Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
Using CNC4 shaders on RA3
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:  Using CNC4 shaders on RA3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, once I read that it is easy to import CNC4 shaders into RA3.

The relevant file is called shadows.fxo

Suppossedly replacing this file would single-handedly "fix" the awful oversaturated RA3 cartoony color scheme.

But,
I have the following questions;:

- Can we download the file individually? Can someone upload it?

- Does this work trough "mod" logic or does the base game files have to be modified, replaced?
-- If second case, would this wreck multiplayer compatibility?
-- If first case, is there any mod that does it?

Thanks for any answers and help.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Using CNC4 shaders on RA3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
Can we download the file individually? Can someone upload it?
Here ya go, tough guy! Have fun in C&C404!

(Don't ask where I got this from. You probably already know the answer. My defense is it's not worth it, and EA games z-the-type everything)

Side-note: I found two files of interest, and in two different BIGs. I think they're duplicates. Once in Shaders.BIG, and another time in Misc.BIG.

IF you want, I can send you the whole BIGs too. You might need some other files.

Misc.BIG.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Misc.BIG.zip
 Filesize:  3.72 KB
 Downloaded:  51 Time(s)

Shaders.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Shaders.zip
 Filesize:  3.72 KB
 Downloaded:  64 Time(s)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you.

I do not mind where you get it. In Argentina 70% of the software is piurated for example, so it is best not to dwell on the provenance of things #Tongue

Well, if you can send me mega links of the Bigs it may be useful. There surely are more than a few kilobytes, though.
I will try to see what I can do with those files meanwhile.

Something that worries me is that shaders are also present on models (at least referred), and it would be a real bummer having to change the settings on each of them... there are probably thousands.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you didn't mind please post some screen shot once you try it because I really want to see how it look. Smile

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to upload all the relevant BIGs on Mega, but I can't find the setting where you can create a folder anyone can access and download from, but preferably not change what's inside.

I found the MEGAdrop, but it doesn't have that last one. I'm using free Mega. If there's no alternative, then I'll use MEGAdrop, no big deal.

@4StarGeneral: how did you do that Mega folder that had the TX files several months ago?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a mega.nz account and right click the file to hyperlink it with a key after you upload it...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for the quick reply, 4StarGeneral!

Any way: you didn't get this from me. I don't do copyright infridgement. Don't even know what copyright even means #Tongue Laughing

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's because it isn't you who would be sued for copyright violation and nor your web community who could disappear from the best search engines due to irresponsible attitudes like yours. I'd rather ban you than let that happen. By the way, your post has been edited to hide the link.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should I PM the link then? Or do so via GMail instead? Just asking. Unless Nimo already got the files...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We do not control/monitor/track whatever you send as private message here and whatever you do with your email client has nothing to do with PPM at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum