Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:49 am
All times are UTC + 0
[RA2] My Mission Map Gameplay
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:  [RA2] My Mission Map Gameplay
Subject description: I post my mission gameplays of my single player maps of TS & RA2.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[TS Mission Map Topic: SOON.]

Hi there, long time no see, i (maybe not) recently finished my 2nd own mission map (Operation: Must Kill), has anyone tried the idea of a topic posting about Mission Map Game-play for yourself including those maps were created/designed/scripted by you?

Actually, Operation: Slave Of Domination may come soon, Operation: Must Kill was my very 2nd mission map, i post their game-play video if that specific map is the final version.

Things i don't do on those maps: Text Trigger (because i cannot edit CSF file for a reason).

NOTE: Don't judge while watching the video, I am still and trying to improve my skills, but i am already very good at both FA2 and FS even before finishing the operation must kill map, i tried to learn everything for myself at that time.

Last edited by PussyPus on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you really posted that topic originally at the Offtopic forum or did somebody move it here?

Either way, I'm moving it to RA2 Mapping Discussion until a download shows up.

[Topic Moved]

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Did you really posted that topic originally at the Offtopic forum or did somebody move it here?

Either way, I'm moving it to RA2 Mapping Discussion until a download shows up.

[Topic Moved]

They get released but not here, it's exclusive to Mod DB, i don't release them here at all, i didn't know there was a mapping discussion forum.

@Banshee operation must kill was released since weeks for now: http://www.moddb.com/games/cc-red-alert-yuris-revenge/addons/operation-must-kill-final (it's the final version as in the video)

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Update: new mission map made by me have been released as the final version, since i worked on it days ago.

http://www.moddb.com/games/cc-red-alert-yuris-revenge/addons/operation-slave-of-domination-final

It's better compared to the alpha version released times ago, This time, i will continue the best i can do, why don't anyone leaves any reply to share thought and suggest for your own?

REMINDER: I don't make text triggers because i don't edit string tables, ANYTHING except text trigger, I plan to make a map for TS, a mission features the forgotten at a later time.
EDIT: i forgot to add new things to make the map better, anyway lets focus on the next maps.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UPDATE: Late but finished, Next one should be Yuri faction, then time for Tiberian Sun.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri mission teaser revealed! - Mission still not released and doesn't have a gameplay video right now.

New Brief:
Our time has come to destroy the Allied outpost of Tarablus, but be careful, Yuri warns you that the Soviets & some unknown kind of soldiers coming to invade the outpost, but don't worry because you have only minutes to wait until the lightning strike, they claim it will destroy the new Allies' building from a cyber world called 'Component Field', destroy the building, be careful that someone might have activated the Psychic Beacon, Yuri commands you to destroy the Component Field.

F.T. soldier artwork by Dark Elf, Component Field artwork by Me, Hammerhead Artillery voxel by MadHQ, Military Tank voxel made by 'The Game Developer', Spider Tank Coming Soon, and it should be by me as well.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The briefing text is hardly legible, I'm afraid. And there isn't much else to comment on - though I do wonder what the yellow shielded tank is, on the map.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Our time has come! We must capture the Allied outpost in Tarablus, proceed with caution however, we have been notified that the Soviets and Unknown Military Forces are underway to destroy the outpost. Do not worry too much however, we have reinforcements coming in to aid you in this battle (Seriously? A Lightning Strike?! That's an Allied SW!!) Our Scouts say that the Soviets and the UMFs are going to destroy the base to stop development on an Unknown Allied Prototype Device rumored to have been salvaged from Nikola Tesla's work, the 'Component Field'. Oh, and Commander, another thing, a Soviet Engineer managed to infiltrate of our P-Tech Development Centers in the last battle, we do not know how they got past our security, but they stole the plans for our re-enhancements for the Psychic Beacon, they might deploy it in battle and use it to make the Allied Forces stationed there destroy their own base.

Objective 1: Destroy the Soviet Base enforcing their Psychic Spire
                     (Name of the Re-enhanced Psychic Beacon)
Objective 2: Capture the Allied Outpost

Objective 3: Prepare for the UMF's attack on the outpost

Seriously PussyPus, LEARN MORE ENGLISH!!!, especially with comprehension, Pinoy ako pero alam na alam ko ang Ingles (I'm Filipino and I Really REALLY know English)

But at the same time, It's a damn stupid curse, I can't speak Tagalog properly Wall bash!

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
Our time has come! We must capture the Allied outpost in Tarablus, proceed with caution however, we have been notified that the Soviets and Unknown Military Forces are underway to destroy the outpost. Do not worry too much however, we have reinforcements coming in to aid you in this battle (Seriously? A Lightning Strike?! That's an Allied SW!!) Our Scouts say that the Soviets and the UMFs are going to destroy the base to stop development on an Unknown Allied Prototype Device rumored to have been salvaged from Nikola Tesla's work, the 'Component Field'. Oh, and Commander, another thing, a Soviet Engineer managed to infiltrate of our P-Tech Development Centers in the last battle, we do not know how they got past our security, but they stole the plans for our re-enhancements for the Psychic Beacon, they might deploy it in battle and use it to make the Allied Forces stationed there destroy their own base.

Objective 1: Destroy the Soviet Base enforcing their Psychic Spire
                     (Name of the Re-enhanced Psychic Beacon)
Objective 2: Capture the Allied Outpost

Objective 3: Prepare for the UMF's attack on the outpost

Seriously PussyPus, LEARN MORE ENGLISH!!!, especially with comprehension, Pinoy ako pero alam na alam ko ang Ingles (I'm Filipino and I Really REALLY know English)

But at the same time, It's a damn stupid curse, I can't speak Tagalog properly Wall bash!

Allies: they are guarding the area with infantry, good luck meeting with the fanatical templars, they could take down an infantry by 1 shot!
Soviets: will enter the battlefield using paradrops, be careful, overwhelming number of tesla troopers are coming!
Yuri: they are going to be paradropped, but with no MCV.
(???): they hid for long, but they are rising using their heavy tanks.

Nice brief, even objectives, the objective was supposed to be only capturing the psychic beacon using an engineer guarded with 3 spies disguised as fanatical templars and 5 brutes, you are giving me nice ideas and suggestions for objectives as well, the next mission is a soviet mission that should feature both spider tank and the chronoheart building (artwork by Detail).

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, to give some more constructive criticism, it just sounds very messy. This is like... A perfect storm, involving everything that you can think of all together in one single mission.

So there's an Allied outpost, that you must capture. Well, okay, that might not need a special reason, though it would be good to make a story out of this, because there must be thousands of such outposts. But okay.

But the Soviets are on their way to destroy it. Why? And there's an unknown force coming to destroy it too. Again, why? This is a huge coincidence; will the mission inform us why? What is so special about this outpost? What is this unknown force, how did it come to be, what is its purpose, and why is it near this outpost?

We need to wait a few minutes (it seems odd to indicate the time in this way to me), and then we have a lightning strike to support us. But that is an Allied superweapon. And how will it support us? Why do we have the capability to call in a lightning strike? And why do we need to wait a few minutes for it?

This lightning strike will destroy a 'Component Field' building that is controlled by the Allies in a 'cyber world'? That sounds like a whole mission on its own! What is this 'Component Field'? What is this 'cyber world'? How do we access it, what are the Allies doing there, what does a lightning strike have to do with it, how is it important, what do we want to do with this?

And then there is also suddenly is a Psychic Beacon! Why must I be careful that it has been activated? Is Yuri not in control of his Psychic Beacons? Did it turn against us? Was it infiltrated? Again, this is a whole mission on its own, as this, again, requires explanation.

Buuut I need to destroy this 'Component Field', of which I know nothing... Is that why Tarablus is important and why this unknown force is coming?

Now, let me take a moment to jump to your exact description (and really, props to NucleiSplitter for giving such constructive feedback!). You write 'but be careful', then 'but don't worry', and then 'be careful'. That is very odd - do I need to worry and be careful or not?

Mainly, though, this is too messy. I - the player - don't know anything; what is the 'Component Field', what is the cyber world, what is the unknown force, why are there four armies here... You need to explain so very much, and it sounds so very... Fantastical. There are too many unique and special things going on, there are too many things that require too much explanation, there is just way too much happening for one mission. Judging by the description, at least.

EDIT: Oh, and then there are also 'Templars'? And in the next mission, 'Spider Tanks' and a 'Chronoheart' building? Maybe this is part of your mod, and Templars are normal infantry - but if they are special campaign only things, then this all would require even more explanation; why are they there, with what purpose, what makes them thick?

Basically, think a step further. Do some worldbuilding. How did this all come to be?

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, PussyPus, how did the Yuri (or as I say, the Trinity) get thr WCD?

Did an Infiltrator (Trinity Spy) get in an Allied Tech Center once?

And nlspeed, I think PussyPus is adding CABAL into RA2 which doesn't fit in very nicely due to having no complete history with either the Allies or the Soviets, what? Don't tell me GDI and Nod sides are there too! , that would just be C&C Reloaded! Laughing, as for the Psychic Spire (Enhanced Psychic Beacon), in my briefing, the Soviets managed to sneak an Engineer inside Yuri's P-Tech Development Center (probably in the last mission)

And there might be 5 armies in PussyPus' mod. Allies, Soviets, Trinity A.K.A. Yuri, That Army (let it be GLA or something, IDK if it's Foehn, Foehn is E.T. and is in M.O. now, so IDK), LAST but not least... CABAL (It's in a Cyber-World, I thought the world was taken over by CABAL and the other 4 armies are the Last Resistance or something...

But I'm pretty sure the Allies are to blame (as for what I tried to decode from PussyPus' messy breifing) because they pretty much developed that 'Component Field' (and I thought another Scientist, notably Nikola Tesla, was behind this through a Space-Time Continuum) and I'm sure that 'Component Field' will then be activated anyway by the Allies, then it affected (whatever percent) of the world (just like Tiberium!)

PussyPus, please give us a complete backstory about this, the player has to know everything, what if that 'Component Field' got activated and it was the beginning of CABAL, let there be the Time-Machine that the Allied Fools have left in their Development Centers got infiltrated by Soviets, Nod? and possibly Yuri stole the pla-- I'll write it down later

I'll try to help other people's understanding of PussyPus' mod backstory that I'll make later.
For the Templars, it makes me think the mysterious army is Nod

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Last 2 Posts

what is the component field:
Spoiler (click here to read it):
The Component Field is one of the backbone of a lost GDI blueprints that later used by the Allies, its special purpose is to upgrade it into an air-pad mounted with a radar dish, mortar-field supplier with a mortar artillery cannon, radar dome mounted with a spy-sat uplink, and/or a battle lab for higher technology levels, the building is secure so it cannot be infiltrated even with an upgrade, both the stolen technology infantry and radar sabotage comes from its wireless-connected building.

why the outposts are special: there are actually 2 small outposts and 1 big outpost, the big outpost holds the component field itself, the building is capturable, once being captured, you can build the airpad.

why soviets invades: they thought yuri was here, but actually yuri's forces went there after to ambush them.

why lightning storm, the mission takes place in tarablus in the winter, many lightning storms approaching.

cyber world: very unknown for the allies but well known for the yellow faction.

why psychic beacon: the battle lab witch it will be owned by me after capturing the component field holds the psychic beacon technology.

why be careful: the fanatical templars are the strongest standard (???) infantry and not actually owned by the allies, including the component field and the heavy tanks and the FVAs.

who are those yellow force: they were born from both the allies and the GDI (the GDI from WWIII, prequel to C&C '95), they are described as the 'Monolith', not their actual faction name.

other question you asked: spider tanks from the concept art but might be different looking, the chronoheart is an allied building located in alaska, templars, heavy tanks, FVAs and the component field are owned by those unknown forces.

mysterious army: not nod, but they are GDI-related.

infiltration: no infiltrations happened, except after activating the psychic beacon.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the player know all that upon starting the mission? And is there a history behind all these things?

For example, the mission Romanov on the Run - a random example; I could take any other mission - would sound very silly; what is the Russian premier doing in Egypt! But we know they travelled back in time to stop the great threat of Yuri (see the mission Time Shift). We know that the first priority was to quickly get the Allies out of the war (see the missions Deja Vu and Brain Wash). To this end, the Soviets - amongst which Romanov - were in London, to free the Allies there from Yuri's control and to attack Yuri together; to establish the basis of an alliance. That is a good reason for Romanov to be there; he needs to sign this alliance by himself. Afterwards, he has to fly back, and he was shot down by Yuri; thus the mission 'Romanov on the Run'.

Your answers belie such a backstory (why were the Monolith created, why are they there, who are the Templars, why are they there, what is the 'cyber world', why does it exist, why lightning storms - this is just odd; how can this lightning storm help the player if it is a purely natural force, and why does it not show up in every single mission? - what is the 'component field', and why is it there?), but it might well be that such a history actually exists when one has your whole mod / campaign.

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually, in Romanov on the run, he was in Morocco, which is no where near the route one would normally take from London to Moscow.

But then, maybe he was headed to Soviet Libya, but no mission after that touches Libya.

Anyhow, @PussyPus: You could consider having short, low frame-rate video briefings in the form of 'skits' between missions. OR you could have a guide a player could get on their phones they can refer to while playing the single player campaign. That would solve this whole information issue.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's been almost a year, but this time a new Yuri mission i have been planning, The previous mission i mentioned in that topic is now going to be remade, instead of libya's capital, it would be in easy libya.

Operation: Urban Strike
Faction: Yuri
Brief: "Welcome to Yuri's new urban city Illusion, a new war is about to happen by controlling the two-against-each-other puppets, Yuri's new illusion tech has made it easy to trick the Allies and the Soviets from getting us, using it in a very convenient location, the real thing you must focus on is to take down the Tricked-Soviets after the confusion was spread on all of them, Yuri must be proud of you, Comrade, do not fail him."
Objectives: Destroy the Nuclear Missile Silo. - Wipe out the Soviet Forces. - Keep the Desolator Prime alive.

ls800yur01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  397.1 KB
 Viewed:  5107 Time(s)

ls800yur01.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the remake of an early version as the 1st mission, now it's the 2nd mission.

Operation: Ancient Descendants
Faction: Yuri
Brief: (???)
Objectives: Infiltrate the Allied Battle Lab to Build a Modification Center - Stay intact until the Psychic Beacon's activation - Keep the Spy alive.

ls800yur02.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  561.78 KB
 Viewed:  4977 Time(s)

ls800yur02.png

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mission 3 is kinda WIP, mind control the entire map this time, i used one of the cooperative maps as a mission for yuri's army + fourth army's 1st mission

ls800meg01.png
 Description:
Operation: (???)
 Filesize:  564.87 KB
 Viewed:  4742 Time(s)

ls800meg01.png

ls800yur03.png
 Description:
Operation: Cold Plant
 Filesize:  385.66 KB
 Viewed:  4764 Time(s)

ls800yur03.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon