:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Miscellaneous Forums » Offtopic Discussion Area » Political & Economical Discussion
Intel fucked up bigtime
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:  Intel fucked up bigtime
Subject description: (but I'm just a conspiracy theorist right? haha)

Now you know the sick joke of what "Intel inside" really means, it means the entire intelligence community has a ztyping backdoor in your chip. Not just the intended backdoors, but the flaws that lead hackers to discover other ways in... then they claim ignorance, and try to blame every other cpu manufacturer. AMD basically told them to ztype off, the same exploit doesn't exist in theirs.

Of course this makes the stock and CEO behaviour both impossible to defend, since he knew of the disclosures, and he know shit was going to hit the fan soon. BUT he also signed secret agreements with the govt not to disclose anything, so he is trapped.

The massive irony of all this is, if the Trump DOJ wants to crucify Krzanich for insider trading, and talk shit about the intel community makintg everyone unsafe, it is possible he can get them to stop trying to overthrow him.... maybe. Then again they might just kill him like JFK.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/04/intel_amd_arm_cpu_vulnerability/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/04/intel_meltdown_spectre_bugs_the_registers_annotations/

This video goes in depth into what Intel's Ring -2 OS works... note the date Smile

Administrative Warning: Administrative Warning: Political Conspirator Detected!The political opinions expressed by this user in this forum are blindly hostile against Israel and whatever he considers to be Zionism or Zionists. Samples of such behavior can be seen here, here and here. His tactics consists on desconstructing what he considers to be the 'official story' blaming "Zionist" media for "lies", but he never has the intention to prove his claims. He tries to use psychological rethorics to provoke others to prove it in his place and only seem to accept "proofs" (a.k.a. factoids) that seems to fit his shaped opinion about the subject. A proper explanation on his tactics with samples can be seen here and here.

This kind of behavior is not welcomed in this community at all, neither are any kind of hate speech against any group of people. Such attitude is considered trolling. This warning notice is restricted to the Political and Economical Discussion Forum and maybe it will be removed once administrators consider that the attitude of the user has changed.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Intel fucked up bigtime Reply with quote

G-E wrote:
AMD basically told them to ztype off, the same exploit doesn't exist in theirs.

A headline reader i see.......
AMD pulled a PR stunt, given the situation it's a major gamble of customer trust, and you self proclaimed expert of the real truth, expert psychological analyzer, expert of all government plots fell right for it, hook, line and sinker.

For the record AMD CPUs are vulnerable to Spectre.
https://meltdownattack.com/#faq-systems-spectre

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Last edited by tomsons26lv on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total

4StarGeneral
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know everything about this, but I've delved into black hat security with python (not that the coding language matters much for this subject) for quite awhile and Fun Fact: Your computer mic and camera (USB) can surely be activated while it's off or asleep unless it's plugged into USB 1.0 - 1.2, but not remotely by default AND without the OS on there's no software for the devices to have anything done with them. To run said software you would need the drivers in an external machine after you dump the device names and to do any of this, the PC processor would need to be on and so would the motherboard, meaning you would be able to tell if you're being attacked while it's off, but not asleep. And before you say anything else, there's not enough space in the ARM to hold said software. So this "dumpintel" 4chan user (completely shit source btw) doesn't exactly know what he's talking about. It's been like this since forever, just that only recently some idiot decided it was newsworthy.

Everything is vulnerable to new hacks every day, backdoors are installed in tons of things for software and hardware technicians to repair them among other things.
For example: Just recently one of the hacking communities created code that could be loaded through a cartridge in the Nintendo 3DS using only a magnet to spoof it into reading it as a developer cartridge (the ones the NAND flash memory firmware ignore security checks). Nintendo of course sent out a bug bounty to anyone that can stop, but as it is an ARM hardware backdoor, it can't be.

G-E
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Intel fucked up bigtime Reply with quote

tomsons26lv wrote:
For the record AMD CPUs are vulnerable to Spectre.
https://meltdownattack.com/#faq-systems-spectre

Spectre is very difficult to get into without the meltdown bug in the Intel processors, however the underlying SMM in AMD cores is still theoretically vulnerable.

Refer to the video I posted where they use the legacy APIC tables, which are conveniently remappable for some crazy reason (compatibility with some archaic systems) and that remap causes the problems... which is clearly noted as also possible on AMD. Keep in mind this is workaround for a distinct hardware APIC that is now emulated, and has been emulated for nearly 20yrs to save cost.

So no I've watched these x86 hacks for years, I knew this day would come, I just didn't expect it was so bad.
Administrative Warning: Administrative Warning: Political Conspirator Detected!The political opinions expressed by this user in this forum are blindly hostile against Israel and whatever he considers to be Zionism or Zionists. Samples of such behavior can be seen here, here and here. His tactics consists on desconstructing what he considers to be the 'official story' blaming "Zionist" media for "lies", but he never has the intention to prove his claims. He tries to use psychological rethorics to provoke others to prove it in his place and only seem to accept "proofs" (a.k.a. factoids) that seems to fit his shaped opinion about the subject. A proper explanation on his tactics with samples can be seen here and here.

This kind of behavior is not welcomed in this community at all, neither are any kind of hate speech against any group of people. Such attitude is considered trolling. This warning notice is restricted to the Political and Economical Discussion Forum and maybe it will be removed once administrators consider that the attitude of the user has changed.

TAK02
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As 4Star said, this isn't anything new. There's a reason why we have all cameras on PCs/laptops covered.
I probably would prefer the same for our phones too...
And while intel may have made a backdoor for espionage, it doesn't change the fact that the SYSTEM allows listening into. They're called hackers for a reason.

