Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
Regarding CnCNet client
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:  Regarding CnCNet client
Subject description: General how-to questions regarding the only future for RA2&YR
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Continuation from: https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=564628#564628
^Rampastein wrote:
To make the campaign button show up, find MainMenu.ini, from there find [btnNewCampaign] and give it Visible=true and Enabled=true, as well as a size that's bigger than zero (you might also need some other keys, look at the existing visible buttons for reference).

I did that, and the button showed up, as a replacement for 'Ranked Match' (I did a simple replace. Will figure out how to get them all together soon enough).

BUT: The campaign-list is empty, even tho it's the correct Mapsxx.mix.
Where do the mapselmd.ini, battlemd.ini, and missionmd.ini go for CnCNet to read them?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Last edited by TAK02 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The client has maps/campaigns set up differently, it doesn't use the original game files.

Our spawner binary bypasses serial and CD checks, single player features are disabled in it deliberately to prevent the binary to be used as a no-cd crack.
Because of how some of our patches are implemented its likely to crash in single player as well.

Unofficial mods are required to use a Ares compatible DLL version of the spawner code and since Ares provides the nocd/no serial check side that technically isn't our problem.

Getting a somewhat acknowledgement to keep existing from EA was already a miracle, providing means to bypass Origin for the original game would likely end up with a C&D.

Just going for it and pretending the woolly mammoth isn't in the room like ORA does is a really bad idea.
Until if ever EA releases RA2 and YR as freeware these are the things we are required to do to keep YR on CnCNet.

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The thing is:
C&C S will include its own campaign missions, just like MO.
...So how to get the client to list them up like MO does?
Of course, for debug and testing purposes, the original missions will have to be used, but that's temporary.

And speaking of Ares: how do I get CnCNet to launch Ares along with the original EXE?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah, I remember skimming it as I wasn't planning on using CnCNet+Ares then.

One last thing (plus getting missions to show up):
Is it possible to change the filenames of what the client needs? I.E. rulesmo.ini instead of rulesmd.ini etc. for example.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump. Just so this doesn't get lost somewhere in Discord's chat history.

Starrku wrote:
to enable missions in client:

1. Enable the button. Find file called MainMenu.ini in Resources or one of the theme directories in it and change btnNewCampaign Visible key to value 1 / true. Potentially have to tweak Size/Location as well as Location of other buttons to make it fit nicely.

2. Give client a list of campaigns. It reads two INI files for this, INI\Battle.ini and another which is configurable from ClientDefinitions.ini (BattleFSFilename), defaults to BattleFS.ini, also read from INI subfolder. Probably not present by default in CnCNet YR distribution. The structure is identical to battle(md).ini used by the game, but it also reads few different / extra keys. Probably easier to just take a look at mods like MO or RR to get an idea of how it works. No idea if anyone's created one for YR missions or anything.
Oh yeah, a little bit less intuitive thing is that you will have to set CopyMissionsToSpawnmapINI in ClientDefinitions.ini -> Settings to false/no

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon