Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:49 am
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Generals 2 Alpha tools
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:  C&C Generals 2 Alpha tools Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some extracting/importing tools for cancelled C&C Generals 2 Alpha

Tutorial from Dainius G

CNCGenerals2tools.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.26 KB
 Viewed:  16935 Time(s)

CNCGenerals2tools.jpg

CNCGenerals2tools.zip
 Description:
Some extracting/importing tools for cancelled C&C Generals 2 Alpha

Download
 Filename:  CNCGenerals2tools.zip
 Filesize:  1023.06 KB
 Downloaded:  356 Time(s)

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can I find alpha verion files.

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BySc wrote:
How can I find alpha verion files.

Google it)

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks interesting

Jack the Ripper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't find the game via google. Most of them are mod or spam

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm sorry, but releasing content of this game is not allowed by ea. so the only chance to get it is to obtain game from some pirate site

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm... last I checked, modding falls into that category, but I could be wrong.

Doesn't explain why EA had prohibited someone from making a free Renegade mod that brought RA2 into 3D, when they already had allowed W3D Hub and Renegade X.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seams a bit hypocritical that you make a tool for ripping files but then say it's not allowed to have said files.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but it's befitting to a place which regularly suspends veteran knowledged people instead of community leeches or noise-generators.

Hypocrisy have always defined this place.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Jack the Ripper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You need a password for this file, you can download the password from here:

http://filesify.com/kYPEqu

or

http://filesify.com/QizFCq

We decided to limit the downloads for this file, so only those who will follow the next steps will have acces to it, that's why we're asking to complete a short survey before you can download the password.
After you complete the survey the download will automatically begin.
Thank you for your support!

I download a encrypted rar with this readme.
Do anyone find this familiar?
I can't download the password via completing the surveys and someone just called me regarding my diabetes

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anything that asks you to do stupid surveys is hoax. The .rar file is probably a fake too.

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Seams a bit hypocritical that you make a tool for ripping files but then say it's not allowed to have said files.

No, i'm really sorry if this seems like that to you, but this content files was from NDA-enabled closed alpha version of game, so rules of modding does not befall over them. I just dont want this forum owners or myself have some legal trouble with EA.

PM me, may be i can help you somehow.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Katz wrote:
Mig Eater wrote:

No, i'm really sorry if this seems like that to you, but this content files was from NDA-enabled closed alpha version of game, so rules of modding does not befall over them. I just dont want this forum owners or myself have some legal trouble with EA.

What legal trouble? I thought EA couldn't care less about C&C, much less its mods or assets.
The only reason B-Lizard cares about that is because the only reason they got on equal terms with WW back then was ShitCraft.
(I tried out both I and II. The controls I can get around, but not the ****ing pop-cap and 8 units per Ctrl-team. And don't get me started how bad the cutscenes were in I, like in a loop that just ends at one point abruptly, actually frame-jumping. And the 'new' CGI for II was just plain ugly with 'realism')

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Katz wrote:

No, i'm really sorry if this seems like that to you, but this content files was from NDA-enabled closed alpha version of game,

https://forums.cncnz.com/topic/18314-command-conquer-nda-lifted/

Rolling Eyes

TAK02 wrote:

The only reason B-Lizard cares about that is because the only reason they got on equal terms with WW back then was ShitCraft.

The ztype are you talking about?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Katz wrote:
then why they hunted down each one shared archive with gen2 files?

When did they do that?

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You two are mixing NDA with something else, this isn't related to the NDA.
After canning it there was a sticky in the now gone CNC forums that EA will take legal action against anyone sharing the game files or extracting anything from them.

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
You two are mixing NDA with something else, this isn't related to the NDA.
After canning it there was a sticky in the now gone CNC forums that EA will take legal action against anyone sharing the game files or extracting anything from them.

If you're referring to a post made by CNC_Tethis (a.k.a. CNCGEEK101), note that, one, he was never an EA representative, and two, his word wasn't worth two shits.

One Winged Angel
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

Doesn't explain why EA had prohibited someone from making a free Renegade mod that brought RA2 into 3D, when they already had allowed W3D Hub and Renegade X.

I have an answer for this. W3D Hub's games are mods of C&C Renegade Engine, which is an EA engine. This puts it in the same boat as all of the other C&C mods here at PPM and on other sites in terms of what EA will allow.
Because the mod that was being made (that RA2 one) was based on Renegade X (which uses the UDK), it was handed a C&D as soon as that team asked for permission. EA are basically not keen on fan projects using EA IPs on non-EA tech.

Renegade X is a different situation entirely. Because the quality bar was set so high with that project, the Totem Arts team received special permission from EA to develop it. Hope this explains things. Smile

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How high EA's quality bar is: FIFA and Sims Very Happy

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One Winged Angel wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

I have an answer for this. W3D Hub's games are mods of C&C Renegade Engine, which is an EA engine. This puts it in the same boat as all of the other C&C mods here at PPM and on other sites in terms of what EA will allow.
Because the mod that was being made (that RA2 one) was based on Renegade X (which uses the UDK), it was handed a C&D as soon as that team asked for permission. EA are basically not keen on fan projects using EA IPs on non-EA tech.

Renegade X is a different situation entirely. Because the quality bar was set so high with that project, the Totem Arts team received special permission from EA to develop it. Hope this explains things. Smile

The guy wasn't even C&D'd, ffs. All he did was do the idiotic move of asking EA's legal team (an oblivious bunch) whether he can use RA2 assets (of which he'd realistically only use a few logos and maybe a UI design). The legal guys, moronic as they are, either misunderstood him, or he worded his thoughts poorly, so they simply didn't allow him to use the assets he asked for. There was no C&D involved at all.

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone can send download link for generals 2, still I cant findlink.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'am getting this error when I try to dump G2 files.
Code:

runfile('D:/Osman/CnC RA2/Generals 2 Alpha/CNCGenerals2tools/Python/Command & Conquer 2013 Alpha + August Patch/dumper.py', wdir='D:/Osman/CnC RA2/Generals 2 Alpha/CNCGenerals2tools/Python/Command & Conquer 2013 Alpha + August Patch')
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Osman\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\IPython\core\interactiveshell.py", line 2862, in run_code
    exec(code_obj, self.user_global_ns, self.user_ns)

File "<ipython-input-27-2fc61a4899d7>", line 1, in <module>
    runfile('D:/Osman/CnC RA2/Generals 2 Alpha/CNCGenerals2tools/Python/Command & Conquer 2013 Alpha + August Patch/dumper.py', wdir='D:/Osman/CnC RA2/Generals 2 Alpha/CNCGenerals2tools/Python/Command & Conquer 2013 Alpha + August Patch')

File "C:\Users\Osman\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\utils\site\sitecustomize.py", line 710, in runfile
    execfile(filename, namespace)

File "C:\Users\Osman\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\utils\site\sitecustomize.py", line 101, in execfile
    exec(compile(f.read(), filename, 'exec'), namespace)

File "D:/Osman/CnC RA2/Generals 2 Alpha/CNCGenerals2tools/Python/Command & Conquer 2013 Alpha + August Patch/dumper.py", line 344
    print outPath
                ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(int outPath)?

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My setting looks like this.

Code:
catName=r"D:\Osman\CnC RA2\Generals 2 Alpha\Generals2 F2P\Data\cas.cat" #use "" or r"" if you have no cat; doing so will make the script ignore patchedCatName
patchedCatName=r"D:\Osman\CnC RA2\Generals 2 Alpha\Generals2 F2P\Data\cas.cat" #used only when tocRoot contains "Update"

tocRoot=r"D:\Osman\CnC RA2\Generals 2 Alpha\Generals2 F2P\Data\Win32"
##tocRoot=r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\Data\Win32"

outputfolder="D:/hexing/C&C generals 2 dump"

braien

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you please make written tutorial?
The video alone don't show everything

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The better reason to forget about finding the alpha files is that the game was trash. Modding it won’t fix that!

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay2K wrote:
The better reason to forget about finding the alpha files is that the game was trash. Modding it won’t fix that!

Many will disagree with you on that.
It's said it would have brought C&C back after the fiasco of the-game-that-must-not-be-mentioned, but failed because Evil Ego-FArtholes

Jack the Ripper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are not allowed to mod a unreleased game, or you're shot down by them. Existing cncg2 mod makes their own models different enough from the EA's.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jack the Ripper wrote:
You are not allowed to mod a unreleased game
LULZ!
You are aware that one's not even possible, right?

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
DeathRay2K wrote:

Many will disagree with you on that.
It's said it would have brought C&C back after the fiasco of the-game-that-must-not-be-mentioned, but failed because Evil Ego-FArtholes

Said by who? I was in the alpha and the game really had nothing going for it. There was very little positive said about it in the alpha forums too. Honestly, it was cancelled for good reason - the design decisions it was based around were not workable.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was just way too early go public with IMO. Though the DLC/addon stuff that was already planned spelled doom for it for me anyway, even if what they had in at that point was alright.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum