Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
adding a music problem
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:  adding a music problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so i added some musics in my thememd.mix, added the list of musics in the [Themes] section on thememd.ini

the problem is, when i play them now in game, its not playing the intended song and its acting like a "random song button" from the vanilla musics

however it shows the correct duration of my song but its really acting like a random song button... why is that and is there a way to make my new music work??

and before i forgot to mention, my songs are already on .wav format

WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i correct what i said earlier....

i guess its acting like a random song button because i set it to shuffle

but still its not playing the song and it seems its only playing the main menu song when i try to play my newly added songs......

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In thememd.ini, keep the existing list as it is and use numbers 29= and
onwards for your new music.

Don't give different Sound= in the music's section like

[Grinder]
Sound=Tactics ;Correct is Sound=Grinder

Check whether your file format is supported by the game engine.
Search PPM for format.

WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my sound tag and the music's section is the same

and how to check my file format is supported by the game engine?? my musics are on .wav format

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wav files (like most audio/video formats) can use multiple different types of encoding. RA2 uses several different types of encoding for music, sound effects & EVA voices. Most programs that can play or edit audio will show you what encoding the file is using, it is often hidden is a sub-menu somewhere tho. For RA2 music the wav files need to be encoded to AMA ADPCM 44100 Hz.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you my new musics are working now!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon