Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
City under attack [Yuri's Revenge] [2-3]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:  City under attack [Yuri's Revenge] [2-3]
Subject description: Yuri's Revenge custom map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge fans,
I'm presenting you a urban themed city map for Yuri's Revenge. The map was build with detailes in mind and with a lot of tech structures. Ore is not plentiful, so management and protection of tech structures and ore fields is crucial.
As you can see from the map name, the city has been fortified by the military, so I suggest starting the game with as much money and units as you can.
For problems, improvements, etc. send me a message. Other infomations are written in ReadMe file.
Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

thumb_city under attack.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  769.66 KB
 Viewed:  12793 Time(s)

thumb_city under attack.png

city under attack.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  city under attack.zip
 Filesize:  135.24 KB
 Downloaded:  399 Time(s)

Last edited by C0uCHP0t@t0 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:53 pm; edited 21 times in total

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing detail. if my map renderer would load it, id put a picture of it up here. there is indeed many neutral house tanks and units on this map. in fact there is 370 vehicles, and 581 infantry, almost entirely made of civilian owned player units. civilians also own hospital, mach shop so their units self heal off the bat. to put it plainly a single GI can wipe out your starting force because your units dont properly target neutral house, and they self heal faster than your units can kill them.

EDIT: oh hey i got the renderer to work

City under attack.jpg
 Description:
here is the updated image.
 Filesize:  405.9 KB
 Viewed:  16627 Time(s)

City under attack.jpg

Last edited by McPwny on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Mr. McPwny,
Thank you for your comment. I apologize in advance, that I didn't put preview picture of the map as an attachment (have to learn it), so thank you very much that you took your time and do it. If you have any questions, problems, etc. let me know. Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the use of irregular cliffs, I've been meaning to try something like that, but I am not a fan of the really small starting positions, especially given there's nowhere to expand to?

If I was you I'd open up a few areas for MCV drops, maybe some open park or construction zones.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this is better for a campaign

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work on your map! The only real complaint I have is the square beaches on the left side of the map. Other than that, though, this is awesome!

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Mr. SteamsDev,
Thank you for your reply. I will take your comment into consideration when designing future maps.
Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:
Dear Mr. SteamsDev,
[...]Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

These are post-formus, similar to chats, there's no need for letter-politeness here. Smile
Only if you use the PM system, and even then it's not obligatory, but will make a nice first impression Wink

Also, I like your maps a lot. You're quite the mapper Very Happy

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge community,
The map City under attack has been updated and re-posted. Improvements mentioned above have been put into the map itself.
Those improvements include fixed beach, removed buildings in the vicinity of some ore fields to allow building placement, removed 2 large civilian building in the bottom left corner of the map to allow that player to expand their base a bit more and placement of the parking space in the middle of the map near the park to further allow base expansion.
Due to some problems with the map renderer or my insufficient knowlede with this program, the attached picture stays the same. If anyone would like to help me with the picture, I will appreciate that a lot.
Enjoy the map

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Additional small changes were made to make the map City under attack look and function better. Top right and bottom right players will now enjoy the benefit of an oil derrick placed in their vicinity to help them with their expansion.
Enjoy the map

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Last edited by C0uCHP0t@t0 on Fri May 08, 2020 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i liked this map so much i turned it into a co-op mission for 3 ppl. i really appreciate not only the detail but also that the cliffs are all made correctly
and had very few issues with heavy AI traffic. i will say there were a couple of instances of the overlap of building and cliffs causing errors, though.  
i appended an Author= tag and added your name to it, and intend to share this map.

city under attack coop.map
 Description:
first file's preview image was too big

Download
 Filename:  city under attack coop.map
 Filesize:  391.83 KB
 Downloaded:  49 Time(s)

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear McPwny,
Thank you very much for your reply. I am very happy to hear you liked the map and in the same time interested to see how the map is going to function in co-op.
I am looking forward to see the multiplayer game of this map, perhaps uploaded to Youtube some day in the future.
Enjoy the map and please let me know if you have spotted any problems with the map, so I can correct them.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Last edited by C0uCHP0t@t0 on Fri May 08, 2020 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i found only a handful of errors with building placement, where the overlaying of buildings onto cliffs causes a crash when destroyed.  it was  
only a matter of quickly checking with framework mode and building outlines on to solve; the biggest offender was the tech secret lab which is  
actually uncapturable due to cliff placement. the lat tiles and details themselves are absolutely flawless.

sorry i cant post a video or anything like that, but the version is compatible with cncnet if you want to try for yourself.

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map City under attack has been updated and improved. Main changes include removed some structures around starting positions to allow even the AI to expand their bases, removed civilian owned units in close proximity of players to give them much needed space for buildings/units, added some custom scripts and terrain details and making a construction site in the middle of the map to allow the players to expand beyond their starting positions. Tech power plant there is going to help players with their expansion. Tech Secret lab has also been moved so players are able to capture it without problems.
For improvements send me a message.
Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Last edited by C0uCHP0t@t0 on Fri May 08, 2020 8:40 pm; edited 4 times in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:
Map City under attack has been updated and improved. Main changes include removed additional structures around players to allow even the AI to expand their bases, removed civilian owned units in close proximity of players to give them some much needed space for building/units, added some custom scripts and details and making a construction site in the middle of the map to allow the players to expand beyond their starting positions.
Enjoy the map.
Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Did you update the screenie attached to the first post?
I can make one if you want.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear TAK02,
Yes I did. It is a thumbnail, posted above. Compared against old map, I must admit this one is much more balanced and fun to play. If there are any known issues, please let me know.
Enjoy the improved version.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

PS: I know this map is better for co-op or a campaign.
HINT: Be careful, some civilian units have heroic status.

Last edited by C0uCHP0t@t0 on Fri May 08, 2020 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map City under attack has been updated and improved. Main changes include removed structures close to the ore fields, so players can build a refinery there, removed additional civilian owned units and base defences in close proximity of players to give them much needed space for buildings/units, added some minor terrain details and parking spaces/construction zones for future expansion, removed buildings, which were placed unintentionally on cliffs and removed some clutter inside the city. The preview has been updated and re-posted.
Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vewy nice.

No, really, it is a very well made city.

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear NimoStar,
Thank you for your honest reply. I hope the map is fun to play, especially with some of the scripts I made. If there are any problems, please let me know.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear C0uCHP0t@t0,
I just played your map. Not bad. I see that you put lot of effort. However, I would address few things. Player at top location, near water has only 1 oil derrick. Also, there are too much neutral units which caused my game to be little slower.
Also, you need to put CivilianEnemy=yes in map file (open it with notepad), on all Allied units you put there, since almost everyone here is using Ares, and with that tag, those neutral units will be considered as enemies, thus will be automatically targeted and attacked by our units. Now, they are neutral and need manually attack which is annoying.
Also, that map is awesome just as it is, you might consider to upload another attachment without those allied units.

Yours sincerely
MasterHaosis Very Happy

PPM Halloween Season 2021

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the civilian units can be quite annoying, buyt I found these Ares tags that would help in your rulesmd.ini

With them you can make your units cooperate against the civilian menace.

[CombatDamage]
AutoRepel=yes ;Ares tag for AI defense from neutral
PlayerAutoRepel=yes ;For player defense from neutral

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis,
Thank you for your reply. Can you please let me know how put the Tag CivilianEnemy=yes into the map itself?

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map code can override rules.ini code

Open the map with Notepad (best with Notepad++) then copy-paste this somewhere; "somewhere" not interfering with other sections' code, like, say, the very bottom of the file.

Spoiler (click here to read it):
Code:
[CombatDamage]
PlayerAutoRepel=yes

This is how you override a Techno's settings:

Code:
[TECHNOTYPE_ID] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map
CivilianEnemy=yes ;the Ares-only flag MasterHaosis meant

Copy-paste and change it as necessary.
Go into rulesmd.ini to see which unit has which ID (for example: Flak Track has ID HTK, civvies have several different IDs ranging from CIVA to CIVC and CIV1 to CIV3 and more)

Best keep some empty lines after these overrides since the games' INI parser never reads the last line.

If you modify and save the map in FinalAlert, it'll change the order of the sections and delete all the comments.

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear TAK02,
Thank you for your quick reply. I've copied the code and made the mentioned improvements. Some new changes are:

-The top left player has an additional Oil derrick placed near by and a small unguarded ore field. In addition, ore field below the player is also unguarded.

-Removed units and defences near 3 Oil derricks at the bottom right player starting position.

-Added second Oil derrick near the top right player starting position.

-Minor terrain changes and added a second military outpost near the bottom left hospital.

-Removed some units, trees, buildings around the map.

If there are any problems, please let me know. Attachments were updated.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HAHAHAHAHA Very Happy

It is not working Very Happy And I checked why. here is why

Spoiler (click here to read it):
[TECHNOTYPE_E1] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map
CivilianEnemy=yes ;the Ares-only flag

[TECHNOTYPE_ADOG] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_GGI] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_JUMPJET] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_GHOST] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_SNIPE] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_CTECH] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_MTNK] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_FV] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_MGTK] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_DEST] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_DLPH] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_AEGIS] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_ROBO] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_TNKD] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_HOWI] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_GAPILL] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_NASAM] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_ATESLA] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

[TECHNOTYPE_GAGATE_A] ;change this into the ID of whatever you want to modify for this map

hahaha! It is not [TECHNOTYPE_E1], it is just [E1] [SNIPE] [ATESLA] [FV] etc... No TECHNOTYPE....
Also you have two of those
[CombatDamage]
PlayerAutoRepel=yes
You put them twice, although I do not know if that is problem, but you should remove one.

Tak02, Very Happy he understood you literally to copy whole examples of yours!

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear MasterHaosis,
Thank for clarifying what I have done wrong. I am still learning how to made certain things work, so learning by trying I guess. The map file has been updated, so I appreciate a feedback.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear C0uCHP0t@t0,

Now map seems better. Units auto attack civilian Allied units as they are enemies. And now, you can easily move-by-move destroy enemy groups... Although you did made sure that not to be that easily, because your groups protected themselves from various types of attack (min control, ground, air etc...).
You may consider to make soviet and yuri versions of same map by massive replacing units.
For example, you want to replace Grizzly tank for Lasher Tank, then you need to open wordpad, go to replace words and replace [MTNK] with [LTNK], and press ,,Replace All" and in second all MTNK will be replaced for LTNK. Same goes for everything. You want to replace [E1] for [INIT], for example [FV] for [YTNK] etc etc...

Yours sincerely
MasterHaosis

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear MasterHaosis,
Thank you for your feedback and for some suggestions. For now, I will let the map stay as it is, but I encourage everyone to redesign the map as they please for as long as they do not take the credit for making it.
I am going to make a urban snow themed Soviet map some time in the future, but currently I don't have time for such project, since this map alone took me about 2 weeks to made.
Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem with this map is that your units don't attack the civilian army unless you manually target them.

They will sit there and get shot at without responding because your units dont see them as an enemy unlees you target them by hand.

Put up an AI enemy and its the same, the AI enemy does notfire back at the civilian army which makes the map suck.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC playing on free for all mode fixes this.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, 2 years later and this map has not been fixed.
Today I went to play the map in free for all, and it is still the same, totally unplayable because the civilian units destroy the AI enemy since it does not fire back and the game just finishes, and I don't see anyway to turn all civilian units into targets for the enemy AI.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
Yeah, 2 years later and this map has not been fixed.
Today I went to play the map in free for all, and it is still the same, totally unplayable because the civilian units destroy the AI enemy since it does not fire back and the game just finishes, and I don't see anyway to turn all civilian units into targets for the enemy AI.

[CombatDamage]
AutoRepel=
PlayerAutoRepel=

in ARES. sorted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon