Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
England Wars 1.1 [2-6]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject:  England Wars 1.1 [2-6] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have remade my old favourite map to play online back in the day.

England Wars --

an entire 6 player map of England, Scotland and Ireland, with part of france, with each location receiving its own tactical tech buildings.
Urban Areas seperate player start locations, and provide interesting combat zones to take advantage of.

AI plays well on this map on brutal, 9 times out of 10 building naval yards early.

Preview attached

Hope you enjoy.

VERSION UPDATE

--- Minor aesthetical Improvements.

EnglandWars.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.73 KB
 Viewed:  4235 Time(s)

EnglandWars.png

englandwars1.1.yrm
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  englandwars1.1.yrm
 Filesize:  246.58 KB
 Downloaded:  91 Time(s)

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tried your map and it looks nice and plays pretty good, but a few things irk me about it. the top base on the main island has no garrisonable buildings, a lot of the tech buildings are on islands, which means 0% chance the AI will make use of them. the tech buildings themselves are kind of placed willy nilly as the middle island has 11 power plants, a tech outpost, a hospital, and a machine shop where the left island has 6 power plants a tech lab and an outpost and the right island has nothing.
in maps like this 1 of 2 things can happen against the computer; the ai will sit there indefinately or a soviet ai will get lucky with some kirovs.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, top base no garrison was deliberate, making Scotland harder to defend - but giving them advantage on north sea oil. Smile

Yes, I think there are some missing tech buildings from france, although they get the airport so that gives them quite a good foot.

Uk with machine shop, easy to defend in London.

Ireland fight over the tech lab, there is some oil to the south, an outpost, and some power.

I think wales might also lack a good enough tech building to give them a foot.

My AI actually does go and get these dereks on the islands but I have custom scripts for them to do so.

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i went back and played it again, but the ai didnt take any tech building at all so i looked at in in FA2 and there arent any custom AI triggers, teams, taskforces, scripts, triggers, or ini edits.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes sorry forgot to mention the ai I was talking about is not map specific ---- it is general ai mod

if u really want to play with a general AI for all maps where for example allies build nighthawks, fill them with engineers and fly them to oil dereks --- feel free to DM me and I can make you one, or show you how to make one.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I enjoyed the map and having to defend the port of London but it felt pretty crammed and that there were way too many tech structures at the start. Should there be alliances set at the start or no? I did FFA and defeated the AI pretty easily.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I play FFA but I guess a 3v3 could be done Smile

Is dynamic map, don't expect perfect balance ---

but you both think i should tone down the tech buildings?

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't mind them but AI don't usually take advantage of them. It would make for an interesting single player map if you had to attack the coast or something like that.

-=HelloDave=-
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: England Wars 1.1 - Download Here Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AnimalMan wrote:

an entire 6 player map of England, Scotland and Ireland, with part of france

uhhh Wales too. #evil

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: England Wars 1.1 - Download Here Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-=HelloDave=- wrote:
AnimalMan wrote:

an entire 6 player map of England, Scotland and Ireland, with part of france

uhhh Wales too. #evil

Quiet Sheep boy #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon