Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Protoss Carrier
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:  Protoss Carrier
Subject description: 32 facing unit
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always liked the design and after working a long time on my own model, I recently finished a remake of the Starcraft Protoss Carrier.
This one with several design changes and not a 1:1 copy.

As usual, credit me if you release a public mod using this unit.

carrier.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.28 KB
 Viewed:  8408 Time(s)

carrier.gif

carrier02.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  560.92 KB

carrier02.png

carrier01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  812.84 KB

carrier01.png

CarrierFrames.zip
 Description:
the raw frames, if someone wants to convert it himself

Download
 Filename:  CarrierFrames.zip
 Filesize:  9.83 MB
 Downloaded:  438 Time(s)

carrier.zip
 Description:
TS 32 facing SHP and art.ini example code

Download
 Filename:  carrier.zip
 Filesize:  795.75 KB
 Downloaded:  403 Time(s)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's pretty damn amazing, nice work!

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... Not sure I like the design of this thing, but are you sure Blizzard won't mind C&C-modders using their concept?
IIRC, someone told someone else that civilian props from SC couldn't made public because of possible issues and/or suing...

But good work, eitherway.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your own work with artistic freedom applied and straight copy/conversion/theft are not the same. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG This again? Copyright, copyright and ztyping copyright.
Come on, enjoy good damned SHP. Blizzard does not give crap about this in PPM, we have tons of SC assets.

LKO, nice work man, as usual, I like it. This can be awesome addition even to Yuri, some cyborgs or aliens, I mean we in YR can use it for sure. Counterpart of Kirov airship.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

LKOFans

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And... those it carries...?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I'm not a fan of the design myself, the model itself is extremely well done! What I love best is how you use of the special palette colours that are not affected by ambient lighting. Even though the colours are very limited, those plasma streams look pretty smooth Smile It's such a shame you rarely see those colours utilized by most SHP models out there.

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True. The community is more in favor of VXLs, which makes sense considering how much easier they are to edit than SHPs.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Carrier has arrived!"

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A brutally modified by WW2 humans protoss ship, this doesn't look protoss at all. WHY THE HUMAN CANNONS???

Last edited by kenosis on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
What I love best is how you use of the special palette colours that are not affected by ambient lighting. Even though the colours are very limited, those plasma streams look pretty smooth Smile It's such a shame you rarely see those colours utilized by most SHP models out there.

yeah for that i had to use my newly developed tool Image Shaper, since it was impossible to get such effects done with any other tool.
In SHP Builder in the past, i had to do several very annoying intermediate steps to get something like this done and in the end still had a high chance of mismatched colors and bad pixel.

Public SHPs

Tools

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, good job. Gonna find a way to put it in my space gamemode. #Tongue

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO, you made me log in to say good job. I assume that the only way to get a unit not to display Anti Aliasing is doing a huge render?

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh hey, nice to see you. Thought already about contacting you, as this unit might be useful for your mod/game.

What do you mean?
This unit is anti-aliased. It was rendered in exactly this size, with anti-aliasing on. (see the raw frames)
Only the tiny point lights on the tip of the antennae are made in a non-anti-aliased render pass.
The different render passes were then combined to one SHP using Image Shaper

Public SHPs

Tools

Artraiden
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's perfect,but why the first frame is not north,it's TS feature?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's how the 32 facing hack for the TS engine needs the 32 facing SHP units to be.

Public SHPs

Tools

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work

Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holyyy motherboly!!!
I like it, its freaky!

Can Use for cncnet?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes and no
yes, it's a public asset
no, cncnet doesn't has 32 facing hack applied and until not all vanilla TS SHP vehicles are converted to 32 facings, the hack can not be applied without breaking the original 8 facing SHP vehicles.

Public SHPs

Tools

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can always make a TS-exclusive version of Ares DLL #Tongue Laughing

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
You can always make a TS-exclusive version of Ares DLL #Tongue Laughing

Do It Now!!!!!!! Wink

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Roger that.
Alex, give me the source code Laughing

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i may be wrong, but i think Ares 32 facing for SHPs is exclusive as well, meaning when enabled, the 8 facing SHP wont work anymore like the TS 32 facing hack.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares supports 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, etc facings, you can specify which one per unit using the Facings= tag.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ui, nice.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With Ares the starting frame is still north too BTW, so I'd suggest compiling a new 32 fame version for RA2 uses. Ares also gives you the ability to make flying aircraft carriers, so this unit would be more appealing to RA2 modders.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just rearrange the raw frames. it's quicker than 30-40min to render that unit again.
With Image Shaper you could do the rearrangement in the tool before converting it.

Public SHPs

Tools

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excellent work!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but
arent post TD games locked to have non SHP air units
and even if it hovers it won't tilt ?

(btw excelent work)

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are and I don't think it really needs to tilt in RA2+ as it has BalloonHover, not sure if you have to jumpet for TS.

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AircraftTypes in RA2 have to be voxels otherwise you run into an IE, but Jumpjet VehicleTypes can still be SHPs as far as I know. A floating carrier such as this would fall into the latter category.

Very interesting to know that Ares made floating carriers spawn correctly though, I never noticed that in the changelogs. I may just have to find a way to use that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!