Umm, this might be offtopic, but would anyone bother with an old XP machine when deciding to hack?
And by old I mean really old/weak (1GB RAM, intel Atom processor, completely dead batteries to the point cutting it off the electricity resets the clock...)
And to anyone wondering: yes, WinXP is happy with less than 1 GB RAM, unlike Lose10, which uses 3x as much, IIRC, for the 100+ processes running, compared to the 33+-
And people say newer is always better Wink
I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue
I once ninja'd MigEater #Tongue
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account
4StarGeneral
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAK02 wrote:
As 4Star said, this isn't anything new. There's a reason why we have all cameras on PCs/laptops covered.
I probably would prefer the same for our phones too...
And while intel may have made a backdoor for espionage, it doesn't change the fact that the SYSTEM allows listening into. They're called hackers for a reason.

Umm, this might be offtopic, but would anyone bother with an old XP machine when deciding to hack?
And by old I mean really old/weak (1GB RAM, intel Atom processor, completely dead batteries to the point cutting it off the electricity resets the clock...)
And to anyone wondering: yes, WinXP is happy with less than 1 GB RAM, unlike Lose10, which uses 3x as much, IIRC, for the 100+ processes running, compared to the 33+-
And people say newer is always better Wink

I don't think most people have their pc camera covered, you sound like you're afraid the government wants you or something.

You can use it sure, but not with WinXP, most people use linux and besides its much less taxing than XP if you use say, Lubuntu or Arch Linux with MATE, you could do it. I've had both run on a 256MB ram, Pentium II 233Mhz just fine. It's just whether you care how slow everything is. You're wrong about windows 10 though. It only uses 30 processes and Windows 7 uses 27. They're all relatively the same, just Windows 10 dumps alot bigger files to ram. They both also have the benefit of security software actually supporting them, for end users like you.

TAK02
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding covered cameras: my Father's orders, simple as that, and yes I am do not want some ****ing government knowing more about me than they already do.

And I just chked with Comodo's KillSwitch: 172 processes running during writing this, most of them probably aren't even relevant to system functions, but are running anyways.
Less than 19 Applications, 638 services are also running.
This has nothing to do with RAM, although I do question if it's possible to have less than 3.5 GB being used in total on Win10 when idle.

Also, not my fault MicroBrains ended support for good ol' WinXP and didn't make it freeware and Lose10 downgradable / proper dualboot support so we can play RA2 literally out of the box Smile
Speaking of which: the speed is quite alright. Slip-ups and lag are on the weak CPU and low RAM. This can't have to do anything (or much) with the system.
I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAK02 wrote:
And I just chked with Comodo's KillSwitch: 172 processes running during writing this, most of them probably aren't even relevant to system functions, but are running anyways.

As I'm writing this, I only have about 100 processes running that are related to Windows 10 itself.

TAK02 wrote:
This has nothing to do with RAM, although I do question if it's possible to have less than 3.5 GB being used in total on Win10 when idle.

IIRC Windows 10 frees up RAM used by the operating system in case it's actually needed by applications. Back when I had 8 GB RAM, it used to mostly idle at slightly below 4 GB, but after playing and exiting for example a memory-heavy game, I sometimes saw it idling at only around 2 GB afterwards.

There's also a 32-bit version of Windows 10 that demands less RAM.

About the topic itself, there's lots of confusion in various news sources, but from what I've understood so far:
- Only Intel CPUs are vulnerable to Meltdown. It's fixable (and has mostly been fixed already) with software updates, but the fix gives a performance hit that's somewhat insignificant most of the time (between 0% and 30% depending on the task).
- Intel, AMD and ARM processors (meaning pretty much all CPUs in your computers, phones and tablets) are all vulnerable to Spectre and it's close to impossible to fix entirely.

Overall right now it doesn't seem to me like it'll be something that regular malware would exploit often, although it can be quite effective when it's exploited. It's also a handy tool for governments with lots of resources.

G-E
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4StarGeneral wrote:
I don't think most people have their pc camera covered, you sound like you're afraid the government wants you or something.

Remember Yahoo was caught doing this, every 8sec they would snap a photo and upload it. Yahoo employees were caught trading the naked pics amongst themselves too.... imagine how many were underage too.

TAK02
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Rampastein wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

As I'm writing this, I only have about 100 processes running that are related to Windows 10 itself.

"We're from the future! Our Engineers are better than yours!"

"Well, our systems are less taxing than yours!"

And yes, Yahoo's camera-flop might've been what prompted us to cover all cams, although, we didn't have laptops then, I think, just old-school PCs with monitors.

But when the little PCs with built-in cams got on the market, we had to cover them.
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the ztype any of you two has a computer with internet access then? I presume you both also have phones, are using Google as your search engine, and visit websites with Google Ads.

Well, then you're already goofed - tracking people based on their SIM cards is something being done since what, the mid-90s. Tracking people's internet access is also commonplace. For one "method of protection", five other will take it's place. On the other hand, most of the data collected this way is so enormous that it takes too much effort to find the information in the ocean of data usually.

Anyway. your only real defense would be to live secluded, but then you couldn't spread your stupid paranoia.

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
NucleiSplitter
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, luckily I don't connect my PC to the internet. I'd do what Graion said if I were you, well, if you plan to use your mobile as a means to connect to the internet, that's what I do.

My phone is a tad bit old, and doesn't run on Intel, so I guess I'm in the clear.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something posted on an imageboard is always legit. Nobody would just go on the Internet and lie or anything.
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Miscellaneous Forums » Offtopic Discussion Area » Political & Economical Discussion
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon