Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:48 am
All times are UTC + 0
helicopter rotor not spinning
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:  helicopter rotor not spinning Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have correct codes but its most likely hva problem... anyone knows how to do animating rotors using hva builder?

WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone...? if possible i dont really want to ask for anyone to fix the helicopter for me...

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Need more information;

1.What helicopter are you using?
2.Does it have the rotor blade(s) as a separate section(s)?
3.How much experience do you have with editing vxl or hva files?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont know who is the author of the helicopter because i playing a private mod made by my friend

i dont understand what you mean about rotor blades as a seperate section but it has one vxl file and the rotor and the body are seperate if thats what you are asking

to be honest im a complete noob at editing vxl or hva..... what i have done are just recolor and adjusting positions/rotations. is there no other easy way to do it for a noob like me?

WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is no one willing to help...?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In short, add the rotor to the chassis voxel as a section. Position the rotor
correctly, then add animation frames and then give rotation to the rotors.
If the HVA has animation, game will animate it, no separate code needed.

Related topic - https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=39261

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
In short, add the rotor to the chassis voxel as a section. Position the rotor
correctly, then add animation frames and then give rotation to the rotors.
If the HVA has animation, game will animate it, no separate code needed.

Related topic - https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=39261

Just to add to this, choose "Copy Frame" so you won't have to re-position the rotors each time.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I meant was, position the rotor correctly using voxel offset, not HVA
Position.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, fair enough then.

WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for late reply but thanks i manage to make rotor animations for my helicopters!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon