Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
DTA Installer
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:  DTA Installer
Subject description: work work work
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,
I'm trying to get DTA onto my work computer in the office but I'm encountering an issue.
The problem is since its a work computer every time I try to download the installer so I can work on a project in my free time it gets blocked. Something about a gateway.

I'm curious to know would it be possible for me to just e-mail the installer to my computer at work if that would work around it?

Or if there is a way to directly download it, bear in mind I don't have access to some permissions in how the work computer downloads files.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could try transferring it with an USB stick, or e-mail might also work since the installer is fairly small.

Note however that the installer also downloads most of DTA's files from the CnCNet server. If the installer is also blocked from downloading them, you'd have to transfer the whole game.

PS. I take no responsibility in case you get fired #Tongue

Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valid point Ramp, perhaps it is not such a great idea.
Is there a way to just get the assets and editor only instead of the whole game?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When you look at the files, there's a bunch the map editor won't need. Most notably the DLLs of the game, and any/all EXEs that aren't named game.exe and/or TS.exe.

The MIXs need to be there so that the editor can display graphics, otherwise the objects will become invisible.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you TAK02, however as progress is being made on the project I have made the decision that incorporation of the editor into my work computer would be unwise.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Einhander wrote:
Thank you TAK02, however as progress is being made on the project I have made the decision that incorporation of the editor into my work computer would be unwise.
You did? Good, no need to worry about you getting fired any time soon because of your hobby #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum