Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
How to build anywhere in the map like Tower Defense?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Yosef Anan
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:  How to build anywhere in the map like Tower Defense?
Subject description: Edit map to build anywhere
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's simple:
All you need to be able to replicate the first video is

Code:
[Urban]
Buildable=no

Then go for every building you want placed anywhere and set
Code:
Adjacency=255 ;what-ever value was originally used

Do note I'm not familiar if Adjecency has a max, and if it's safe to go beyond it.
I also have no idea how to get the squared firing-ranges the buildings have in the first video, as well as the side-bar and construction-hack.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first video isn't RA2, it a custom made tower defense game using RA2 gfx.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

How do you know?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Yosef Anan
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for you all guys

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Mig Eater wrote:

How do you know?

If you see the plane go by for one to drop paratroopers, that's impossible to have SHP aircraft, neither Ares nor the chinese one can do it; The window is called RA2, timer in the bottom right is a pointless edit if it was ra2 when timers in RA2 are better looking, etc.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
How do you know?

Because it said so in the video's description...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Yosef Anan
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
It's simple:
All you need to be able to replicate the first video is

Code:
[Urban]
Buildable=no

Then go for every building you want placed anywhere and set
Code:
Adjacency=255 ;what-ever value was originally used

Do note I'm not familiar if Adjecency has a max, and if it's safe to go beyond it.
I also have no idea how to get the squared firing-ranges the buildings have in the first video, as well as the side-bar and construction-hack.

Where to put this code?

"[Urban]
Buildable=no"

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Urban doesn't exist
add to your map
Code:
;pavement, roads etc
[Road]
Buildable=no

Provided that the terrain in RA2 is set correct on the tiles,
since WW made RA2 very dull and ignored using different SpeedTypes and Speeds on different terrains.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon