Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
Cant access any website on the server
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:  Cant access any website on the server Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the last six days I've been unable to access any website on the server (Revora, T3A, PPM, Tibweb & all the hosted sites etc), it just tries loading for a few minutes then gives a timeout error.

At first I thought the server was down for maintenance or crashed and it would be back in a few hours. After a few days tho I thought I'd look into it and I found that nothing is wrong, instead it seams that the sever is blocking my IP or my ISP is blocking the server! The only way for me to currently access anything (and make this post) is to go through a proxy server.

BTW I have tried using multiple browsers on multiple devices at different times of day. I've also tried a direct connection to the modem instead of going through the router without any success.  

I posted about this on the Revora forum a few days ago, the staff their seam mystified tho. So I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has any suggestions and to also keep you lot in the loop as it were, because if I don't get this fixed I may be forced to leave the community :/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It could be an issue with the DNS at your ISP. Try switching your DNS to Google DNS or something.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try flushing your DNS cache and changing you DNS server. Could use
DNS Jumper from http://www.sordum.org/ and use like Comodo's secure
DNS.

Some browser extensions also block sites. Can try with a browser without
any extension. Some ad-blocker softwares do that too.

Check firewalls or temporarily disable those, they block IP addresses, both
in OS and routers.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I flushed the DNS cache and connected to Google DNS but it didn't help.

As I mentioned this is effecting all devices connected to the internet in the house and not just my PC. So it cant be browser or firewall related as they all use different software setups.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you try to access any FTP, cPanel or WHM service and missed your password 5 times?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, my girlfriend had that problem a few weeks ago on her site tho #Tongue

Phil just unblocked an IP he thought might be mine and after I could load the Revora & PPM main pages but when I tried to login everything was blocked again >.<

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have tried to login... where exactly?

You know, the problem you are reporting is typical from someone in your location who has missed the FTP/cPanel/WHM password five times. And considering the IP you've used to post above, it seems to be solved right now.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Earlier on it was only letting me load a few pages at a time. For example the Revora and PPM forums main page would load fine but then when I clicked on their login pages I'd get a timeout and then nothing else would work, not even the main forum pages I was previous on. Then after awhile I could load a few pages again but straight away I'd get timeout errors and would again have to wait awhile before I could load any more pages.

Its currently working without any problems now and will hopefully stay that way. I would like to know what went wrong tho so I avoid this situation in the future tho.

While incorrectly logging into my FTP or cPanel would be the most logical reason, last time I use my FTP was a month ago and I haven't logged into cPanel for maybe a few years now. I don't use the email account that came with my hosting ether.

The IP used in the post above was from the proxy I was using to access the forum, the IP used for this post is my real one.

Edit: After posting this I logged into my FTP without any problems but then when I tried to change folder I got disconnected, I checked the forum and that wont load either now (editing this post via proxy).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... I don't know what's going on with you. What you are reporting has nothing to do with FTP login problems. It could be a random computer between your ISP and the server that is malfunctioning. It happens sometimes and it is beyond our control. Anyway, I don't think there is anything else you could do other than using a proxy in these situations. Patience is the best solution for these cases.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't been able to load anything since the above mentioned logging into my FTP, I guess yesterdays brief inconsistency was a lucky fluke rather then a sign of improvement.  

I've been using a website based proxy to view sites on the server, which is a slightly inconvenience but ok. I'm not sure how or what I need to do to access my FTP via a proxy tho. I tried to google it but I couldn't find anything useful :/

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I said, there is a problematic machine between your ISP and this server. It is something that happens randomly and eventually it gets fixed. Sometimes in less than a day, sometimes it takes longer.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's now been over 6 weeks and I'm still unable to access anything on the server...

I've made a few more attempts to fix this on my end without any luck. Only things left that I can think of is to try replacing my modem/router &/or asking my ISP to change my IP address.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Six weeks is a very long time. Phil is really the guy who can help you here. What you can do to be helped is to use the following command, on the DOS prompt:

Code:
tracert revora.net

If it shows the IP (46.165.192.213) from revora.net, then there is no DNS problem.

If it reaches the leaseweb.com machine, then the path between your pc and the server has no problems. The problem would be once again an IP ban.

If it completes the trace route to dobby.icetex-hosting.net, then it is a software problem. But, in your case, I have no idea of what could be your problem since you claim that the whole network is affected.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tried using tracert on migeater.net/revora/ppmsite/the3rdage several times, it connects to the correct IP (46.165.192.213) but I just get a "Request timed out" message.

I talked to Phill when this first started & he checked to see if I was IP banned but didn't suggest anything else.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it actually connect to the leaseweb.com machine? Because if it doesn't, I don't think Phil will be able to help you either, because it would really be the path between your ISP and the server datacenter.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it doesn't, I just get;

Tracing route to revora.net [46.165.192.213]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  sitecomwlr2100.sitecomwlr2100 [192.168.0.1]
 2     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
 3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 6     *        *        *     Request timed out.

& so on.

I'll contact my ISP (KPN) after the weekend & see if they can help.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, you should really try contacting your ISP. Tell the whole story. including the part that you were banned for missing the FTP password five times and that you were unbanned as soon as you've contacted Phil. I wouldn't be surprised if it is some caching problem from their side.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wasn't banned tho (AFAIK) Phill just unblocked a Dutch IP he thought might be mine but it didn't help. The only things I had been logging into when this started was ppm & my wiki, no FTP, cPanel or e-mail etc.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's ok. I guess I've just misunderstood part of the story. Anyway, I hope your ISP can help you with that. If possible, post your progress here and I'll try to help you with whatever is in my range.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unrelated but food for thought:

The SWR website/forums also has connection issues with people who try to connect it through IPv6. Disabling IPv6 fixes the issue, but there are people who can't do that since their ISP already dropped an IPv4 path for them.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now, that's something I haven't considered so far. The server was supposed to accept IPv6, but I've never tested that to be honest. Thanks for the insight. I'll investigate it.

Update: I've forced a DNS update to add a IPV6 to PPM Forums (by copying the one from cnc-online.net). MigEater, give it a new try with ppmforums.com. If it works, I'll add it to the other PPM domains.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for trying but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just got a response from Phil regarding if ipv6 could be your problem and he has just confirmed what you said. It makes no difference in your case.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bit of an update, I'm now using a VPN client instead of a web proxy to access the server. Which is a lot more stable & allows me access to my FTP as well as uploading files to the forum.

I tried to contact my ISP but they what to know usernames, passwords & ID numbers, etc before I can even send them a message. My father in-law in the bill payer & has all that information but he is an extremely busy person (he isn't even in the same country as me atm) so he hasn't had any free time to find the info.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad that the VPN solution works, although it is a pitty that things must come to this point. Anyway, keep us informed with the progress and if you need anything from our perspective, just say it.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So ten months later... Everything just magically started working again a few hours ago. Hopefully it's actually fixed now & not just a temporary fluke.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile

Too bad it took so long...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!