Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
First ants mission is seemingly bugged
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
thehx
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject:  First ants mission is seemingly bugged
Subject description: LST loaded with civilians just sits and does nothing.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi again devs!

LST loaded with civilians just sits and does nothing.
The entire map is pwned, all the civilians are brought to the flares near the shore. How do I skip this mission and go right to the next one?

thehx
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I added the screenshot.

Desperate, I was trying to force the LST to scatter to the destination island.
Then I tried to kill it.

Help, this is ruining me all the fun...

dtabug.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.78 MB
 Viewed:  2160 Time(s)

dtabug.png

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems that I overlooked something. You weren't supposed to be able to capture the structure on the island and thus weren't supposed to be able to build on the island, so I'll have to fix this in an update soon.

By building on the island you've blocked the path of the hovercraft and that caused it to stop moving.

Edit: I just released a new update that should prevent this bug from happening again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
thehx
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I never captured it. That's just the old infamous "build everywhere given your mouse is fast enough" bug, so don't bother...

The problem is, the transport (I call it LST due to its ra1 rules.ini name) sits and never reacts to being filled with civilians. So, in order to play the campaign to the end, I had to manually insert an insta-win trigger to skip the bugged mission. The rest of the campaign was cake of peace anyway – usually you guys never labeled anything like that "hard" in the mission menu.

Some unpleasantries I've found so far:
- upon capturing the soviet outpost in the Hunt mission, the player never gets access to anything airborne, which differs from the original mission behavior;
- when the transport is attacked, it starts scattering without any regards to whether the terrain is sea or land;
- I couldn't get the GNRL unit in the last mission to rank up, although he personally killed a real lot of enemies;
- infantry units in the last mission have catastrophically low sight range. I understand that it would not be possible to adjust it after the power is back on, but perhaps make it at least +1?
- I'd love to have a little more space around the powerup crates, to collect them more efficiently.

...The last three points are not so important, as the whole mission is way too easy – or so it felt to me, at least. The transport sitting idle despite being filled with civilians is a show stopper on the other hand.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thehx wrote:
The rest of the campaign was cake of peace anyway – usually you guys never labeled anything like that "hard" in the mission menu.

I might demote it to "Normal" if more people agree.
thehx wrote:
upon capturing the soviet outpost in the Hunt mission, the player never gets access to anything airborne, which differs from the original mission behavior

That's because ants have no means of defending against aircraft and it'd only make the mission less interesting.
thehx wrote:
when the transport is attacked, it starts scattering without any regards to whether the terrain is sea or land

Nothing can be done about that.
thehx wrote:
I couldn't get the GNRL unit in the last mission to rank up, although he personally killed a real lot of enemies

That's because he's a unique unit to the mission and didn't have any elite abilities in the original mission either. Maybe I should think of something fitting to add for him... but at the same time I might consider making other units unable to level up as well because that does make the mission easier than necessary.
thehx wrote:
infantry units in the last mission have catastrophically low sight range. I understand that it would not be possible to adjust it after the power is back on, but perhaps make it at least +1?

The low sight range is intentional to match the original mission and perspective. Compared to the original mission the sight range (as well as the weapon range) should be about the same, even though it's lower than in other missions.
The low sight range is also part of what makes the mission more challenging and makes it necessary to move carefully.
thehx wrote:
I'd love to have a little more space around the powerup crates, to collect them more efficiently.

That's not possible and I doubt that I'd increase the radius even if I could because it's already possible to have groups of 8 powered-up units as it is. Increasing the radius by just 1 cell would already allow you to have groups of 24 powered up units that could instantly result in game-changing offsets.
Losing a game because of a crate you or your opponent managed to pick up is never fun, which is also why the shroud and reveal map crates were already removed ages ago.

Edit: The LST/Hovercraft is now working in the latest update (1.1662).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
thehx
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why even making it unselectable and uncontrollable? I can perfectly handle transporting civilians myself... IIRC it was exactly that way in the original mission...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then there would have been no way to make it only able to move on water without making it impossible for infantry to enter (or exit) it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum