Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Requesting cameos and remaps
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject:  Requesting cameos and remaps
Subject description: Some Cabal stuff I can never find.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking for cameos for Cabal's core, core defender, cabal obelisk and the obelisk of darkness. These are cameos I can NEVER find. Please if anyone has them that they can give me. It would be great to have these! Smile

And I'm also looking for remap versions of these four buildings as well.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Requesting cameos and remaps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CabalCore wrote:
I'm also looking for remap versions of these four buildings as well.

I think recoloring 'blue' to 'remap' with schemes should enough, but I have yet to test that myself. Still, worth a shot.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Extract frames from the FMVs Wink

Or create a 3d model of these and then render your cameo. The buidings have pretty simple shapes, so it shouldn't be that hard to recreate them.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Extract frames from the FMVs Wink

Or create a 3d model of these and then render your cameo. The buidings have pretty simple shapes, so it shouldn't be that hard to recreate them.

Well, the type of cameo I want is the one where it has the backgrounds used in the original TS so that it can go smoothly with the existing cameos. This isn't something I'm good with. Though I wonder if someone talented with this sort of thing would be willing as a request.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CabalCore wrote:

Well, the type of cameo I want is the one where it has the backgrounds used in the original TS so that it can go smoothly with the existing cameos. This isn't something I'm good with. Though I wonder if someone talented with this sort of thing would be willing as a request.

It is quite easy to do with SHP builder. Just open building SHP, crop 64x48 area you want to have in cameo (or just select area) and use Cameo generator tool, which will replace desired color (black) with custom image (cameo background, blank ones can be downloaded somewhere here on PPM). It will also resize and stretch  image into 64x48 resolution.

All can be done in 2-3 minutes (without post-editing).

edit: Blank cameos https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?highlight=cameo+blank&t=7813

CABOBEL 0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.75 KB
 Viewed:  3917 Time(s)

CABOBEL 0000.png

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's pretty cool, I have the Cabal Obelisk without the pipes, which is what I want to be in the cameo.

For example, how would I get what I want to be in the cameo?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CabalCore wrote:
how would I get what I want to be in the cameo?

Seriously? You get what you want, by taking the image that you want -> Make things yourself.
Tuc was basically spoon-feeding you already with a complete mini tutorial

Public SHPs

Tools

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
CabalCore wrote:

Seriously? You get what you want, by taking the image that you want -> Make things yourself.

Worded it wrong. I meant was I basically screenshot it in the game and do the rest, right?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, you do it as Tuc already said
Tuc0 wrote:
It is quite easy to do with SHP builder. Just open building SHP, crop 64x48 area you want to have in cameo (or just select area) and use Cameo generator tool, which will replace desired color (black) with custom image (cameo background, blank ones can be downloaded somewhere here on PPM). It will also resize and stretch  image into 64x48 resolution.

Public SHPs

Tools

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CabalCore wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
CabalCore wrote:

Worded it wrong. I meant was I basically screenshot it in the game and do the rest, right?

Screenshots' quality maybe bad, so extract the buildings' SHP instead, and make cameos with those.
It'll be of much higher quality.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
CabalCore wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
CabalCore wrote:

Screenshots' quality maybe bad, so extract the buildings' SHP instead, and make cameos with those.
It'll be of much higher quality.

Thank you, that's what I was getting at. Everything else I understood from both you and Lin. Because some of the other cameo tutorials involve screenshots of them in game which is why I mentioned the screenshot part before.

I agree, it would seem a lot better using the shp of high quality and using it as the cameo rather than the screenshot idea.

EDIT: Finally, now that I'm home from work I've done my first attempt at a cameo.

This is the Cabal Obelisk cameo.

Is there a way to improve the cameo so that it looks better in the game? And also when I crop it, is there a way to see the dimensions of the size of the crop?

OBL1 0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.62 KB
 Viewed:  3797 Time(s)

OBL1 0000.png

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CabalCore wrote:

Is there a way to improve the cameo so that it looks better in the game?

After setting background using generator, feel free to improve your cameo. For example drawing additional details, highlighting illuminated parts and edges., shadows, recoloring (color replace tool is very useful, if you want to assign different colors to match other cameos)

CabalCore wrote:

And also when I crop it, is there a way to see the dimensions of the size of the crop?

If you are going to edit cameo after generating, you don't have to care much about dimensions (especially for larger buildings). Generator will resize and stretch image, just use "resize canvas" tool to crop area you want, but keeping area's ratio (4:3) is recommended to avoid single-axis stretching.

If you want to know exact dimensions, resize tool will show you current resolution.

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are the cameos I made so far.  What are your opinions on them?

CABAL CAMEOS.png
 Description:
Cabal Core, Cabal Obelisk, Obelisk of Darkness, Core Defender (undeployed) an Core Defender (Deployed)
 Filesize:  6.96 KB
 Viewed:  3751 Time(s)

CABAL CAMEOS.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cabal's Obelisks look a bit too flat.
Maybe make cameos of the tips without too much of the base instead?

And the deployed Defender can be cropped at the bottom a bit.

And adding CABAL's face to the Core's screen #Tongue

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, how do I get the cameo with the animations on the Core? I know they're listed as.

core.shp
core_a.shp
core_b.shp
core_c.shp

the A, B and C are the animations but how do I get them on the core.shp which the cameo is made from. I'm guessing I combine them in some way?

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CabalCore wrote:
Lol, how do I get the cameo with the animations on the Core? I know they're listed as.

core.shp
core_a.shp
core_b.shp
core_c.shp

the A, B and C are the animations but how do I get them on the core.shp which the cameo is made from. I'm guessing I combine them in some way?

You can select part and copy it into another shp, imported selection is copied also with (0 black) color, but selecting and moving inside shp will behaveas transparent color. So paste selection near building and then drag it into desired position.

The first 3 buildings could use some more detail, distinguishing and some parts (not just big grayish smudge). Spending some time adding more details will always reward you.

Something like this:

CABCOR 0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.46 KB
 Viewed:  3720 Time(s)

CABCOR 0000.png

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I open an shp and open another one. select and crop one of the shps, copy it and past it into the other shp and drag it into position?

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CabalCore wrote:
So I open an shp and open another one. select and crop one of the shps, copy it and past it into the other shp and drag it into position?

Yes. For larger parts to be copied, it is necessary to add more space on the left side so copied section won't mix with primary picture. Pasted section will always go to upper left corner.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or you take a dedicated image editing program like Gimp and copy paste images from SHP Builder to Gimp, use them there as layers, and when you're done, copy the image from Gimp back into SHP Builder.

Then you don't have to deal with the bugs of SHP Builder

spoonfeeding.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  935.61 KB
 Viewed:  3692 Time(s)

spoonfeeding.gif

Public SHPs

Tools

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then make life easier for us and fix it Wink

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
I dont think I can say it any better so...

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Move your ass and do it yourself.

In addition is there no need to blow up SHP Builder into a full image editing program. Image import and some slight manual color correction tools are enough.

Public SHPs

Tools

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I've seen gimp also being used for making cameos. I used it in the past but got rid of it cause I didn't use it that often. I'll use the method through SHP Builder first before I use gimp.

Sorry for being troublesome, this is something I really don't do too often. So this may sound silly but I'm just trying to wrap my head around it and make sure I'm doing stuff correctly. Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you learn more if you do things yourself first, do mistakes, correct them (the usual learning process) and then only ask if you really don't know how to solve a problem.

Public SHPs

Tools

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try and you will never regret, like what pillbox20 said before.

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These programs can also be used to remap structures and units, right?

EDIT: I wanted to know because I couldn't find a tutorial about it when I searched.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon