Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Added a new tank unit, and AI start building a lot of them
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:  Added a new tank unit, and AI start building a lot of them Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello,

sorry if this question has been asked before, i just added a tank into the game, and now AI starts building the tank that i just added, they build a lot of them and they are not going anywhere Laughing. dont know what went wrong, didnt even touch the aimd, just rulesmd and artmd.

the AIs on my side and enemy side starts building the new tank and seems like they will not stop!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This happens if you have more than 100 buildable units in the [VehicleTypes] list. You can reorder the list to move all the unbuildable unit past 100, (more info here.) which will temperately fix this bug until you add more units. Ares fixes this bug tho so it's recommended to use it in the long run.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
This happens if you have more than 100 buildable units in the [VehicleTypes] list. You can reorder the list to move all the unbuildable unit past 100, (more info here.) which will temperately fix this bug until you add more units. Ares fixes this bug tho so it's recommended to use it in the long run.

thanks! used to have the same issue but i forgot about it.

yeah they won't attack, but one interesting stuff is they defend their base when they are under attacked, or attack anything that deal damage to any unit which has ToProtech=yes such as ore miner, and occassionary follow them everywhere. this default AI behaviour actually work pretty well, wouldn't mind adding this AI script to make enemy base tougher and defended when need.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you can get a similar result with InfantryReserve=.

I'm not sure tho.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
I think you can get a similar result with InfantryReserve=.

I'm not sure tho.

sounds good, havent tried that code myself, the escaped crew / survivor after the building went boom uses the same AI behaviour too, where they could camp and defend their base / ore miners, doesn't matter where the ore miner is at, it can be on the other side of map, these guys will travel all the way to kill the attacker. i have had the survivor % raised to make sure there will be plenty of survivors after the enemy building gets destroyed, and the survivors is not regular weak GI's, they are cyborgs / terminators with laser cannons that very effective against all type of armors due to the warheads sets to 100% each. Laughing.

and thats just a side which i dont play with, because with that logic i can buy and sell off the building and give myself a bunch of cyborgs without paying the price to built them.

my current vehicle count is 229, tons of them have -1 tech level as it is only obtainable through a building as they are a FreeUnit.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bugjuice wrote:
i have had the survivor % raised to make sure there will be plenty of survivors after the enemy building gets destroyed, and the survivors is not regular weak GI's, they are cyborgs / terminators with laser cannons that very effective against all type of armors due to the warheads sets to 100% each. Laughing.

with that logic i can buy and sell off the building and give myself a bunch of cyborgs without paying the price to built them.

Remember, cheating is only fun if the AI does it Wink

Bugjuice wrote:
my current vehicle count is 229, tons of them have -1 tech level as it is only obtainable through a building as they are a FreeUnit.

FreeUnit shouldn't have an effect on the AI.
Infact, on the rare occasion the AI gets such a unit, such as an Apocalypse Tank, it stays in idle. Until my stupid War Miner decides to use its air gun for some fun in the ore field. Mad

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="TAK02"]
Bugjuice wrote:

FreeUnit shouldn't have an effect on the AI.
Infact, on the rare occasion the AI gets such a unit, such as an Apocalypse Tank, it stays in idle. Until my stupid War Miner decides to use its air gun for some fun in the ore field. Mad

yeah, i found a few ways to make AI use them, you can have a building that give a free unit as like building an ore refinery, building a tech center give a free Apocalypse for an example, when AI builts the tech center they get the Apocalypse spawn aside of the building but they will never notice its existent as they will not move even after they getting shot at. Two ways to make AI use them and make them use the default AI behavior, have the AI built walls for the tech center which give a free unit, they will somehow call the unit to move away as their spawn point is right next to the building as prevent AI from building walls, thats when the unit become "awake" and start working, they stay at base and defend against attacker that damage their base and any unit with ToProtect=yes..

another way which is more reliable is add harvester=yes line to the freeunit, AI will use them straight out of the box.

even funnier if you made the prism tower give a free prism tank. LOL.. that will be a very well guarded base. you can try attack the enemy ore miner to find the all the freeunits leaves the base and trying to hunt you down for that.  Laughing  Laughing

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AI can use free units if you make a trigger/team type specifically for them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Additionally, if you want new units to be used like the regular ones, you need to give them teams and hunt missions in aimd.ini, otherwise they will act purely defensively.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon