:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum
Requesting cameos and remaps
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject:   Requesting cameos and remaps
Subject description: Some Cabal stuff I can never find.
Reply with quote

I'm looking for cameos for Cabal's core, core defender, cabal obelisk and the obelisk of darkness. These are cameos I can NEVER find. Please if anyone has them that they can give me. It would be great to have these! Smile

And I'm also looking for remap versions of these four buildings as well.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAK02
Laser Commando


Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Location: ERROR: This guy is out of this world!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Requesting cameos and remaps Reply with quote

CabalCore wrote:
I'm also looking for remap versions of these four buildings as well.


I think recoloring 'blue' to 'remap' with schemes should enough, but I have yet to test that myself. Still, worth a shot.
_________________
One and only developer of C&C S. True Supremacy.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRJ32BRTY8UPF49Ilq3rNDw
Skype: TAK02 Supreme CnC Mods
Twitter: TAK02 @SupremeCnCMods
m7 wrote:
I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract frames from the FMVs Wink

Or create a 3d model of these and then render your cameo. The buidings have pretty simple shapes, so it shouldn't be that hard to recreate them.
_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Extract frames from the FMVs Wink

Or create a 3d model of these and then render your cameo. The buidings have pretty simple shapes, so it shouldn't be that hard to recreate them.


Well, the type of cameo I want is the one where it has the backgrounds used in the original TS so that it can go smoothly with the existing cameos. This isn't something I'm good with. Though I wonder if someone talented with this sort of thing would be willing as a request.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tuc0
Cyborg Soldier


Joined: 26 Sep 2016
Location: Slovakia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CabalCore wrote:

Well, the type of cameo I want is the one where it has the backgrounds used in the original TS so that it can go smoothly with the existing cameos. This isn't something I'm good with. Though I wonder if someone talented with this sort of thing would be willing as a request.

It is quite easy to do with SHP builder. Just open building SHP, crop 64x48 area you want to have in cameo (or just select area) and use Cameo generator tool, which will replace desired color (black) with custom image (cameo background, blank ones can be downloaded somewhere here on PPM). It will also resize and stretch  image into 64x48 resolution.

All can be done in 2-3 minutes (without post-editing).

edit: Blank cameos https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?highlight=cameo+blank&t=7813


CABOBEL 0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.75 KB
 Viewed:  572 Time(s)

CABOBEL 0000.png



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool, I have the Cabal Obelisk without the pipes, which is what I want to be in the cameo.

For example, how would I get what I want to be in the cameo?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CabalCore wrote:
how would I get what I want to be in the cameo?

Seriously? You get what you want, by taking the image that you want -> Make things yourself.
Tuc was basically spoon-feeding you already with a complete mini tutorial
_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
CabalCore wrote:
how would I get what I want to be in the cameo?

Seriously? You get what you want, by taking the image that you want -> Make things yourself.
Tuc was basically spoon-feeding you already with a complete mini tutorial


Worded it wrong. I meant was I basically screenshot it in the game and do the rest, right?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, you do it as Tuc already said
Tuc0 wrote:
It is quite easy to do with SHP builder. Just open building SHP, crop 64x48 area you want to have in cameo (or just select area) and use Cameo generator tool, which will replace desired color (black) with custom image (cameo background, blank ones can be downloaded somewhere here on PPM). It will also resize and stretch  image into 64x48 resolution.

_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAK02
Laser Commando


Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Location: ERROR: This guy is out of this world!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CabalCore wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
CabalCore wrote:
how would I get what I want to be in the cameo?

Seriously? You get what you want, by taking the image that you want -> Make things yourself.
Tuc was basically spoon-feeding you already with a complete mini tutorial


Worded it wrong. I meant was I basically screenshot it in the game and do the rest, right?

Screenshots' quality maybe bad, so extract the buildings' SHP instead, and make cameos with those.
It'll be of much higher quality.
_________________
One and only developer of C&C S. True Supremacy.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRJ32BRTY8UPF49Ilq3rNDw
Skype: TAK02 Supreme CnC Mods
Twitter: TAK02 @SupremeCnCMods
m7 wrote:
I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAK02 wrote:
CabalCore wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
CabalCore wrote:
how would I get what I want to be in the cameo?

Seriously? You get what you want, by taking the image that you want -> Make things yourself.
Tuc was basically spoon-feeding you already with a complete mini tutorial


Worded it wrong. I meant was I basically screenshot it in the game and do the rest, right?

Screenshots' quality maybe bad, so extract the buildings' SHP instead, and make cameos with those.
It'll be of much higher quality.


Thank you, that's what I was getting at. Everything else I understood from both you and Lin. Because some of the other cameo tutorials involve screenshots of them in game which is why I mentioned the screenshot part before.

I agree, it would seem a lot better using the shp of high quality and using it as the cameo rather than the screenshot idea.

EDIT: Finally, now that I'm home from work I've done my first attempt at a cameo.

This is the Cabal Obelisk cameo.

Is there a way to improve the cameo so that it looks better in the game? And also when I crop it, is there a way to see the dimensions of the size of the crop?


OBL1 0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.62 KB
 Viewed:  452 Time(s)

OBL1 0000.png



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tuc0
Cyborg Soldier


Joined: 26 Sep 2016
Location: Slovakia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CabalCore wrote:

Is there a way to improve the cameo so that it looks better in the game?

After setting background using generator, feel free to improve your cameo. For example drawing additional details, highlighting illuminated parts and edges., shadows, recoloring (color replace tool is very useful, if you want to assign different colors to match other cameos)

CabalCore wrote:

And also when I crop it, is there a way to see the dimensions of the size of the crop?

If you are going to edit cameo after generating, you don't have to care much about dimensions (especially for larger buildings). Generator will resize and stretch image, just use "resize canvas" tool to crop area you want, but keeping area's ratio (4:3) is recommended to avoid single-axis stretching.

If you want to know exact dimensions, resize tool will show you current resolution.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the cameos I made so far.  What are your opinions on them?


CABAL CAMEOS.png
 Description:
Cabal Core, Cabal Obelisk, Obelisk of Darkness, Core Defender (undeployed) an Core Defender (Deployed)
 Filesize:  6.96 KB
 Viewed:  406 Time(s)

CABAL CAMEOS.png



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAK02
Laser Commando


Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Location: ERROR: This guy is out of this world!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabal's Obelisks look a bit too flat.
Maybe make cameos of the tips without too much of the base instead?

And the deployed Defender can be cropped at the bottom a bit.

And adding CABAL's face to the Core's screen #Tongue
_________________
One and only developer of C&C S. True Supremacy.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRJ32BRTY8UPF49Ilq3rNDw
Skype: TAK02 Supreme CnC Mods
Twitter: TAK02 @SupremeCnCMods
m7 wrote:
I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, how do I get the cameo with the animations on the Core? I know they're listed as.

core.shp
core_a.shp
core_b.shp
core_c.shp

the A, B and C are the animations but how do I get them on the core.shp which the cameo is made from. I'm guessing I combine them in some way?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tuc0
Cyborg Soldier


Joined: 26 Sep 2016
Location: Slovakia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CabalCore wrote:
Lol, how do I get the cameo with the animations on the Core? I know they're listed as.

core.shp
core_a.shp
core_b.shp
core_c.shp

the A, B and C are the animations but how do I get them on the core.shp which the cameo is made from. I'm guessing I combine them in some way?

You can select part and copy it into another shp, imported selection is copied also with (0 black) color, but selecting and moving inside shp will behaveas transparent color. So paste selection near building and then drag it into desired position.

The first 3 buildings could use some more detail, distinguishing and some parts (not just big grayish smudge). Spending some time adding more details will always reward you.

Something like this:


CABCOR 0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.46 KB
 Viewed:  375 Time(s)

CABCOR 0000.png



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I open an shp and open another one. select and crop one of the shps, copy it and past it into the other shp and drag it into position?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tuc0
Cyborg Soldier


Joined: 26 Sep 2016
Location: Slovakia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CabalCore wrote:
So I open an shp and open another one. select and crop one of the shps, copy it and past it into the other shp and drag it into position?

Yes. For larger parts to be copied, it is necessary to add more space on the left side so copied section won't mix with primary picture. Pasted section will always go to upper left corner.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you take a dedicated image editing program like Gimp and copy paste images from SHP Builder to Gimp, use them there as layers, and when you're done, copy the image from Gimp back into SHP Builder.

Then you don't have to deal with the bugs of SHP Builder


spoonfeeding.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  935.61 KB
 Viewed:  347 Time(s)

spoonfeeding.gif



_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TAK02
Laser Commando


Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Location: ERROR: This guy is out of this world!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then make life easier for us and fix it Wink
_________________
One and only developer of C&C S. True Supremacy.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRJ32BRTY8UPF49Ilq3rNDw
Skype: TAK02 Supreme CnC Mods
Twitter: TAK02 @SupremeCnCMods
m7 wrote:
I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mig Eater wrote:
I dont think I can say it any better so...

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Move your ass and do it yourself.


In addition is there no need to blow up SHP Builder into a full image editing program. Image import and some slight manual color correction tools are enough.
_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've seen gimp also being used for making cameos. I used it in the past but got rid of it cause I didn't use it that often. I'll use the method through SHP Builder first before I use gimp.

Sorry for being troublesome, this is something I really don't do too often. So this may sound silly but I'm just trying to wrap my head around it and make sure I'm doing stuff correctly. Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you learn more if you do things yourself first, do mistakes, correct them (the usual learning process) and then only ask if you really don't know how to solve a problem.
_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PussyPus
Energy Commando


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: The Arab Country, Time Travel?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and you will never regret, like what pillbox20 said before.
_________________
If you are a MetalHead (Heavy Metal Fan) and don't want to be a metalhead, Just remove your metal ball from your head. �:p .


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
CabalCore
Light Infantry


Joined: 23 Oct 2013

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These programs can also be used to remap structures and units, right?

EDIT: I wanted to know because I couldn't find a tutorial about it when I searched.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Wildcard SSL Certificates
[ Time: 0.4081s ][ Queries: 19 (0.0389s) ][ Debug on ]