Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New TS-DDraw release (Fixes Windows 8/10 bugs,blackscreen..)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [84 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:  New TS-DDraw release (Fixes Windows 8/10 bugs,blackscreen..) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking for testers for a new release of TS-DDraw.

Download: https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw/releases

Should work for Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge.

For all those who don't know TS-DDraw, this is what it can do:

Working windowed mode without having to change windows to 16bit

Makes the game running smooth on Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10  and wine (Need testers for Vista!)

Can fix black screens, invisible menus and other issues

Last edited by FunkyFr3sh on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(thumbs-up)

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tested the OpenGL version on Win7 x64 and it plays nicely, although it seemed to double-load if that makes sense, it flipped back to Windows then back to game, whereupon the palette was messed up in the intro radar anim.

Performance was better than the other version I tried while mining Monero with cpu+gpu, so I'm guessing this offloads just a bit more from the cpu Smile

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm having the same symptoms as G-E on windows 7 x64 with OpenGL, runs slightly worse than the original I was using/the one from the GDI folder. Also, alt+tab takes awhile and has trouble getting back into the game. The GDI version doesn't have any of those symptoms and runs very slighty faster than/as fast as the previous TS-DDRAW version on CNCNet client.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for testing, you guys are talking about Yuri's Revenge, right? Or is it vanilla RA2?

Updated to 1.1.1.0: dkeeton made a faster scaling (e.g. for the cutscenes)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On Win7, TS-DDraw has improved but don't need any ddraw.

On Win10 (nVidia card), default without any ddraw is useless, menus don't appear. DDraw compat is best. Both TSDDraw works, no problem with menus etc. TSDDraw OpenGL 1.1.1.0 is better than GDI 1.1.1.0 in performance.

Tested on YR 1.001 with mod and Ares.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
Thanks for testing, you guys are talking about Yuri's Revenge, right? Or is it vanilla RA2?

I was testing RA2.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:

Updated to 1.1.1.0: dkeeton made a faster scaling (e.g. for the cutscenes)

I tested on Yuri's Revenge, sorry I should've specified.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok cool, about the Alt+Tab issue with OpenGL... Does this also happen when you run the game in a window and minimize it?

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm getting good performance with both modules running YR windowed via CnCNet Client, the game runs at maximum speed (which it previously did not in windowed mode), GDI does not draw IsWave weapons correctly and they come up pixelated and things that pass such weapons look drawn in the wrong palette. OpenGL does not have this issue.

Neither of them allow me to close the game via right clicking on task bar.

When running full screen through the client the game tabs to windows after loading then you need to tab back into the game to continue playing.

ayylmao on Discord

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tested in DTA.

OpenGL suffers from lag in the menus. GDI has no lag in the menus.

GDI is stuttery when running the game at very high frame rates (over 100 FPS), while OpenGL is still smooth. At 60 FPS there's no smoothness difference though, so it's not a real problem at least on my system.

Alt-tab works with both in fullscreen mode.

Both have an issue with the pause menu being invisible after saving a singleplayer game.

Win 10 x64, Nvidia GTX 1050.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
Ok cool, about the Alt+Tab issue with OpenGL... Does this also happen when you run the game in a window and minimize it?

With OpenGL windowed it takes 5-6 more seconds to load the menu than GDI, waited for 2 minutes for the skirmish menu to never load before forcing the game closed (only takes 1.5 seconds on GDI), and alt+tab has about a 10 second delay and is slow enough I could actually watch the window shrink to the toolbar (no delay on GDI).

This is on YR (I found out it is with exe modified by TFD patch, unmodified launcher actually runs slightly slower than GDI with less than 30 fps in menu, skirmish menu takes about 8 seconds to load, and has the video color issues, but still actually works) with and without Ares; Win7 x64, 2-core i3 with NVidia GTX 4gb 1050Ti and 8gb memory.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Win 10 x64, Nvidia GTX 1050.
That wouldn't happen to be a Surface Book 2 like mine, would it #Tongue
Before you ask: only worth it if you're a student and need something that can run Windows-only 3D programs smoothly. Other than that: over-prized, hyper-sensitive piece of garbage. Seriously, even an intel Atom runs FA2 faster than an i7 8th gen! Piece of advice: stick to tablet/studio mode and get an external keyboard. The detechment hardware is prone to easy failure if used too frequently.
I'll test out the new DLL and report back when I have the time.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP!
GDI works(both RA2 and YR), and OpenGL will give me nightmares: the radar in the main menu is greenish/discolored horribly, and the menus are SLOW. Game-play works fine, I think.

Specs: Surface Trash 2, 13.5", i7 8th gen, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050, 8GB RAM.

NOTE: Tested with XWIS AFTER the Lose10 compatibilty patches, but I disabled ALL compatibility options on the EXEs, and even deleted the nice patch I got from cxtian39 https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=564264#564264
I WOULD test this on my HP Mini Atom N270 1GB RAM, but RA2 & YR probably work better on WinXP without any extra DLLs #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks again for testing! We got some of the problems mentioned in here fixed and there will be a new release soon.

XxpeddyxX wrote:
When running full screen through the client the game tabs to windows after loading then you need to tab back into the game to continue playing.

Does that also happen with the GDI version?  Windows 7 I guess?

Could be the same problem as reported by G-E. The game goes into 800x600 mode initially and then after loading it switches to your chosen resolution, I guess that's where it fails.

TAK02 wrote:
I WOULD test this on my HP Mini Atom N270 1GB RAM, but RA2 & YR probably work better on WinXP without any extra DLLs #Tongue

Windows XP is not supported, but yeah, you don't need it on XP anyways.

I can confirm, the OpenGL version is no good for RA2/YR, I got a lot problems too. So better stick to GDI. For Tiberian Sun it works very well.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated to 1.1.2.0

- Improved scaling performance
- Fixed color issues on main menu (OpenGL + RA2 / YR)
- Cursor is now locked in windowed mode and can be unlocked by opening the menu or pressing [Ctrl]+[Tab] or [RCtrl]+[RAlt]
- Window can now be closed by pressing the X button or via taskbar menu
- Fix for invisilbe menus on focus loss or window move
- Fix for invisible menu on Load/Save/Delete (Tiberian Sun)
- Fixed a GDI handle leak
- Mouse will now be centered to the window on maxmize
- Window is now centered to the screen in windowed mode
- Fix for invisible menus on [Alt]+[Tab] (RA2 / YR)
- Few other random fixes...

This could be the last release of the OpenGL version, not sure how much longer I want to keep it alive. The GDI version is a lot better.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
Could be the same problem as reported by G-E. The game goes into 800x600 mode initially and then after loading it switches to your chosen resolution, I guess that's where it fails.

Y u do dis?

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:

Y u do dis?

I'm not doing that, the game is doing it also without ts-ddraw

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:

Y u do dis?

Do you also have this bug on the GDI version? I tested it on a Win7 VM and it didn't happen for me. The OpenGL version doesn't work at all, so I can't test it.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the "settings 800x600 first before the actual resolution from sun.ini" logic can be safely removed from the EXE

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iran wrote:
I think the "settings 800x600 first before the actual resolution from sun.ini" logic can be safely removed from the EXE

^^ This is what I meant, it doesn't need to exist.

As for the GDI version, the new version does the screen switch much faster than the OpenGL one I tried, and doesn't hang going back into the game.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It didn't only made the game smoother, but also no lag upon overnumbered units in map.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Iran wrote:

^^ This is what I meant, it doesn't need to exist.

As for the GDI version, the new version does the screen switch much faster than the OpenGL one I tried, and doesn't hang going back into the game.

Iran wrote:

This is not about Tiberian Sun, only RA2 and YR are doing this.

In tiberian sun the menu is just centered to the screen surrounded by black. In RA2 / YR the game will make the screen resolution match the one from the menu to avoid the black bars. Once the gameplay starts it will switch to the real resolution you chose for playing.

But the OpenGL version is now discontinued anyways, next release will be GDI only so it's not a problem anymore.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
In RA2 / YR the game will make the screen resolution match the one from the menu to avoid the black bars. Once the gameplay starts it will switch to the real resolution you chose for playing.
Negative. YR's menu resolution remains unaffected to any and all resolution changes. RA2 on the other hand respects the resolution in-game and menu. This goes for XWIS as well. Found that out during resolution-change tests with the new DLLs.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:
In RA2 / YR the game will make the screen resolution match the one from the menu to avoid the black bars. Once the gameplay starts it will switch to the real resolution you chose for playing.
Negative. YR's menu resolution remains unaffected to any and all resolution changes. RA2 on the other hand respects the resolution in-game and menu. This goes for XWIS as well. Found that out during resolution-change tests with the new DLLs.

Ah okay, good to know! My RA2 is actually not working atm, so I test YR only, thought it would be the same.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tested the new ones in DTA in fullscreen mode, the options menu is now visible after saving with both GDI and OpenGL versions. Alt-tab works with both as well.

OpenGL menu lag seems to be mostly fixed, although sometimes it still pauses for a few seconds when clicking on a button. It seems inconsistent and relatively rare, happening around every 10th time I open the options menu.

The OpenGL version is a bit smoother, the GDI one seems to occasionally skip frames even when playing at 60 FPS. The frame drops aren't that significant that I'd likely notice them often while playing, although I do notice them while spectating and scrolling around.

Great job btw, I wonder if we finally have an almost perfect DirectDraw wrapper for everyone  Smile

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
I wonder if we finally have an almost perfect DirectDraw wrapper for everyone  Smile
*cue Lose100 that breaks EXEs and DLLs*

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks again for testing!

New release, 1.1.3.0

- New hotkey combo [Ctrl]+[R] to enable a FPS overlay (Shows real rendering rate)

- Allow the renderer to slow the framerate down when the user's PC can't handle 60fps

- Windows XP support

Now all changes were added to hifis old repo on github: https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw

I added project files for Visual Studio to the repo, the new version was compiled with Visual Studio 2017

The OpenGL version is dead - R.I.P.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I may still have a 1.6 celeron with winxp to test that for you, sadly.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
- Windows XP support

Normally, I'd be overjoyed to see the old but gold OS still get support, but this makes me wonder: Anyone ever had RA2/YR NOT run on WinXP or earlier? I remember testing XWIS on an XP VirtualMachine, and I did get a black screen (probably 'cause it was a VM)

I think I got my first taste of RA2 (YR came MUCH later) on an old Win2k (at least, that's what I think the system was. I was too young to even understand operating system before we lost it)

4StarGeneral wrote:

I think I may still have a 1.6 celeron with winxp to test that for you, sadly.
Sadly? Doesn't it run RA2, FA2 and XCC beautifully in ways not even an over-priced i7 8th Gen 64-bit Win10 piece of trash can?
Figured out the 1500x1000 resolution (actually 3kx2k magnified 200%) was slowing down FA2 considerably. Using Display Changer -width=1152 -height=864 (magnified 125%) fixes the extreme lag

Last edited by TAK02 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:15 am; edited 3 times in total

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:
- Windows XP support

Normally, I'd be overjoyed to see the old but gold OS still get support, but this makes me wonder: Anyone ever had RA2/YR NOT run on WinXP or earlier?

Now you can run it in a window without the need to switch to 16bit!

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:
- Windows XP support

Normally, I'd be overjoyed to see the old but gold OS still get support, but this makes me wonder: Anyone ever had RA2/YR NOT run on WinXP or earlier?

Now you can run it in a window without the need to switch to 16bit!

Hmm...
I don't think my HP Mini ever switched to 16bit during run-time. Might be 'cause it's WinXP SP2 32-bit with 1024x576 resolution.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

um, why would this be useful?

Do screenshots then also have stretched images with big blocks instead of single pixels?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it looks amazing, I've always longed for stretched-yet-sharp low-res TS for the ultimate nostalgic feeling #Tongue

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I think it looks amazing, I've always longed for stretched-yet-sharp low-res TS for the ultimate nostalgic feeling #Tongue

Just use fullscreen with a low resolution. Confused

On a full HD monitor, you can set 720x480 for widescreen low resolution. Looks and works perfect.

I really don't see the point in this extra work to get stretched images working for something that worked all along (the hardware stretches images fine for smaller resolutions).

Public SHPs

Tools

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

Just use fullscreen with a low resolution. Confused

On a full HD monitor, you can set 720x480 for widescreen low resolution. Looks and works perfect.

I really don't see the point in this extra work to get stretched images working for something that worked all along (the hardware stretches images fine for smaller resolutions).

Not all high-res monitors have all the low-res modes available, and when they do sometimes the scaling is absolutely terrible...

Now if TS-DDRAW was able to letterbox 800x600 on 1680x1050 or 1024x768 on 1920x1080 that would be a nice feature, since all hardware stretches end up looking squished.

Envision using this on a MacBook or something...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Not all high-res monitors have all the low-res modes available, and when they do sometimes the scaling is absolutely terrible...

This. It's always blurred/distorted, definitely not something that's pleasing to watch.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Must have luck then. Samsung Syncmaster monitor stretches perfectly fine and supports many formats from 640x480 to 1920x1080.
I often use small resolutions for SHP testing and even for tiny 1 pixel fine work i haven't noticed any problems with the upscaled image.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure about other systems, but in Intel graphics settings and with CRU, it is possible to set custom resolutions. Each one that could be divided by 8 should work (unless video bandwidth isn't exceeded). I prefer using 896x504 for playing and 2560x1600 for map-stitching screenshots.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
um, why would this be useful?

Do screenshots then also have stretched images with big blocks instead of single pixels?

You can use any resolution with it, it's quite useful. 2x scaling looks very nice

Screenshots are not affected by it

G-E wrote:

Now if TS-DDRAW was able to letterbox 800x600 on 1680x1050 or 1024x768 on 1920x1080 that would be a nice feature, since all hardware stretches end up looking squished.

Envision using this on a MacBook or something...

Windowboxing/MaintainAspectRatio is supported already (I copied from cnc-ddraw)

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is now a new pre-release (1.1.3.1) available with optional FPS overlay + experimental stretching support

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've done some testing on TI, and sadly your version of TS-DDraw doesn't work as well for me as previous releases.
Pros:
- most of the menus respond very quickly and smoothly
Cons:
- gameplay stutters and runs slow, despite it reporting 62 FPS or more. I get a lot of frames dropped, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
- the soundtrack menu lags when scrolling up/down the list

Specs: Win 10 x64, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I've done some testing on TI, and sadly your version of TS-DDraw doesn't work as well for me as previous releases.
Pros:
- most of the menus respond very quickly and smoothly
Cons:
- gameplay stutters and runs slow, despite it reporting 62 FPS or more. I get a lot of frames dropped, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
- the soundtrack menu lags when scrolling up/down the list

Specs: Win 10 x64, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960.

Did you test this with normal game speed? Dropping frames at the highest game speed (unlimited) is normal. Dropping frames at normal game speed during the game play is bad.

Does it happen while scrolling? Are you using the scroll patch? Sun.ini->[Options]ScrollDelay=10

Will have a look into the soundtrack menu

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was testing on Speeds 4, 5 and 6 (max). I usually play on 4 or 5, and it suffers on both.

In fact yes, IIRC it stutters if I scroll or move the mouse around, I will check it later.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I was testing on Speeds 4, 5 and 6 (max). I usually play on 4 or 5, and it suffers on both.

In fact yes, IIRC it stutters if I scroll or move the mouse around, I will check it later.

Could be that you always had this problem and you didnt notice it before. The new ts-ddraw will drop frames when such things happen and you'll notice it on your end. With any other renderer you may not notice it on your own but all other players in the game will notice the slow down.  It's a new feature that was added to prevent lag in online games.

The scroll patch i mentioned will make your scoll less heavy on the cpu and the chances are that there will be no lag in online games nor on your end once you enabled it

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm nope, I tested it and the scroll patch didn't seem to have any effect, the scrolling is still uneven (as if skipping frames) and the game stutters even while staying still. The frame drop seems to fluctuate around 10-20 FPS. It doesn't drop any frames while on the menu, though.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you might not even have the scroll patch, not sure if DTA/TI have it enabled.

We are currently trying to find ways to make it smoother, using more than 1 cpu core seems to help quite a bit (But requires additional game patches sadly...)

Does the latest pre-release work any better for you?
https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw/releases

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it works a lot smoother now. Thanks.

Scrolling is still a bit clunky, though. I'm not sure about the scroll patch, Rampastring should know if its included with the client.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon