Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
How many ways to make enemy AI's filthy rich?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:  How many ways to make enemy AI's filthy rich? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since i added tons of expensive buildable super unit, AIs are now running short on cash, i have had them build some building that would generate cash such as adding a line which generate cash every 1 minutes or so, as i observed they don't seems to recognize the money they are making from their own building, only way they make money is through the means of ore mining or through tech oil derricks, but i might be wrong, i start noticing this as most of their building are on fire and they refuse to repair it and a few are actually generating cash and is powered, but they stop building anything and waiting to die... i've actually spend some time and try this with allied AIs, i destroyed all their miners and the refineries, and some expensive building, i keep doing it until they start to selling off some of their building to build refineries, then teleport all their ore miners into an island, and shoot their building and apparently they dont have cash to repair, but i can test it by commanding my chrono miner into their refinery, then they start to build something and repair thei damaged building..

any other way to make them rich? i wish the AI have near infinite amount of cash Very Happy

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best way is to increase AIVirtualPurifiers. You can also increase the MultiplayerAICM but AIVirtualPurifiers is more effective in the long run.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, no, no, no way

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using Ares you could create a superweapon that gives them free money, provided you have a building that only the AI can build.

Code:
[AIFreeMoney]
UIName=AIMoneySW
Name=Free Money SW
Money.Amount=20000  ;amount of money the firer will get if positive, lose if negative
SW.Range=1
SW.CreateRadarEvent=no
SW.AffectsHouse=team
SW.AffectsTargets=none
SW.ShowCameo=no
SW.AutoFire=yes
SW.AITargeting=Base
Type=PsychicReveal
Action=PsychicReveal
IsPowered=false
RechargeTime=5  ;however many minutes you want it to wait
SidebarImage=PSYRICON
ShowTimer=no
DisableableFromShell=no
FlashSidebarTabFrames=1

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No need for the SW just use ProduceCashAmount & ProduceCashDelay on the dummy building.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're right, forgot about the simple things, haha.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You're right, forgot about the simple things, haha.

I like the idea of an AI control center, you could do what gaairc does for USA -

just replace robot control center for the AI with a special robot control center and there you go. AIBuildThis=Yes. AiBuild-That-=no #Tongue

Masquerading as the robot control center is an AI money factory.

Sov - Nuclear Reactor

Yuri - Cloning Vats

Also - I think with ares you can go as far as then setting the number of these buildings to construct on various difficulty settings, meaning you might be able to give different amounts to each setting depending on AI strength by creating multiple buildings for each setting. So you don't completely wreck the game #Tongue

yes you can

AIExtraCounts=

"The maximum number of extra buildings the AI can build of this type depending on the difficulty. Order is hard to easy. A random number of buildings will be build in addition to the ones from the normal build count. Each value must be equal to or greater than 0. Defaults to 0,0,0."

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not really need a dummy/fake buildings, they can be troublesome if player captures/discovers them.
Give this SW to conyard or any building
SW.AutoFire=no & SW.ShowCameo=no ensure that player can never fire it. But AI doesn't need to click the cameo to fire a SW so it can't stop AI firing it.
Code:
[AIFreeMoney]
UIName=AIMoneySW
Name=Free Money SW
Money.Amount=20000  ;amount of money the firer will get if positive, lose if negative
SW.Range=1
SW.CreateRadarEvent=no
SW.AffectsHouse=team
SW.AffectsTargets=none
SW.ShowCameo=no
SW.AutoFire=no ; player can never fire this, only AI can
SW.AITargeting=Base
Type=PsychicReveal
Action=PsychicReveal
IsPowered=false
RechargeTime=5  ;however many minutes you want it to wait
SidebarImage=PSYRICON
ShowTimer=no
DisableableFromShell=no
FlashSidebarTabFrames=1

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well then maybe put superweapon in either ---- default or clones of -

Ore Purifier

Industrial Plant

Cloning Vats

(all non capturable)

Conyard is primary target for engineers. Thats the one building the player actually wants #Tongue

I think w/ building clones you might be able to stop AI building the default versions, and instead build 1 of  3 clones, depending on difficulty. by only defining an AIExtraCounts= on each.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon