Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
(need help) Aircraft, abuction weapon & paradrop
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:  (need help) Aircraft, abuction weapon & paradrop Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello guys, I have a unit that currently has two weapons.
One of those weapons is able abduct units with size < 3.

However, I'd like to be able to use deploy and have them paradrop out of the aircraft unit. (invader in this case)
Currently they only paradrop once the invader is dead.

Is this possible? If yes, how? Help would be greatly appreciated.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rechk for ManualUnload.

Also, IIRC, someone (maybe even AlexB) said something about Aircraft and Abductors. But this is a Jumpjet Vehicle, so that might throw some things out the window.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I tried

NoManualUnload=no (although that's the default), but unfortunately that didn't work.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The documentation explicitly mentions that the Abductor mechanic is intended to be fully compatible with AircraftTypes.

I think the issue is rather related to deploying passengers in the air; I've never heard of any way to implement such a feature, even totally unrelated to the Abductor mechanic. AircraftTypes unload their passengers on Deploy prompt on the ground only. The only way to cause an aircraft to unload its passengers by paradrop via the aircraft attacking, in which case several stats of the weapon are used to determine paradropping behaviour, but the weapon is not really fired.

I'm not even sure how to achieve a unit acting in the way OP describes and the Ares Doc postulates - Abductor requires the aircraft to have a Passenger value to function, and that in itself prevents the weapon from ever being fired - unless Ares made a special case for aircraft armed with Abductor weapons, which I do not know.

If we are talking about a JumpJet VehicleType, then what I have said about unloading on Deploy prompt only working on the ground still applies, but furthermore, there is no way at all to cause passengers to be unloaded by paradrop.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no way to have units deploy in the air to parachute out passengers.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use aircrafttypes. Aircrafttypes kicks out their passengers when attack.
Maybe you also what to test abductor unit fires inside a transport

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon