Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
Component Tower issue
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:  Component Tower issue
Subject description: Upgrade wont show up
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I have been screwing with this for hours, about half day and still could not find where problem is.
I made component tower, then sam upgrade for it. Component tower got weapon, but it did not change appearance, there is no sam anim.
So, cause I suck at this kind of TS modding, I changed rules/art entries to original ones, [GACTWR] for component tower, [GACSAM] for upgrade, [GACTWR_D] for this animation, i changed files as well, and still upgrade wont show up.
Then I even changed everything to TS stock values (except few necessery YR things), and it even is not working again.
So, guys, what I did wrong?
This is how it looks like ingame

Left is component tower, which is upgraded, but looks same as non upgraded (here in my mod, component looks like SM without turret), but still can fire its missiles (which means that it got upgraded at all). Right is regular NASAM, for comparison how should upgraded component look like.

And these are entries, basic TS with some basic changes:

Rulesmd:
WallTower=GACTWR

[BuildingTypes]
463=GACTWR
464=GACSAM

[Animations]
47=GACTWR_D

[GACTWR]
Name=Component Tower
Strength=500
Armor=light
Prerequisite=GAPILE
TechLevel=2
Sight=6
Adjacent=3
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
AIBasePlanningSide=0 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil
Cost=200
Turret=yes
Points=50
Power=-10
Sensors=yes
BaseNormal=no
Crewed=no
ROT=12
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
TurretAnimZAdjust=-45   ;WST 6/18/99 was 50 but cause z buffer problem: Component towers turret animation depends on what the player attaches :
HasSpotlight=false;
MaxDebris=2
ThreatPosed=30 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,LGSparkSys
DamageSmokeOffset=500, 500, 400
HasStupidGuardMode=false
Nominal=yes
Powered=yes
BuildCat=Combat
Upgrades=1

; SAM addon for component tower
[GACSAM]
Name=SAM Upgrade
Image=GACSAM
Prerequisite=GACTWR,GARADR
TechLevel=5
Armor=wood
Sight=10
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
AIBasePlanningSide=0 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil
Cost=300
Points=30
Power=-30
Crewed=no
Capturable=no
Explosion=TWLT070
PowersUpBuilding=gactwr
PowersUpToLevel=-1 ;3
Primary=HoverMissile ;RedEye2
Secondary=HoverMissile ;RedEye2
Turret=yes
ThreatPosed=0 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
IsBaseDefense=yes
Powered=yes
BuildCat=Combat

Artmd:
[GACTWR]
Image=GACTWR
Remapable=yes
Normalized=yes
Cameo=TOWRICON
Foundation=1x1
Buildup=GACTWRMK
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
NewTheater=yes
;ActiveAnim=GACTWR_A
;ActiveAnimZAdjust=-39
Height=3

[GACSAM]
Image=GACTWR_D
Remapable=yes
Cameo=TWR3ICON
Foundation=1x1
MidPoint=66
PrimaryFireFLH=152,50,192
SecondaryFireFLH=152,-50,192
NewTheater=yes

[GACTWR_D]
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=32
LoopCount=-1
Rate=0
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes

So, what am I missing all time?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In TS PowersUpToLevel= is used with positive numbers 1 to 3, this way assigning a unique upgrade image to the component tower.
It could be that you need at least 3 upgrades with each using one of the 3 numbers, so the whole logic works. No clue exactly since i never experimented that much with the component tower logic.

Since you use the prefix GA and NewTheater, are you sure all the necessary SHPs for each theater are present?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO, Very Happy
Thank you man!
RA2 modders were so helpful here that TS modder had to come here and help me. AlexB only saw this and said he has no idea what is wrong.

PowersUpToLevel=3 should be for some reason, even though I do not have level 1 or 2 or even anims. Seems hardcoded or something like that. Also as you can see, I can even place components at walls. Those two bottom, left is SAM component and right is regular SAM. No difference between them, so this worked so far. If I have more issues regarding this I will post.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC, the hard-coding was from TS-days. Nice to see it's still in RA2. Did you try it for YR/Ares too?

As for PowersUpToLevel: 1 & 2 are used for the Gun and RPG component upgrades.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, here is how it looks like

All four versions, and four versions over wall, plus upgraded and non upgraded power plants.

TAK02 wrote:
IIRC, the hard-coding was from TS-days. Nice to see it's still in RA2. Did you try it for YR/Ares too?

It is actually for Ares. I did not know it had some hard coding that is why I had problems at first place.

TAK02 wrote:
As for PowersUpToLevel: 1 & 2 are used for the Gun and RPG component upgrades.

Yeah, I got them all. But it is weird that some hard coding still suffers from TS, like Vulcan tower must have both primary and secondary weapon to fire two shoots, otherwise it wont shoot at all. However, I gave HoverMissile for test to SAM upgrade, and it could fire two shoots from primary weapon. Seems that its hardcoded to vulcan.

LKO, since you are using TS, what is purpose of WallTower stuff? You can place component tower over wall and what is advantage over it? We can just sell wall's cell and place any defense in that empty cell, so why is this method different?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
LKO, since you are using TS, what is purpose of WallTower stuff? You can place component tower over wall and what is advantage over it? We can just sell wall's cell and place any defense in that empty cell, so why is this method different?

It's for the AI so they can place a base defense atop a wall since they'll never sell a wall piece to replace with a tower. It's a feature that was never used AFAIK.

For your SAM upgrade, you used GACSAM which is PowerUp3Anim on the component tower from TS, that's why you needed to PowersUpToLevel=3. I'm not sure if this changed but,
"While the simultaneous firing of both Primary and Secondary weapons is applicable to all the upgrade numbers, in TS there is hardcoded restriction for the Component Tower to not allow this for PowersUpToLevel=2 and PowersUpToLevel=3 as those are coded for RPG and SAM Upgrades.",
so PowersUpToLevel=4+ should be able to use any combination.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can't use 4 and above. only 1-3 work.
If you look in a map on a building in the Structures section, you see it has only max 3 places for upgrades (the last 3 "...,None,None,None,...") and component tower logic is using each of these places for one of the 3 upgrade graphics.

Public SHPs

Tools

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Upgrades= is needed to show the upgrade graphics but the hardcoded
component tower doesn't even need that in TS. By using a different ID
like GACSAMX etc., PowersUpToLevel=-1 should work.

When using +ve values in PowersUpToLevel, that is 1, 2 and/or 3, the
upgrade slot count is limited to 1. With -1, you can have more than 3
upgrades but slots are limited to a max of 3. Whichever is built first
takes the first slot and so on upto 3 slots.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, so it is hardcoded for component tower only....
I wondered all time why the hell does not it have Upgrades tag as all building need that since that tag defines if structure is upgradeable or not. Power plant for example has that tag, I am using it.
E1 Elite, that was helpful information

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when using -1 in TS, the turret logic does not work anymore. You can then only have looping animations.
Only with positive numbers, the turret logic works, means the 32 frames are not looped but pointed towards the target.

However weapons do indeed also work with -1.
So if you don't need a pointing towards target turret graphic and a looping anim is enough, you can use -1 as well.

Public SHPs

Tools

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So things like the Tesla Component Tower from ROTR would work with -1...

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon