Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tutorial Requests!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [216 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. You could replace the SHP files as used by Nod power plant which is
NAPOWR and put those in a ecache mix file for the game to use. In art.ini,
search [NAPOWR]. Replacements - NAPOWR, NPWRICON, NAPOWRMK
and NAPOWR_A with NAPOWR_AD frames. You should have the files for
both temperate and snow theaters, which will be like ntpowr.shp and
napowr.shp.

Other method is you could name your files differently say NAPOWR2,
make entry in art.ini for [NAPOWR2] and use Image=NAPOWR2 in rules
or art INI for [NAPOWR]. Animations would need their own sections and
entry in [Animations] in rules.

2. If you look at [GACNST] in art.ini, set of ActiveAnims are used for normal
animation. And ProductionAnims are used when building something.
Smoke is defined in rules.ini for [GACNST] with DamageParticleSystems
and DamageSmokeOffset. There are different type of animations depending
on the type of building also, look at art.ini.

3. If the turret is voxel look at [NALASR] for Turret related entries. If the
turret is SHP, look at [NASAM]. If SHP, it would need entry in [Animations]
in rules and its section in art.ini like NASAM_A.

4. Look at GAWALL, NAWALL or GASAND entries in rules and art. GDI walls
have special case of building defenses on top of walltowers.

You can learn from looking into rules and art INI files for such questions.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most modding time would be copy and paste #Tongue

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone have any good tutorials to make AI to build taskforces to attack your base over a amount of time and then replace those destroyed units without spamming say Light Infantry like crazy?

The way I used to do it in C&C95 and Red Alert 1 doesn't work the same way. As the enemy would only build the units it needs rather keep building them like its doing in FinalSun/TS.

I have studied some of the TS Campaign maps and can't find what they use to Trigger the teamtypes to attack.

Thanks.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TeamTypes have its associated script. When a team is created, it will execute its script. For attacking enemy, in SP maps, Make Enemy map action should be executed so that the house gets an enemy. In skirmish, enemy is decided on AIHateDelays or any skirmish already happens or any superweapon gets ready etc.

When teams are created with map actions like create team or reinforcements, it will create those teams irrespective of the Max count given in its teamtype. If you have made a Tag to repeat with its associated Event like elapsed time etc., those teams will be created repeatedly. To not create teams repeatedly, you should set the Tag to 0 OR One Time instead of 2 OR Repeat.

When AITriggers are enabled and teams are created through it, it will obey the Max count. If you have given Max=1 and when that earlier team gets destroyed, its Max count decreases and if that AITrigger gets triggered again, the same team will be produced. If the earlier team is not destroyed, the max count is respected and another team won't be produced.

A.Productions
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Recording Tiberian Sun in Windows 10 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How am I able to record Tib Sun without a black screen? I don't know what else to do. I haven't found anywhere that helps me fix this. I'm wanting to know so that I can show off the current progress on my mod, Tiberium Extinction. Could anyone shed some light on this?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

which of these do you tried?
https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-screen-recorder

A.Productions wrote:
How am I able to record Tib Sun without a black screen?

What do you mean with this?
-the game shows a black screen when also recording? (so both game and recording are black)
-the game is ok, but the recoding is black? (this might be caused by your used renderer for the game, which the recording software can't capture or the recording software is wrong configured and capturing something else)
Are you recording the game in windowed mode or fullscreen?

A modder (Charlyko) for DTA on cncnet Discord is using gyazo to record gifs of the game. Maybe try that.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

A.Productions
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Adding new tilesets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have tired to add new tilesets for Final Sun and it doesn't appear in the editor. The set has been added in temperat.ini. What do I do?

A.Productions
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
which of these do you tried?
https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-screen-recorder

A.Productions wrote:
How am I able to record Tib Sun without a black screen?

What do you mean with this?
-the game shows a black screen when also recording? (so both game and recording are black)
-the game is ok, but the recoding is black? (this might be caused by your used renderer for the game, which the recording software can't capture or the recording software is wrong configured and capturing something else)
Are you recording the game in windowed mode or fullscreen?

A modder (Charlyko) for DTA on cncnet Discord is using gyazo to record gifs of the game. Maybe try that.

The problem no longer persists. I don't know what I did but I can now record it.

A.Productions
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Making New Theatres in FinalSun Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wanting to add new Theatres into FinalSun instead of the only two theatres available (Temperate and Snow). Anyone had any experience on doing so?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

impossible
changing the editor doesn't change the game and the game understands only 2 theaters

Public SHPs

Tools

A.Productions
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Can you create new particle systems Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you make a tutorial about creating new particle systems. I want to create completely new weapons so that I am not using the same particle systems over and over again.

hamed-elite
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello guys , i have a question about a problem i face while adding a units , in game it's normally visible but while that walker is moving it's seems to move to another direction and turn back to the ordered direction instalty , i figured that when i slowed game down , and there's exaplanation for problem :

the SHP file explains how avatar walks in 15 frame , it starts walking from frame 9
so , like it should be right i set these values for the following
StartWalkingFrames=9
WalkingFrames=15
the glitch is , when the avatar is moving to straight direction , it instatly turns to other direction and turn back in same time . i hope you know something about this

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHP Builder starts counting from 1 which is wrong as the game is 0 based.
Use XCC Mixer or Image Shaper to see the correct frame number or subtract the number you see in SHP Builder by 1.

Public SHPs

Tools

hamed-elite
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
SHP Builder starts counting from 1 which is wrong as the game is 0 based.
Use XCC Mixer or Image Shaper to see the correct frame number or subtract the number you see in SHP Builder by 1.

i've set start standing frames 0 not 1 , and he is standing good , the problem is , when the mech walks to any direction , it change it facing while moving then instatly continue the ordered direction. Also , when it fires to NW , it turns into purple shadow .

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, because it's StartWalkFrame=8, not 9 as you have it
0-7 are standing
8 is the first walking frame

If you have it set Turret=yes, then it's another issue, since turreted SHPs are hardcoded to first read the WalkFrames followed directly by the 32 turret frames.
Only after that you're free to add other stuff like StandingFrames and FiringFrames etc

Public SHPs

Tools

hamed-elite
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks very much . i understand your meaning , they don't call you LKO for nothing . Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [216 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon