect, just cant seem to attach a trigger to a trigger.

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just incase anyone wanted to Test this annoying fence ! Or if you got any other ideas?  Smile

Edit: Sorry that one doesnt work - it crashes on map startup if i try to attach a trigger to a trigger. This one should work.

MTBASE.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MTBASE.map
 Filesize:  217.27 KB
 Downloaded:  5 Time(s)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Fence_Off needs the Fence_On Trigger attached. Not vice versa as you have it
2. Fence_Off needs Type 2 - Or repeating, so it can fire again, which in your case is the attached Fence_On trigger.

I really like where this map is going. It needs a lot of work to get the bad terrain transitions fixed, but the combination of exterior and interior terrain is interesting.

@Bittah: some natural cliff to interior cliff transition pieces could be useful.

Public SHPs

Tools

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I will try the triggers again with what you've said. Bittah mentioned the transition problem and I knew it would look ugly when I started making it. Maybe negative light posts would work soften the edges. Red Alert never had mixed outside with interior. Think the mission goal should be to rescue all scientists without any dying.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, strong enough negative light posts to black out terrain would turn very blocky, where you would see the cell shape like the current black cells.
The light transitions of tiled lights are simply not smooth enough for such strong effects.
Better would be a special dummy building with an activeanim that looks like shroud.

RA used a completely different theaters for interior, temperate and snow, thus it couldn't be mixed with any other.
A nice advantage of DTA.

Public SHPs

Tools

gmak
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick question if anyone can help ---- Is there a way to have a paradrop ? I've tried Droppod but it crashes. I Noticed the Badger Bomber can load troops and drop them by attacking. Tried to get that to work as a reinforcement but it didn't work.

2nd question---- Can I make the enemy build as if it's in skirmish, on a SP map? it's not that important just would be fun to see how the mission pans out like that.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using the Badger Bomber as a reinforcement and making it drop paratroopers is currently not possible because of an engine issue, but this'll be fixed in version 1.16 (thanks to dkeeton).

I don't think making the AI build like in Skirmish is possible in singleplayer missions, but you could make a Co-Op mission instead if you want the AI to play like that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK will look forward to 1.16 then!
is there also a way to make triggers set off from specific units? eg. an Engineer gets to a computer terminal ("Entered by..." event) to shut down a defense. I realise you can do this with Allies1 or Allies2, and make them friendly with Allies, and using one Allies1 unit. Is there a better way though?
also, I'm trying to make a unit drive off the map, and then come back in a bit to the right, the waypoints are set and there is a passable-space it is outside of the viewable area, but the script seems to stop when it's outside the viewable area.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using a certain house is afaik the only way, since you can't check for a specific unit type.

No, once a waypoint is outside the map, the unit will vanish there when it stops at the waypoint. It's like the opposite of reinforcements.
Only trains which are forced to follow the tracks can move outside the map and come back in.

Public SHPs

Tools

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK Thanks. I'll create a new unit at the waypoint it pops back out Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if there is no other or only a way longer path to the other place on the right, you could try to set up a tunnel just right next to the (passable) map border.
When the unit enters the tunnel it would look like it left the map and it can re-enter the map at the tunnel exit.
If the tunnel is the shortest route, the unit will take it.

Public SHPs

Tools

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there a way to change what is picked up with crates? It gives me money by default but what about heal or a vehicle?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try to add the code to your map
[CrateRules]
SoloCrateMoney=2000     ; money to give for money crate in solo play missions
SilverCrate=HealBase    ; solo play silver crate bonus
UnitCrateType=none      ; specifies specific unit type for unit type crate ['none' means pick randomly]
WoodCrate=Money

Then change the crates to one of the possible [Powerups] (see [Powerups] section in rules.ini for the possible effect names)
e.g.
WoodCrate=Firepower
should change it to a firepower upgrade crate or
WoodCrate=Unit
to a unit crate

and no, this can't be changed during the game. But you can have 2 different crates with a different effect for each available.

Public SHPs

Tools

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! Thankyou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would it be possible to add more trees into FS? i want to use some tropical looking trees from RA2 in a map.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not as mapper.
Trees would need to be added to the mod in general (by the Staff). But yes, it's possible.
However, the RA2 trees likely don't fit design wise, thus completely new trees would need to be made.

Public SHPs

Tools

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i remember in Tiberium Sun they had search light towers, would it be possible to add that? i think that would make a cool addition to maps.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

possible yes, but needs new building graphics matching the TD/RA style.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum