Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
D-day on XP
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
prehistoric_pcs
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:  D-day on XP
Subject description: Please help me...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need to get D-day on my XP laptop, don't ask why i'm on xp. Yes i know its 2017. I've done everything correctly. I got it working on my Vista but this one, when i drag gamemd on Syringe nothing happens.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your version of XP may be missing the Microsoft runtime files needed to use Ares. The readme file that comes with Ares includes a link to these files.

Make sure YR is patched to v1.001 too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Make sure YR is patched to v1.001 too.

I thought the patch's fixes were included?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gamemd.exe needs to to be patched to v1.001 for Ares to work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Odd, I'd have thought Ares'd work regardless, as long as it's the original gamemd.exe, not game.exe renamed (I tried. Did nothing at all, if you're curious).

I still have the unpatched version (patch refused to run, something about missing files), so I could try it out and report my findings here.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
prehistoric_pcs
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where exactly would i go to update my gamemd.exe file?

And my Microsoft Runtime files too?

Regular Yuri's Revenge works fine if that info will help...

It's not made of snow... It's cheese...

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Google Yuri's Revenge Patch & as I said look in the Ares Readme for a link to the runtime files.

prehistoric_pcs
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jesus, such a quick response. You truly are dedicated to your work Mig c:

prehistoric_pcs
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ummm... I installed the updater and it said i have an invalid .ini or something and when i played the regular game i do recall it saying 1.001 at the bottom so that shouldn't be the problem. But i just found out even when i just double-click the Gamemd nothing happens. But when i do the RA2md the game actually runs. ( as in the original game, not the mod)

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gamemd.exe not working is normal, you have to start the game via RA2md.exe or YURI.exe. When using Ares(/D-day) tho it's recommended to use the RunAres.bat file to start the game.

What version of Ares are you using BTW?

prehistoric_pcs
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First, thank you SO MUCH for the instantaneous support with my problem.

I'm quite confident i'm using the Ares that came with it. I already put the 3.7 patch in the directory. Can you give me exact directions on how i should do this and what files to drag onto other to run them? For example, what do i drag on the Bat file and vise versa.

I just installed the XP pack 3 thing so i'll see if that did anything.

prehistoric_pcs
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*UPDATE* It's kinda working not really tho. (actually, not at all)

I dragged RA2MD on Syringe and opened with the regular Yuri opening photo. When it loads the red sonar thing is in the main menu but the bar on the right is D-Days. I Click single player and it says there's a campaign, i ignore cuz its false and i hit skirmish. The UI for the skirmish menu is good but two countries say something along the line of 'MISSING: Name' and the flags are Libya and Cuba. Germany has a British flag and USSR has a Nazi flag. The maps are all 'MISSING FILES' etc... I try to start the game and it just exits without even an error message...

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares didn't load so the game was a corrupt mix of RA2 & D-day.

You dont need to drag anything on to RunAres.bat, just double click on it to launch Ares.

Have you tried installing the runtime files yet?

prehistoric_pcs
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes! I got it working yesterday but I was too busy playing it with my brother i forgot to inform you

I got the latest Windows Installer

XP Service Pack 3

And i got the latest version of Ares 0.E which fixed it.

Thank you for the fast and reliable support, it was almost instant!

BTW i have a quick question, when will be able to play as Japan, Poland, etc... My little brother really wants those Kamikaze Zeros!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon