Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Buildable Paradrop Plane
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject:  Re: The next Ares Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

[*]Extended NoManualUnload to work with aircraft

Can you make the planes can carry infinite passengers? "NoManualUnload" tag + "Paradrop weapon + Initial Payload Num=-1 es the recipe for create a funtional parabomb plane...

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:

A buildable paradrop plane. Without NoManualUnload, it can be ordered to unload on a pad, and by doing so, all passengers perish

I same thing in the mind with "Buildable Paradrop Plane Theory" I tested it and works! But need more Ares support in three problems:

-NoManualUnload in aircraft works... But deploy cursor continues appear...

-PipScale dont appear...

-Passenger number is a major problem. "PayloadNum=-1" does not seem to work. A tag like "InfinitePayload=yes/no" are needed...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well going off of that, I tried it out and fun fact: While you can indeed have 32767 (limit as short signed int) instances of TANY as a passenger in an aircraft, the game will hate you and lag you out of existence.

That said, how are you getting a deploy cursor to appear? It won't for me, PipScales are working too (stretching out of the screen even for 32767), and as per my testing before, I don't think the game can handle "infinite" passengers.

EDIT: My code in an #include
Code:
[ORCA]
Passengers=32767
InitialPayload.Nums=32767   ;10,2,2,2,1,1,20
InitialPayload.Types=TANY   ;SREF,HOWI,HTNK,SEAL,TANY,BORIS,GTRP
OpenTopped=yes
Size=32767
SizeLimit=6
PipScale=Passengers
Ammo=0
NoManualUnload=yes
Survivor.RookiePassengerChance=0
Survivor.VeteranPassengerChance=0
Survivor.ElitePassengerChance=0

Even witha positive amount of ammo, this works.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Augusto wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:

A buildable paradrop plane. Without NoManualUnload, it can be ordered to unload on a pad, and by doing so, all passengers perish

I same thing in the mind with "Buildable Paradrop Plane Theory" I tested it and works! But need more Ares support in three problems:

-NoManualUnload in aircraft works... But deploy cursor continues appear...

-PipScale dont appear...

-Passenger number is a major problem. "PayloadNum=-1" does not seem to work. A tag like "InfinitePayload=yes/no" are needed...

Well, passengers are actual entities on the map, you can't have infinite number of them.

NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anything speak against going the route of passengers simply "refreshing" when depleted, in the same way as ammo or spawns do?

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NCoder wrote:
Does anything speak against going the route of passengers simply "refreshing" when depleted, in the same way as ammo or spawns do?

This is good solution too... A tag like "RefreshPayload=yes/no"

Other tag to create aircrafts like ZH Spectre Gunship are "CanParadrop=yes/no"

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:

Now try with PipScale=Passengers

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not just make a "bomber" that spawns infantry with MakeInfantry!? The only restriction is that you can only make it Paradrop one type of infantry per plane.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Augusto wrote:
4StarGeneral wrote:

Now try with PipScale=Passengers

4StarGeneral wrote:

EDIT: I would say use InitialPayload and multiple tanks that instantly get shot down when spawned, carrying their own IntialPayload of different infantry as survivors, but InitialPayload doesn't work with InitialPayload inside another. You could use Survivor.Pilots=, but those can't be changed per vehicle either (afaik anyway).

NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Why not just make a "bomber" that spawns infantry with MakeInfantry!? The only restriction is that you can only make it Paradrop one type of infantry per plane.

InfantryTypes spawned in mid-air by MakeInfantry will not paradrop, but instead idle at the altitude at which they were spawned, until ordered to move (or given any command that implies movement), which will cause them to instantly appear, and move, on the ground. Though, arguably, barring any undesireable implications, this could be addressed by a fix that is simpler than implementing the other suggestions given here.

Also, that aside, a technicality:
Using MakeInfantry for paradropping allows even greater deliberateness in selecting the type of infantry dropped than the paradrops-as-InitialPayload method would - even with Primary/Secondary, it is possible to have two different drops, depending on target. I wouldn't think this to have a lot of opportunity for application, but someone might come up with applicability for such a feature and it is certainly precluded by the InitialPayload method. Factoring InitialPayload/OpenTopped in, with each unit in the InitialPayload spawning a different kind of infantry as it fires, can be used to achieve the dropping of "mixed" groups of paratroopers in this method.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The infantry would by default spawn on the ground, you'd have to add extra code to make them spawn in the air...

Yes you could use Primary & Secondary to spawn different infantry. I would recommend only using a primary weapon activated via force fire in an open area tho. If you use a secondary weapon you'll have to "attack" a specific target, which may not always be available. There is also a good chance that the infantry wont be able to spawn too because the attacked target is already occupying that area.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
The infantry would by default spawn on the ground, you'd have to add extra code to make them spawn in the air...

What kind of weapon are you considering? If it is a weapon that fires projectiles that actually detonate on the ground, then, of course, infantry would spawn on the ground. Or were you thinking of a weapon with ProjectileRange=0?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any weapon, if you force fire/attack the ground then it will detonate on the ground...

I'd use Parachuted=yes & Dropping=yes tho (need Ares for these tags to work) to make it drop vertically with a parachute attached. You just need to make a projectile that looks like the infantry that will be spawned (copy their paradrop frame etc). Add the needed makeinfantry stuff to the warheads anim & ya done.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
EDIT: I would say use InitialPayload and multiple tanks that instantly get shot down when spawned, carrying their own IntialPayload of different infantry as survivors, but InitialPayload doesn't work with InitialPayload inside another. You could use Survivor.Pilots=, but those can't be changed per vehicle either (afaik anyway).

Survivor.SideX is your friend over there.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Any weapon, if you force fire/attack the ground then it will detonate on the ground...

I'd use Parachuted=yes & Dropping=yes tho (need Ares for these tags to work) to make it drop vertically with a parachute attached.

Actually, without Ares, you can use Dropping=yes to cause the projectile to detonate as soon as it is created. With Ares, you can use Ranged=yes with  ProjectileRange=0 to achieve the same effect.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Survivor.SideX is your friend over there.

Yeah, but Survivor.SideX doesn't accept a list as far as I know, so it would be just an E1 or whatever you declare. Works for me.

Also, DetonationAltitude of like 1480 and Vertical=yes as well to detonate it whenever.

Mr.Hymn
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

I'd use Parachuted=yes & Dropping=yes tho (need Ares for these tags to work) to make it drop vertically with a parachute attached. You just need to make a projectile that looks like the infantry that will be spawned (copy their paradrop frame etc). Add the needed makeinfantry stuff to the warheads anim & ya done.

[PackageBombP]
Image=MBOMB
Arm=10
Shadow=no
Acceleration=1
Dropping=yes
Parachuted=yes

It doesn't slow down the projectile at all. Did I missed something?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon