Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
[HELP] special tanks adding in survival maps (FA2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
nicoandreasj
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:  [HELP] special tanks adding in survival maps (FA2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi

i am making my own survival maps in fa2 for red alert and im trying to add special tanks to is something like volkswagon (moddified battlefortress) and type 59 (moddified apocalypse) but everything i try does not work out. can anybody tell me how this is done ?

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes with FA2's ini editing features you can add new units from scratch to the map, but you have to overwrite an existing and unused unit and splice together the .ini tags to prevent overwrite stupidities. it loads units with no images, or crashes when you try and make a new vehicle or unit entry even with an Image= so you have to overwrite. you can only use rules.ini tags in maps as well.

can you be a little more specific about what it is your trying to do?

nicoandreasj
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

McPwny wrote:
yes with FA2's ini editing features you can add new units from scratch to the map, but you have to overwrite an existing and unused unit and splice together the .ini tags to prevent overwrite stupidities. it loads units with no images, or crashes when you try and make a new vehicle or unit entry even with an Image= so you have to overwrite. you can only use rules.ini tags in maps as well.

can you be a little more specific about what it is your trying to do?

Well you know, some survival maps People added special tanks like type 59, it looks like a Apocalypse only its way stronger. I copied this tank from the ruledmd.ini from that map into my map. It is there inly when I click on it, my game crashes Sad

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to add a new unit to a map, you have to add a VehicleTypes list too.

e.g.
Code:
;make sure the used index (text works too) is not used in rules.ini (here BLAH01)
[VehicleTypes]
BLAH01=MYNEWUNIT

[MYNEWUNIT]
Image=MTNK ;the apocalypse image
[..] the other necessary keys here, copied from rulesmd.ini

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i did some testing and can confirm cloning units and adding them to their respective list types works, however since maps dont take art.ini entries if you wanted to use say, the dropship voxel from local.mix, you have no choice but to overwrite an existing unit because that voxel has no art.ini entries in the first place, and using it otherwise causes IE.

nicoandreasj wrote:
Well you know, some survival maps People added special tanks like type 59, it looks like a Apocalypse only its way stronger. I copied this tank from the ruledmd.ini from that map into my map. It is there inly when I click on it, my game crashes Sad

make sure your Image= parameter is set right. rules.ini reads apocolypse as APOC but its image is really MTNK if it still doesent work paste the units code here and we will take a look at it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon