Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The next Ares
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 5 [223 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject:  The next Ares Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Currently I don't know how to proceed. I added a few minor features and fixes and changed a few things. There's a new unstable binary, which uses a newer version of the compiler, and it's currently called alex20.

There are some new features which would break savegames, that is, savegames from Ares 1.0 wouldn't work with them. On the other hand, there are also fixes that wouldn't break savegames. I plan to call the next version Ares 2.0, because it is a breaking change, but this leaves the door open for a hypothetical Ares 1.1, which would support savegames from 1.0.

Minor additions

• Experimental support for taunts for more than 16 countries. Please check whether taunts in network games still work at all.
  • Fixed TeamRetaliate code not having been translated from TS correctly
  • Do not try to team-retaliate against allies that might accidentally hurt a team member
  • Require hunter seeker targets to be in the visible parts of the map
  • Fix for units staying phased out when being chronoshifted onto rubble
  • Extended NoManualUnload to work with aircraft
  • Now production cameos correctly show for observers
  • AI picks power plants respecting the prerequisites of the structure (fix by FS-21)
  • Extended Specific Passengers to work on buildings
  • Fixed a nasty stale pointer crash in the game usually triggered by aircraft (bugs 1461990, 1744567, 1745277, and potentially maybe more from the last few years)
  • Internal optimizations too risky to do in the last RC phase
  • When a Carryall releases its cargo, the unit will go into guard mission and try to rejoin its previous team
  • If aircraft cargo can't be unloaded, put it back into the aircraft and abort the mission (could cause invisible MCV exploit)

AISafeDistance split for Enemy and Friendly Bases
[General]AIFriendlyDistance= (integer - cells, defaults to AISafeDistance)
The distance used for gathering a team at a friendly base.

Abductor.MaxHealth to not abduct depending on target's absolute health
[Weapon]Abductor_MaxHealth= (integer - hitpoints, defaults to 0)
The amount of hitpoints above which it cannot be abducted any longer. If 0, health is not checked.

Added process affinity command line parameter
"-AFFINITY:N" controls which processors the game shall run on. It's a mask passed directly to SetProcessAffinityMask(). If 0, SetProcessAffinityMask() is not called. This allows to disable Ares force-setting the game to run on the first processor only. If not set, only the first processor (1) is used. For example, to use the first three CPUs, use 7 (1 + 2 + 4).

FactoryOwner fix
* Fixed a regression introduced in 58891e1bb7a
The code did not check whether there existed at least one plan that wasn't forbidden, but whether there was at least one forbidden plan the house gathered.

This was my fault. A change I made when updating the code years ago. If this fixes the issue some had with FactoryOwners and then blamed it on the original coder GraionDilach, I'm truly sorry. Sad

Added Iron Curtain Targeting Mode for Super Weapons
The new value is named "IronCurtain", and it will make the SW not fire automatically at all, and be used by team scripts only. The team scripts have been changed to look for this targeting mode instead of Type=IronCurtain.

SW.AITargetingMode's default has been changed to this for Type=IronCurtain and Type=Protect super weapons.

Additionally, instead of only ever checking the first IC super weapon it finds, the best one is looked for, that is ready or at least almost charged. This means the AI will now try to protect the team with any Iron Curtain.

Last edited by AlexB on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Extended NoManualUnload to work with aircraft

As in flying vehicles?

ayylmao on Discord

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hunter seeker - In TS, it still can take out targets out of the visible map area. That is helpful when not playing short game and there could be units like aircrafts with low ROT which fails to enter the map and settles down outside and hunter seekers were the only way to end the game by taking out such targets.

AISafeDistance - Did you consider using the 2nd parameter of its script to add or deduct cells? That way AI could have made circles of perimeter defense.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have regrowing shroud in my mod, so the change to the hunter seeker makes it practically useless :/ I'd suggest adding a tag to enable or disable this new targeting system so modders can decide for themselves.  

I also support the additions of using the 2nd parameter of script 53/54 to add or subtract cells. I have a lot of teams that use those scripts & they can often get stuck when several try to regroup at the same time & they're not able to all reach the reach the gather point because of the traffic. Being able to add or subtract a few cells for each team would give them all enough space to finish gathering though.

Aircraft can now use NoManualUnload but can they use OpenTopped?

Iron Curtain targeting should be useful, I'll test it out with AttachEffect unit buffs.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: The next Ares Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

The new value is named "IronCurtain", and it will make the SW not fire automatically at all, and be used by team scripts only. The team scripts have been changed to look for this targeting mode instead of Type=IronCurtain.

SW.AITargetingMode's default has been changed to this for Type=IronCurtain and Type=Protect super weapons.

Additionally, instead of only ever checking the first IC super weapon it finds, the best one is looked for, that is ready or at least almost charged. This means the AI will now try to protect the team with any Iron Curtain.

Thank you so much AlexB! I'm now really excited for this release!

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think by 'visible' he meant what's actually in the player view size, not under shroud. From what I remember, H-S might have previously attempted to target objects which were out of the map's boundaries, but I could be wrong on this one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Artraiden
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some SW needs targeting for attack/defend units/infantry,not standart units/infantry... P.S. it's posible create fully working 4 tiberium types (ore,gems,blue & green tiberium)?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made a quick map to test if the HunterSeeker can target out of the map with a growing shroud, but as usual I can't seem to code a HunterSeeker correctly. I'll attach it to save you at least the trouble of making the map if someone wants to try testing it.

hunterseekertest.yrm
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  hunterseekertest.yrm
 Filesize:  47.42 KB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

Agree with Mig with this. You can add "Paradrop Weapons" to jumpjet vehicles?

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Experimental support for taunts for more than 16 countries. Please check whether taunts in network games still work at all.
Fixed TeamRetaliate code not having been translated from TS correctly
Do not try to team-retaliate against allies that might accidentally hurt a team member
Require hunter seeker targets to be in the visible parts of the map
Fix for units staying phased out when being chronoshifted onto rubble
Now production cameos correctly show for observers
AI picks power plants respecting the prerequisites of the structure (fix by FS-21)
Extended Specific Passengers to work on buildings
Fixed a nasty stale pointer crash in the game usually triggered by aircraft (bugs 1461990, 1744567, 1745277, and potentially maybe more from the last few years)
Internal optimizations too risky to do in the last RC phase
When a Carryall releases its cargo, the unit will go into guard mission and try to rejoin its previous team
If aircraft cargo can't be unloaded, put it back into the aircraft and abort the mission (could cause invisible MCV exploit)

Good Job, I will surely test these.

If you are looking for a feature suggestion,

I would suggest expanding Radar Jammers to work on allied radar - as it states in the documentation that it will not work on allied radar.

Deployer Weapon spawns technition if weapon is  suicide=yes Smile Smile Smile if weapon is suicide=yes and deployer weapon spawns technition - deployer WH delay Smile Ultimate mad tank.

Cloak support for BalloonHover=Yes

WontDockAtFactory = for training aircraft from the airbase without using pads. :O this is possibly, impossible.

Currently on spawner vxls the shadow on the attached XXXXWO is never used. The original unit shadow is used. This presents a problem - as when giving the regular vxl a dummy section to fix the shadow - the spawner unit only reads the first voxel section, and never the following. It will recognize multiple sections, but will only stack one. Meaning spawner units with WO cannot be made up of voxels with multiple sections.

just a small issue in trying to get two shadows on a vxl with a xxxWO

Ideally, as the amphibious image may change a vxl, including shadow - perhaps this is possible with units reading shadow from their attached xxxxxWO.vxl

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XxpeddyxX wrote:
As in flying vehicles?

No, as in AircraftTypes.

E1 Elite wrote:
Hunter seeker - In TS, it still can take out targets out of the visible map area. That is helpful when not playing short game and there could be units like aircrafts with low ROT which fails to enter the map and settles down outside and hunter seekers were the only way to end the game by taking out such targets.

The change wasn't intended to fix such bugs.

E1 Elite wrote:
AISafeDistance - Did you consider using the 2nd parameter of its script to add or deduct cells? That way AI could have made circles of perimeter defense.

Yeah, I did. The team script changes were more complex, but I removed all that again, because I still need to think about what would be useful and what else has been requested. I had no time for that yet.

Mig Eater wrote:
I have regrowing shroud in my mod, so the change to the hunter seeker makes it practically useless :/ I'd suggest adding a tag to enable or disable this new targeting system so modders can decide for themselves.

As Speeder remarked, it's indeed the Visible Map as set by the map or by map actions, not the shroud. That would be useless. Also, it's relative to the player and would desych immediately.

The fix is for hunter seekers destroying objects that are either not "relevant"/"known" yet, or mere implementation details of the maps: power plants outside of map bounds and so on.

Mig Eater wrote:
I also support the additions of using the 2nd parameter of script 53/54 to add or subtract cells. I have a lot of teams that use those scripts & they can often get stuck when several try to regroup at the same time & they're not able to all reach the reach the gather point because of the traffic. Being able to add or subtract a few cells for each team would give them all enough space to finish gathering though.

That could be added quickly. Question is: is this parameter 0 for all* (*within limits) existing maps?

Mig Eater wrote:

Nope, AircraftTypes don't support OpenTopped.

Artraiden wrote:
some SW needs targeting for attack/defend units/infantry,not standart units/infantry... P.S. it's posible create fully working 4 tiberium types (ore,gems,blue & green tiberium)?

Currently it's only possible to use the "Iron Curtain" option. It won't check for required target and such things. It would need new options to define whether an SW is to defend against something, or to support attacks.

4 Tiberiums are barely possible. The number of overlays are restricted to 255. Also, harvesters and countries cannot store more than 4 types anyhow, so expanding one of those isn't useful, while both of those are very complex.

4StarGeneral wrote:
I made a quick map to test if the HunterSeeker can target out of the map with a growing shroud, but as usual I can't seem to code a HunterSeeker correctly. I'll attach it to save you at least the trouble of making the map if someone wants to try testing it.

Thank you!

Augusto wrote:
Agree with Mig with this. You can add "Paradrop Weapons" to jumpjet vehicles?

Might be possible, but without all the special behavior aircraft has for this.

AnimalMan wrote:
I would suggest expanding Radar Jammers to work on allied radar - as it states in the documentation that it will not work on allied radar.

It's not allied as in allies and soviets, but allies as in your friends. Why would you turn off your or your team mate's radar?

AnimalMan wrote:
Deployer Weapon spawns technition if weapon is  suicide=yes Smile Smile Smile if weapon is suicide=yes and deployer weapon spawns technition - deployer WH delay Smile Ultimate mad tank.

I don't know... is that generally useful? I mean... it wasn't really useful in The Aftermath.

AnimalMan wrote:
Cloak support for BalloonHover=Yes

Can't say without doing some research first.

AnimalMan wrote:
WontDockAtFactory = for training aircraft from the airbase without using pads. :O this is possibly, impossible.

I'm also not sure. I would like to add a feature that solves the problem, not add hacks to work around the shortcoming of the engine. Maybe there are better ways to do this.

AnimalMan wrote:
Currently on spawner vxls the shadow on the attached XXXXWO is never used. The original unit shadow is used. This presents a problem - as when giving the regular vxl a dummy section to fix the shadow - the spawner unit only reads the first voxel section, and never the following. It will recognize multiple sections, but will only stack one. Meaning spawner units with WO cannot be made up of voxels with multiple sections.

I'd like to replace water image completely. That is, supporting turreted units, fixing the shadow and other display problems it has.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, I'd be fine with official releases only being compatible with saves from that particular release, much like it causes an IE if you load a save after you change some stuff in the Rulesmd.ini

Or at least "not supported" anyway, if stuff happens to still work, yay, but don't break your back to make it fully backward compatible IMO.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I don't know... is that generally useful? I mean... it wasn't really useful in The Aftermath.

Well, if you were to combine the mad tank relative damage, as in aftermath - with the technition (or any inf) -- mad tank  could apply the high relative damage that may also damage friendlies, while ejecting a low attack inf, where with a bit of tactical usage - is capable of finishing the job.

It also portrays the aesthetic effect that -  the driver does not want to die.

Think, One may argue that freed slaves are also useless, yet without freeing slaves, surely they would be missed.

I dont know, i am just here to give you ideas.
Quote:

I'd like to replace water image completely. That is, supporting turreted units, fixing the shadow and other display problems it has.

I would say this is a major feature ^^^^^^ a major feature indeed. When voxel xxxxWO.vxl is displayed - it should use its own shadow

I will throw out there that - most major release games may release updates and bugfixes that will totally obliterate old savegames. So losing a save is not out of the ordinary when new features and mechanics are added. It is actually out of the ordinary for things to be backward compatible especially with large updates

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do like the detail, that a technician leaves the vehicle, unlike the demo truck. (Though, the driver would have to get out a few kilometers before reaching destination there, granted.)

If proper water image doesn't need new tags, it would be savegame-compatible to previous versions. Only if new data is added (or removed or reordered), savegames get incompatible.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
If proper water image doesn't need new tags, it would be savegame-compatible to previous versions. Only if new data is added (or removed or reordered), savegames get incompatible.

The xxxxWO is "WithOut" the spawning object nothing to do with water Smile

Someone mentioned the shadow using the primary art, I don't see this as a big deal unless you have a massive spawning object that sticks out well beyond the base object, the circumstances of that are minimal at best. I had an aircraft carrier with planes on deck with an alternate without image, but as it was above the body, there was zero shadow difference.

I also have a missile launcher with WO art to show the missile (which isn't spawned) has left, but since it is a separate section there's no shadow for it anyway.

I imagine the worst case for the shadow would be the osprey already, overhanging the sides quite a bit, and I see this only being a problem is someone goes full OCD.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the clarification about the HS.

If you cant use OpenTopped on aircraft what are the benefits of NoManualUnload on aircraft?

I theory you can already make a MAD tank spawn a technician before detonation by using PreImpactAnim & MakeInfantry.

BTW AnimalMan is specifically asking about the WO shadow because he recently made an aircraft carrier that was mostly transparent with a large plane on top.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
If you cant use OpenTopped on aircraft what are the benefits of NoManualUnload on aircraft?

A buildable paradrop plane. Without NoManualUnload, it can be ordered to unload on a pad, and by doing so, all passengers perish
In fact opentopped works, passengers can fire out inside aircrafttype.
Aircrafttype paradrops all its passengers instead of firing its weapon when is ordered to attack would make opentopped useless, but that's another logic.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MO MADMAN can spawn a technician, so it's definitely doable already.

A potential AffectsOwner flag came up some months ago in a PP-related discussion which would be relatively simple and useable though - defaulting back to AffectsAllies if unset.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah allowing a distinction between allies and owner on warheads would be useful.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Question is: is this parameter 0 for all* (*within limits) existing maps?

AISafeDistance - All vanilla maps and AIMD.ini are using only 0 as 2nd
parameter for both 53 and 54 scripts (53,0 and 54,0 only).

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I do like the detail, that a technician leaves the vehicle, unlike the demo truck. (Though, the driver would have to get out a few kilometers before reaching destination there, granted.

Yes Smile He should delay detonation by some frames, giving him time to escape. Yet, the MAD Tank in Ra1 didn't damage infantry - so he is safe in that respect with or without warhead delay.

Quote:
The xxxxWO is "WithOut" the spawning object nothing to do with water  

Someone mentioned the shadow using the primary art, I don't see this as a big deal unless you have a massive spawning object that sticks out well beyond the base object, the circumstances of that are minimal at best. I had an aircraft carrier with planes on deck with an alternate without image, but as it was above the body, there was zero shadow difference.

I also have a missile launcher with WO art to show the missile (which isn't spawned) has left, but since it is a separate section there's no shadow for it anyway.

I imagine the worst case for the shadow would be the osprey already, overhanging the sides quite a bit, and I see this only being a problem is someone goes full OCD.

see attached

Quote:

Initial Payload

EkranoplanSeabay.png
 Description:
This type of aircraft cannot have a shadow because of the xxxxxWO shadow not being read. :) If he had a shadow when the plane takes off - it would not change. I suggested that as water image correctly displays shadow of the alternate image - this could2
 Filesize:  387.4 KB
 Viewed:  18456 Time(s)

EkranoplanSeabay.png

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alot of these are AI tags, which is not my forte, but the ones I can test are working:

-AFFINITY:N sets processor affinities correctly (for at least 2 cores, all I got) 1 sets first, 2 sets second, 3 sets first and second.

-Units are properly chronoing to rubble and not being stuck in limbo.

-NoManualUnload does work on aircraft.

@Mig Eater OpenTopped does properly, but the aircraft must have no ammo. Also, if the passengers are still firing out while it's landing on an airpad, they will still fire from the aircraft's FlightLevel. (also FlightLevel=200 on an ORCA confuses the hell out of it.)

Will keep testing.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI power plants -
Seems that the bug related to enabling NodAdvancedPower is now
fixed. Sov AI now builds basic power plants when in shortage instead of
building nuclear reactors straightaway during early base building.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
(also FlightLevel=200 on an ORCA confuses the hell out of it.)

Flight Level 200 also makes the aircraft non-targetable to flak and gattling. ((((NOT PATRIOTS THO)))) Flight Level 250 fixes this, but I am sure the limit is lower, I will try 201 later. or 210, 220 etc.

interestingly, speed 1 on spawner units causes them to freeze when spawner lands --- quite often you can see this with movement speed 1.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great Work!
I have some suggestion about improvement of existing logic.
1.airburst and split
-make airburst support Cluster tag.
-make splits support AirburstSpread tag.
-make split weapon following rules of its projectile and warheads targeting. Currently split weapon ignores AG,AA of projectile and often target allied unit(AffectsAllies=no only prevent damage not targeting)
-make AirburstWeapon and SharpnelWeapon support firepower modifier from attacheffect and veteran bonus

2.opentopped and initial payload
-They are great logic, except when meeting with mind control, many issue will arise...
-Driver killer also kills all passengers inside including initial ones. Engineer recapturing won't get passengers back.
-PoweredUnit logic doesn't work on passenger. Unpowered passengers can still fire inside an opentopped unit.
-Make Academy support initial payloads.

3.aircraft spawner weapon
Aircraft spawner weapon like HornetLauncher has some special logic. Once it fired, it won't stop spawning until target destroyed or out of range. It's always OnmiFire=yes, OpportunityFire=yes and FireOnce=no. How about make these tags work on this kind of weapon?

4.unit delivery and aircraft
Is it possible to make unit delivery SW support a SpawnHeight tag which make flying unit spawned in the air?

5.vehicle survivor
Vehicle passengers seem to have more trouble to survive when container destroyed.
Even with 100% survive rate, they may always died because of insufficient space. Is it possilbe to improve survivor spawning logic and make it more stable? How about using the same logic as unit-delivery?
There is another issue that vehicle survivor may be spawned half cell away from correct cell and keep that offset as like an extra VXL offset.

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

Might be possible, but without all the special behavior aircraft has for this.

I was referring to create jumpjet vehicles capable to drop from air tihs passengers... Or "Expulse Weapons" with inverse logic to "Abduct Weapons". "Expulse Weapons" able transport vehicles to deploy passengers into weapon target...

PePsiCola
Cyborg Specialist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Ares Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
[*]Fixed TeamRetaliate code not having been translated from TS correctly
[*]Do not try to team-retaliate against allies that might accidentally hurt a team member

Ah yes reading these ones made my day. Tested and works as intended, thanks!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I split the posts regarding unit to unit transformation to stop this topic getting to cluttered. If you have any ideas or suggestions for Ares then post them in Ideas & suggestions or start a new topic.

This topic should be primarily be questions about the new features Alex has added & posting the results of teasing them.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Ares Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Mig.

AlexB wrote:
Abductor.MaxHealth to not abduct depending on target's absolute health
[Weapon]Abductor_MaxHealth= (integer - hitpoints, defaults to 0)
The amount of hitpoints above which it cannot be abducted any longer. If 0, health is not checked.

Added process affinity command line parameter
"-AFFINITY:N" controls which processors the game shall run on. It's a mask passed directly to SetProcessAffinityMask(). If 0, SetProcessAffinityMask() is not called. This allows to disable Ares force-setting the game to run on the first processor only. If not set, only the first processor (1) is used. For example, to use the first three CPUs, use 7 (1 + 2 + 4).

These are all working as intended. As tested, another GenericWarhead SuperWeapon with SW.AITargetingMode=IronCurtain instead of the regular Iron Curtain is used by the AI on the same team meant for the original Iron Curtain.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Request fixing DestroyAnim is not affected by ambient lighting (ignore UseNormalLight

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: The next Ares Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
As tested, another GenericWarhead SuperWeapon with SW.AITargetingMode=IronCurtain instead of the regular Iron Curtain is used by the AI on the same team meant for the original Iron Curtain.
This happened to me too. Because of that, I made a feature request that might solve this problem:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/ironcurtain-targeting-expansion

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: The next Ares Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
This happened to me too. Because of that, I made a feature request that might solve this problem
Solve this problem? That's literally the point of the feature that was just added. You don't have to use SW.AITargeting=IronCurtain if you just want the SW to target friendly vehicle groups.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HunterSeeker change works. Now HS doesn't consider anything
outside the inner map boundary as targets.

AISafeDistance/AIFriendlyDistance both work.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the reports! I yet have to look at them, as well as the feature requests.

Today, I don't have much to say, so here's another minor update with a few fixes.

Minor additions

• Fixed a crash when minimizing the game with radial indicators being visible
  • Fixed a crash with KillDriver if house Special doesn't exist. Abort instead.
  • SpecificPassengers should now actually work with buildings
  • Parameter for both gather script actions now define a cell range added to the safe/friendly distance

Split AffectsOwner from AffectsAllies
[Warhead]AffectsOwner= (boolean, defaults to AffectsAllies)
Whether this warhead can affect the same house that fired it. You can override AffectsAllies with this to make warheads that either affect enemies and the firer, but no allies, or warheads that affect allies and enemies, but not the firer.

Iron Curtain Groups for Team Script Actions
The previously unused parameter to the IronCurtain script action is now used to denote the group the Iron Curtain super weapon has to belong to before being considered. This allows to create groups like Iron Curtain and AE boost super weapons and different teams to rely on different super weapon groups.

[SuperWeapon]SW.Group= (integer, defaults to 0)
The group this super weapon belongs to.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As tested:

- No longer crashes when minimizing the game with radial indicators being visible.
- Without house Special the game crashes while loading the scenario before the players anyway...
- Specific Passengers now works with buildings.

- AffectsOwner=yes and AffectsAllies=no prevented damage to my allies but still allowed me to damage my own units and enemies.

Thanks Alex!
(note: am bad with AI so no testing there)

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AffectsOwners is perfect Very Happy

[Superweapon]
Type=GenericWarhead
SW.Group=69
Designator=FTNK,FLAMETROOPER

[ScriptType69]
0=xx
1=55,69 (55 being ironcurtain, 69 being group number)
2=xx

[TeamType]
Script=ScriptType69

Is that how it is meant to work? I just tried it and it seemed like it worked but I'm assuming only because the team had FTNKs in it because Designator is set as they started attacking before action 1 took place. The second time the AI used it was on flametroopers which were defending the base instead of following script. Overall it looked consistent and was only used on this team.. for the most part, most part being when the team was available.

Is this how it's meant to work or should I be using this with a trigger that specifies this team to only be built when the 'Iron Curtain' is nearly ready? Even though it's just an AE boost superweapon?

ayylmao on Discord

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AISafeDistance/AIFriendlyDistance both work with 0, +ve and -ve numbers
as parameters in the scripts of 53 and 54.

Thanks for this feature. This opens up a lot of possibilities for the AI like making
circles of perimeter defense, outposts when units go upto some distance and
deploys and hit and retreat at the enemy base etc..

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the production icons appearing for observers does not work in multiplayer as a real observer or as a dead player, however it does work in skirmish when starting as an observer using the client (which is kinda like being a dead player, you dont get the sidebar information).

Here's a pic of it working in skirmish. I wonder if there'd be a way to reposition the displayed stuff, so two things don't overlap? In this case so the cameo wouldn't overlap the power info.

And I know you didn't change anything with PCX handling, but here's an example of how it displays them. It doesn't use 255,0,255 for transparency like the sidebar does, nor does it use the first colour in the PCX palette, but it does use pure black.

paletteballs.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.08 KB
 Viewed:  17445 Time(s)

paletteballs.png

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far in my tests these features / fixes appear to work correctly:
- Radial indicator crash fix
- AffectsOwner
- AIFriendlyDistance / AISafeDistance split & script action 53/54 parameter (which apparently can be a negative value too).
- SW.AITargeting=IronCurtain and SW.Group for script action 55.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just had this happen 3 or 4 times in one game. Using a chronosphere clone caused a few of the teleported infantry to walk back towards their original position, in a straight line - even walking over cliffs and other impassible tiles to get there. While in motion they were unable to be controlled.

This was noted to rarely happen with tunnels, but seeing it occur so frequently with a chronosphere clone made it seem worth mentioning again.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the Chronosphere...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
I love the Chronosphere...

And I'm sure it loves you more.

I'm having an issue getting infantry to spawn in guard-mode with UnitDelivery. I have it delivered instantly, it spawns fine, acts normally, able to fire and move if I give it Speed=1+, just when it spawns it doesn't automatically hunt or anything. Not sure if this was intended and the documentation is wrong or how old of an issue this is (launchpad downloads are down for me atm, only have the bleeding edge version). Code in the spoiler below:
Spoiler (click here to read it):
Code:
[IONBDMY1]
UIName=Name:IONBDMY1
Name=Ion Cannon Initiator
Category=Soldier
Image=GI   ;FAKEINF
Primary=IonBeamMaker
Prerequisite=Barracks
CrushSound=InfantrySquish
Strength=90
Armor=IonDummyArmor
DefaultToGuardArea=yes ; the much awaited dog default to move and attack when resting
TechLevel=-1
Pip=white
Sight=5
AttackFriendlies=yes
DetectDisguise=yes
Speed=0
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry,British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
Cost=0
Soylent=0
Points=0
IsSelectableCombatant=no
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=200   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
ImmuneToRadiation=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Size=1
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
IFVMode=0
Trainable=no
Explodes=yes
DeathWeapon=IonCannonWeapon

[IonBeamMaker]
Damage=1
ROF=1500
Range=-2
;AreaFire=yes
;FireOnce=yes
Projectile=IonMakerP
ProjectileRange=1
Speed=100
Report=SeawolfAttack
Warhead=AP

[IonMakerP]
Image=DRAGON
;VeryHigh=yes
SubjectToCliffs=no
SubjectToElevation=yes
SubjectToWalls=no
Cluster=9
Airburst=yes
;AirburstSpread=3
AirburstWeapon=DummyInfMaker
ROT=10
Ranged=yes

[DummyInfMaker]
Damage=1
Range=9
Projectile=HeatSeeker
Speed=100
Warhead=DIMWH

[DIMWH]
CellSpread=.5
PercentAtMax=.5
InfDeath=5
Verses=5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%
AnimList=MAKEINFION
ProneDamage=50%

Also learned that Deliver.Owner=special makes the infantry uncrushable for some reason #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Also learned that Deliver.Owner=special makes the infantry uncrushable for some reason #Tongue

Special is allied to every player/side and vice versa. It would be like trying to crush your own infantry, which is not possible either.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally I found time to write this announcement post for a new binary I upload some days ago... I haven't looked yet into the issues like the potential problem with the Chronosphere.

Minor additions
  • Expanded FactoryOwners.HaveAllPlans to work with building upgrades
  • Properly support PCX cameos and Reveal Production SpyEffects

Global mission for AI units after EMP expires
[CombatDamage]EMPAIRecoverMission= (mission, defaults to Hunt)
The mission units controlled by the AI will go onto when an EMP effect expires.

Split GainVeterancy into three separate tags
This does not change the meaning of SpyEffect.UnitVeterancy in any way. It still bases the type of veterancy on the building's Factory= setting and thus couldn't grant both at the same time. The new SpyEffects can.

[BuildingType]SpyEffect.InfantryVeterancy= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether this building grants veteran infantry when spied. Requires SpyEffect.Custom=yes.

[BuildingType]SpyEffect.VehicleVeterancy= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether this building grants veteran vehicles when spied. Requires SpyEffect.Custom=yes.

Null SpyEffect
[BuildingType]SpyEffect.Nothing= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether this building does not grant any bonus when set. Requires SpyEffect.Custom=yes. Also requires that no other SpyEffect settings are enabled.

EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

[BuildingType]SpyEffect.VehicleVeterancy= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether this building grants veteran vehicles when spied. Requires SpyEffect.Custom=yes.

I'm probably not the first to ask this though, from a game logic perspective, what is not allowing the Veterancy obtained through Spy Logic to affect Aircraft and Naval Units?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not coded that way. The game remembers two factory types to be infiltrated, and wrongly gave naval units veteran cameos in the sidebar without making newly built naval units actually veteran. So, to support this, new code would have to be written.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work AlexB

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Global mission for AI units after EMP expires seems to work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There seems to be an issue with Bounties: if the victim is not killed by unit's weapon but is crushed by the unit instead (be it regular crush or omnicrush), the killer unit is granted 2x more money.

Last edited by Damfoos on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about by other means like C4, assaulter, MagneticBeam releases on cliff, etc

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 5 [223 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon