Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
discovered by player [help] [multyplayer map]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
nicoandreasj
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:  discovered by player [help] [multyplayer map] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi, i have buildings in my map and i want to change theire house when they are discovered by the player. i tryed this trigger
[event] 4 - discovered by player...  
[action] 14 - change house...

but when i test this is does not work. i cant find another trigger that should do the trick please help me Smile

Last edited by nicoandreasj on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:41 pm; edited 8 times in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chk parameter value. It should be the House you're dealing with.

FinalAlert 2_ Yuri's Revenge(tm) (New map) 18_04_2018 21_04_30.png
 Description:
Chk Parameter value
 Filesize:  26.18 KB
 Viewed:  2259 Time(s)

FinalAlert 2_ Yuri's Revenge(tm) (New map) 18_04_2018 21_04_30.png

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
nicoandreasj
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Chk parameter value. It should be the House you're dealing with.
i have the parameter value set on ''player A'' but it doesnt work (its multyplayer map)

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nicoandreasj wrote:
(its multyplayer map)
Should've said so before asking.
Change the Topic name to (Multiplayer) change house (I think Edit on the first post will do the trick).

And wait for someone with knowledge on multiplayer house changes to pass by.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you double click on the buildings and attach the tag to those?

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tried a few things including event 4 (discovered by player) and event 1 (entered by) with celltags and no luck. im convinced this one cant be done in a skirmish map.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have tried things like these in the distant past, and I think I remember something about the "Discovered by Player" event in multiplayer only activating when one of the attached objects was destroyed.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agent Z wrote:
"Discovered by Player" event [...] only activating when one of the attached objects was destroyed.
This happened to me when I had a SpySat in SP (for debug). The result was Event 4 completely breaking after that. Even after losing the SpySat.

Destroying attached objects will fire the trigger. (Confirmed for RA2 1.003. Please re-confirm with RA2 1.006 and YR 1.001 (XWIS and non-XWIS))

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can confirm destroying attached building fires trigger in yr V1.001 XWIS

skirmish

Last edited by McPwny on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destroy is a kind of Discover, law of the jungle #Tongue

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't that in MP map you don't have a player house so anything related to that simply doesn't work

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Isn't that in MP map you don't have a player house so anything related to that simply doesn't work
But what about the co-op missions in YR, then?
They do work, otherwise they'd have been scrapped before release. That, and MO had them too.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm interested in this too, I had the crazy idea of making a derelict Soviet outpost or something, with half the vehicles wrecks but some functional tanks you could assume ownership for after capturing the local command center...

Also is it not possible to have 1 trigger for each house so that all houses are covered or no?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon