Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am
All times are UTC + 0
Movement Zones + Icebreaker
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:  Movement Zones + Icebreaker Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is possible to make new movement zones? If so how and where???

I am making maps atm, and I am working on an Antarctica Map, and its given me some idea's for some units that can take advantage of various tactical features on the map, Particularly Ice Breaker Ships, Ships that can enter ice terrain, as if it were water terrain.

Any suggestions are always appreciated. I am aware this is complex, and there could be potentially many methods to achieve this effect, and am just looking for a place to start.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah sure, if you want to code them into a DLL, same as new locomotors, not exactly simple work.

Otherwise, change [Ice] to:
Code:
[Ice]
Foot=0%
Track=0%
Wheel=0%
Hover=100%
Float=100%
FloatBeach=100%
Amphibious=100%
Buildable=no

But that may break things on original maps possibly, safest would be to change what you consider to be ice to [Weeds] in TMP Editor and do the same code as water, as it's unused in RA2.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you change the definition of [Ice] within a map? Maps can have their own rules setting.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FloatBeach is unused too BTW so you can use that in conjunction with Ice to make a new terrain type & special unit that can only move over it.

I used Ice & FloatBeach to make landing crafts that can only move onto the edge of beaches to pic up units etc.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks - I think Mig has hit the nail on the head :- as to create a specific unit for the job.

Thanks guys Smile

------>

The light blue is ice-sheet, the rest is physical land mass and mountain ranges Smile So there should be area's where ships can contact vehicles and infantry on the icepack.

Antarctica_location_map.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.05 KB
 Viewed:  1424 Time(s)

Antarctica_location_map.png

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This was what it looked like at its fullest extent - in 2014

a map design that would include, part of south africa, agentina and australia, with the ice at its fullest extent --- could create some quite interesting gameplay on a four player map, with one player directly in the middle. protected by the ice sheet.

antarctic_seaice_sept19_1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.85 KB
 Viewed:  1418 Time(s)

antarctic_seaice_sept19_1.jpg

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another thought I guess is that - submarines may want to travel --- under the ice --- I wonder if this is possible. Possibly not, or at least it would still surface. I expect would require some special new logic to prevent the unit uncloaking when on the terrain.  -

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If a submarines fires it's weapon on the "ice" it will detonate immediately because the game considers it land & not water.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
FloatBeach is unused too BTW so you can use that in conjunction with Ice to make a new terrain type & special unit that can only move over it.

I used Ice & FloatBeach to make landing crafts that can only move onto the edge of beaches to pic up units etc.

I used to try to create functional LCs for a long time; simply allowing both the ship and ground units onto Beach tiles would never cause the units to actually enter the transport. They would just cancel their move command and linger around on the cell next to the LC, if I recall. How did you achieve this?

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to change the cells of the beach tiles to ice type. Then change the FloatBeach SpeedType so units using that type can only move on water & ice. Then just add SpeedType=FloatBeach to a normal amphibious transport.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon