Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
[Request] Starcraft remastered images
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:  [Request] Starcraft remastered images Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone has SCR and could create some high res screenshots of the units in the game?
So far i haven't found that much images and the youtube videos aren't really helpful either when there are pros playing with 300 clicks per minute and a screen not standing still for more than 1/100th of a second.

I would like to see the new unit graphics in detail, especially Protoss Carrier and the other Protoss ships, which i always found design wise very interesting.

While reading a bit about SCR, i found it very interesting that they recreated all the assets from scratch again, since they lost the original files and thus had only the ingame graphics as basis, plus some helpful talks with the original designers.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interestingly the art was also outsourced, so they really did do a good job since it literally looks just like a higher res version of the original, as you can check just by swapping back and forth.

Took some screenshots although I kinda overcompressed them so eh. #Tongue  https://imgur.com/a/to1qy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh nice. thanks.
Feel free to make more. Smile

btw, is there an option in SCR to switch back to the small old graphics? I've seen a few side by side comparison shots and was astonished how well they hit the same spot ingame.

Public SHPs

Tools

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From Streamers/YouTubers I've heard there is a button you can press to switch between Remastered and Classic.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sadly the old graphics are more pixelated in SCR as they texture compressed the old 256 color arts again for the newer render engine so the comparison is slightly off vs the very original game.
There was notable whine about this old art being made crappier on the forums months ago.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are the "old" graphics the recreated assets rendered in lower res or the original old graphics with the new bad compression?

Please more pictures of the units, best showing them in different facings.

Public SHPs

Tools

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Are the "old" graphics the recreated assets rendered in lower res or the original old graphics with the new bad compression?

I thought I made it clear, they are the original old graphics (1998) with new compression (4x4 block compression) on top which of course pixelates far worser than case with freshly rendered art.
Blizz offers them in the 1.18 patch for free so no way would they provide recreated low res for free when can charge with SCR for better quality.

https://imgur.com/r/starcraft/ZshwI

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20758766842?page=1

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum