Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mono is broken.
Moderators: Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:  Mono is broken. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, I haven't been on YR or OpenRA until now in which I'm making a new campaign pack completely from scratch. But seeing as I'm here now, I thoguht I'd address a problem with my already corrupt(?) computer.

My mono... is broken.

Surprised  Embarassed  Confused  Shocked  Crying or Very sad  Mad  #Mad

I know, I know, You're all freaking out by this, but before you get too mad at me, let me explain: I've been wanting to try to use mono in a couple situations, such as building a developer copy of OpenRA, but then when I try to make the program itself, this happens:
Code:

steamsdev@latitude-e4310:~/build/OpenRA$ make
Mono is not installed. Please install mono from www.mono-project.com/download/ before building OpenRA
Makefile:249: recipe for target 'fixheader.exe' failed
make: *** [fixheader.exe] Error 1

But there's one problem: my mono is installed. Proof of that was also obtained from the terminal:

Code:

steamsdev@latitude-e4310:~$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 5.0.1.1 (2017-02/5077205 Thu May 25 09:19:18 UTC 2017)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
   TLS:           __thread
   SIGSEGV:       altstack
   Notifications: epoll
   Architecture:  amd64
   Disabled:      none
   Misc:          softdebug
   LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
   GC:            sgen (concurrent by default)

So, I don't know. I'd love your input on this.

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I changed the title of this topic so that it had less to do with YR. If one of the admins could move this to where it is fit, that would be much appreciated.

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I tend to do on new Linux installs is to install an OpenRA release first, allowing the package manager itself to set up the dependencies and only thenafter I start selfcompiling and setting up my dev environment. I'm doing this mainly because installing the right Lua version manually is a PITA, though.

Never seen issues with fixheader myself. Which version of OpenRA and Linux distribution is this?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
pchote
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I realize this thread is rather old now, but for future reference this will happen if you have the mono runtime installed but not the mono development tools.  Installing the mono-devel package (or the equivalent for your distro) should fix this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum