Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The next Ares
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 5 [223 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wave uses the wrong FLH for IFV, it always uses Weapon1FLH even if it's not Weapon1. I use the new Ares IFV system instead of the old one, don't know if that's the problem.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A late and pretty small new set of features, because I was offline for some time, so I couldn't read the notes here and on LaunchPad. In this time I optimized a few things, the binary got again a bit smaller, then Microsoft updated the compiler and every size difference was lost again. Then I coded on, another compiler was releassed and now Ares is smaller again. Now I hope this rollercoaster ride still produced an unstable release that actually works.

Note that the defaults for wave colors have changed. It should now be possible to recreate the exact colors the vanilla game used, but you might need to tweak your colors now. If you want to keep the defaults Ares used until now, I can provide the previous values, though you'll have to manually set intensity to 0,0,0.

Minor additions
  • Units with killed drivers should not go into guard or hunt mission when EMP expires
  • Splits only targets air units if the Airburst projectile is AA=yes
  • Better support for Vertical=no MultiMissile SWs
  • Double bounty when crushing units is fixed
  • Several optimizations regarding Electric Bolt and Wave drawing
  • Several other optimizations

Wave Intensity settings
Changed the type of Wave.Color: it now takes three integers which represents fixed point values in steps of 1/256th. This does not change behavior, but it means you can use values above 255 now.

[Weapon]Wave.Intensity= (three integers separated by comma)
The multiplier for the current color, which is then added to the original color. Each r,g,b component got its own multiplier, measured in 1/256th steps. Values of 256 (or 100h) means double the component, 0 means no change.

This along with the Wave.Color change allows to recreate the original waves.

This changes the Ares defaults of the waves to what they were in vanilla YR. The new values are:
For Laser and BigLaser:
Wave.Intensity=0,0,0
Wave.Color=64,0,96 ; interpreted as factors 0.25,0,0.375

For Sonic:
Wave.Intensity=0,256,256 ; interpreted as factors 0.0,1.0,1.0
Wave.Color=0,0,0

For MagBeam:
Wave.Intensity=128,0,1024 ; interpreted as factors 0.5,0.0,4.0
Wave.Color=0,0,0

ROF AttachEffect
[Section]AttachEffect.ROFMultiplier= (double - multiplier, defaults to 1.0)
A factor applied to the ROF like the country multiplier. The rate of fire of the affected object is multiplied by the product of all effective AttachEffects.

Mind that this works fundamentally different than the other AE effects, which are applied the instant they are needed (like a bullet impacting) as long as the effect is active: the reload time is computed once when the reloading starts, but the modified reloading time may take longer than the attached effect lasts.

For instance, a unit that was struck with an effect slowing down the ROF extremely might thus render the unit unable to fire way longer than the AE is active, because the reload timer will not speed up again when the AE expires.

This is experimental. If it turns out to be hard to balance because ROF could make a unit reload never, then I'll have to do something about it.

Disable bounty for killing certain house's objects
[Country]GivesBounty= (boolean, defaults to yes)
Whether this country is eligible for giving bounty. If no, killing units and structures of this country will not give any bounty.

Customizable Particle System Spawned from Electric Bolts
[Weapon]Bolt.ParticleSystem= (ParticleSystem, defaults to DefaultSparkSystem)
Defines the spark particle system to spawn at the target location. Use <none> to disable.

Bridge Absolute Destroyer
[Warhead]BridgeAbsoluteDestroyer= (boolean, defaults to yes for IonCannonWarhead, to false otherwise)
Whether a Wall=yes warhead immediately destroys a bridge it hits. Requires CellSpread.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, I look forward testing the ROF buff.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any time related buff with a duration is a bad ass

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow nice AlexB will be waiting on that ROF buff Very Happy

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for improvements of split system!

Also the ROF modifier was something I was interested in for a long time, now we can have Autoloader upgrade from Generals! Very Happy

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

ROF AttachEffect

My prayers have been answered Very Happy

It works great as a quick buff but for effects that stack with each other there is no cap and eventually the unit with the buff fires at almost no ROF at all.

The code I'm using currently is:

AttachEffect.Animation=CLRANIM
AttachEffect.Duration=165
AttachEffect.Cumulative=yes
AttachEffect.ROFMultiplier=0.88

Can you please add a way to cap this effect? e.g.

AttachEffect.ROFCap=0.5 (so the buff cannot give more than 50% increase in ROF to a unit when stacking with the same buff)

It would be useful for units that are able to self buff via firing animations etc.

Haven't tested anything else yet..

ayylmao on Discord

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or just a general cap like EMP has.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For self buff you can fire a AreaFire weapon and then splits the real weapon, and add DamageSelf=yes

For self buff weapon there is a cap I think. Because your AE has duration, when they stack the one applied earlier fades away earlier, and there exists a maximum when most of them overlap.
For example,
Code:
AttachEffect.Duration=20
AttachEffect.Cumulative=yes
AttachEffect.ROFMultiplier=0.8

with weapon ROF=20 then
Frame 0: 1st Shot, AE1 applied, reload time changed to 16
Frame 16: 2st Shot, AE1&AE2 applied, reload time changed to 12
Frame 20: AE1 expires
Frame 28: 3rd Shot, AE2&AE3 applied, reload time = 12
Frame 36: AE2 expires
Frame 40: 4th Shot, AE3&AE4 applied, reload time = 12
Frame 48: AE3 expires
Frame 52: 5th Shot, AE4&AE5 applied, reload time = 12
You see the reload time is cap to 12, with multiplier = 0.8*0.8=0.64

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Split doesn't work in this case, not for my weapon anyway.

The only way I found to control the "cap" on the unit's ROF is to have initialpayload give the buff to the unit.

With an AE duration that low, the effect doesn't replicate the IsGatling effect I want to, frames are also extremely short, ROF=20 and Duration=20 has no effect.

ayylmao on Discord

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

InfDeath=0 causes the game to crash now when the infantry is killed. This wasn't the case before.

FELITH
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
[XTANK]
RequiredHouses=A1,A2,A3,S1,S2,S3
FactoryOwners=S2,S3        ;A1:no
FactoryOwners.Forbidden=S1 ;A1:yes
Prerequisite=AlliedWF ;just for testing

I play as A1 and don't get XTANK. what's wrong?
"FactoryOwners.Forbidden=S1" this doesn't have A1, so A1 should pass the FactoryOwners, isn't it.
Code:

[YTANK]
FactoryOwners=S1              ;S1:yes S2:no  S3:no
FactoryOwners.Forbidden=S1,S3 ;S1:no  S2:yes S3:no
Prerequisite=SovietWF

play as S1,S2 and don't get YTANK
S3 has nothing wrong because it's both no xD.

tested it on alex20.18.110.1340

maybe you use AND in coding instead of OR Laughing please fix
Smile

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They both work as it says in documentation to me.

If you're not listed on FactoryOwners= then no, you aren't getting it regardless if you are listed on FactoryOwners.Forbidden or not.

OR

If FactoryOwners isn't listed but FactoryOwners.Forbidden is and your country is on that list, then it's still no.

So:

[XTANK]
FactoryOwners=S2,S3        ; Forbidden or not, how can A1 build this unit without a factory from S2 or S3?

If anything, it could be changed to And/Or in the documentation, but Or is correct as well since having
FactoryOwners=S1
FactoryOwners.Forbidden=S1
is redundant...

FELITH
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
They both work as it says in documentation to me.

If you're not listed on FactoryOwners= then no, you aren't getting it regardless if you are listed on FactoryOwners.Forbidden or not.

OR

If FactoryOwners isn't listed but FactoryOwners.Forbidden is and your country is on that list, then it's still no.

if you say like that it's just AND. I don't know why did you say OR when you skip the Forbidden. why is FactoryOwners.Forbidden does exist if you only need FactoryOwners=.
I can tell what OR can do which AND cannot.
there is no reason to use AND for this as I can think.
can you tell me what AND can do which OR cannot?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FactoryOwners is rather implemented like:
"Player has any factory (build by a FactoryOwners country if set) that is not built by a FactoryOwners.Forbidden country."

FELITH
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Getting a crash with the latest unstable build, side specific, related to AI but can't pin point what it is.

Reverting back to 1.0 fixes issue.

crash dump attached

ayylmao on Discord

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Minor update: The InfDeath=0 crash will be fixed in the next build, most likely around the weekend. There's nothing new atm, so I'll still have to add something. Thanks for the report!

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XxpeddyxX wrote:
Getting a crash with the latest unstable build, side specific, related to AI but can't pin point what it is.

Reverting back to 1.0 fixes issue.

crash dump attached

don't know if I'm getting the same crash

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I uploaded a new testing build that should fix the InfDeath=0 crashes. Not much new, though. Will make a proper post next time.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This fixed my crash, might be the same for cxtian39?

ayylmao on Discord

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XxpeddyxX wrote:
This fixed my crash, might be the same for cxtian39?
Honestly don't know. It never happens again.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Help with 2 crashes.
Both happen when my spawn kills a oil barrel. No AI players.
Then I do the same but I can't reproduce it anymore Confused

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  5.29 KB
 Downloaded:  4 Time(s)

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  5.29 KB
 Downloaded:  4 Time(s)

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still no new unstable and no description of what's changed, but at least no outcry that something broke completely. That's good... I'll have some work ahead of me, so more info maybe this weekend.

cxtian39: I'm not sure. The second definitely happened while updating the spawn manager, but from the data I can't tell what went wrong.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally, the changelog for the binary from a few weeks ago (18.111.1428).

Minor additions
  • Fixed the InfDeath=0 crash introduced in the last testing version
  • Added the psionicsimmune ability check to perma mind-control and to abduction
  • Support AffectsEnemies, AffectsAllies and AffectsOwner* on Splits projectiles
  • Internal changes

Exempt the firer from splits retargeting
[Projectile]RetargetSelf= (boolean, defaults to yes)
Whether the firing unit itself can become the target when retargeting. If no, the firer will be exempt, though could still be hit by a retargeted projectile that hits the cell the firer is on.

But there's more: Here's the changelog for the latest testing build (18.134.997)!

Minor additions
  • Fixed tag name for Color.Selection, which got screwed up last time
  • Degraded the counter overflow warning to a notice and changed the wording
  • Weapon effects are now applied as long as the attack wasn't damaging and the damage has been nullified by Verses
  • Allow Super Weapons to be defined in INI files later than in rules
  • Partial solution for Secret Labs trying to grant access to ineligible boons
  • Paradrop reworked. Please recheck that it still works as always.
  • Lots of internal changes

Immunity to Berserk
[TechnoType]ImmuneToBerserk= (boolean, defaults to ImmuneToPsionics or psionicsimmune ability)
Whether this unit is immune to berserking, the Chaos Gas effect. Can be used to override ImmuneToPsionics and the psionicsimmune ability. If set to yes, the unit is not affected by Chaos Gas even if not ImmuneToPsionics; if set to no, the unit can be affected by Chaos Gas despite being maybe immune to psionics.

Currently, the default of not being set cannot be restored once this tag has been set.

Ion Cannon Warheads
[Warhead]IonCannon= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether Ion Cannon logic will be activated when this warhead impacts.

[Warhead]IonCannon.Blast= (animation, defaults to IonBlast)
The optional first animation on the impact site. This s only used on land. If the impact site is on water, the last animation in the SplashList is used.

[Warhead]IonCannon.Beam= (animation, defaults to IonBeam)
The optional second animation on the impact site.

[Warhead]IonCannon.Warhead= (warhead, defaults to IonCannonWarhead)
The optional warhead to deliver the damage. If not set, no Ion Cannon damage will be dealt.

[Warhead]IonCannon.Damage= (integer - hitpoints, defaults to IonCannonDamage)
The damage dealt by the Ion Cannon warhead.

[Warhead]IonCannon.Rock= (boolean, defaults to yes)
Whether voxel units are rocked by the impact. Requires IonCannon=yes.

[Warhead]IonCannon.Ripple= (integer - frames, defaults to 79 for IonCannon=yes, to 0 otherwise)
Whether this warhead will create a shockwave on impact. The shockwave is a purely visual effect. Valid values range from 0 (off) to 79 (max effect).

Ripple.Radius is still read for backwards compatibility, and should still work separately. But please use the new tag.

I'm kinda running without a goal, thus there's still no one huge feature and all other features are a bit incoherent. I'd like to tie the thing up soon, and call work finished. There are some breaking changes already, and thus I wouldn't mind adding a few more.
  • Any ideas how Secret Labs should behave? Maybe I can fix it properly somehow.
  • Is the weapons effects working as expected now?
  • Did I miss something that could need an overhaul, maybe breaking?

edit: *was AffectsNeutral, which doesn't exist. Thanks, Ollerus!

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

breaking features that I thought of back to the years of NP:

Attaching a virtual unit to another existing "real" unit. Achieved already by LH_Mouse in his Gear Zero, but he abandoned.

Allow animations to call certain super weapon on its spot.

Minor: forced shrapnel

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love animations being able to apply AEs. So I can attach some kind of propaganda animation to my Commissar infantry and it will buff nearby allies with some AE without using a weapon slot for it. Or I could have a building that applies passive AE buffs but doesn't use a SW.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be a quick change, if an animation has an owner. But weapon effects would have to be fixed for that, and appparently there's no consensus yet whether the latest changes are ill fated or just bad. I'll have to fix that first. And AffectsX support on Splits. It's good to be back...

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares possibilities:
1- re-enable FirePower, Armor atleast in [Easy], [Normal] and [Difficult] if not all others as in TS. ROF and computer controlled fields already work.
2- make passengers part of the team in InitialPayload
3- new Tunnel building feature fix for hover units
4- fix DebrisMaxixmums if it allows more than defined max.
5- allow execution of AI script actions when teamtype group is other than -1/-2 for units produced from factory.
6- option for brightness/contrast variation based on height for radar/minimap as in TS.
7- are other TS/FS features emulated like jellyfish bouncing etc.
8- make Ares open source

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing seems to have broken for ParaDrops, I can't get IonCannon tags to work at all if they are supposed to be on the warhead as you said, at least.

AlexB wrote:
Weapon effects are now applied as long as the attack wasn't damaging and the damage has been nullified by Verses

So does this mean that as long as Verses takes the damage to 0 (Damage=1 & Versus=2%) it still gives the weapon effect or does it apply even with Damage=0?

Still working on the rest.

Last edited by 4StarGeneral on Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do we have vehicles transforming into other vehicles yet?

if not, that should be top priority, and Npatch did it over 10 years ago...

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With breaking changes I meant altering existing features that have flaws, not adding new features.

I'm not sure what would be the expected, best, correct solution for weapon effects, to be honest. It's two contradicting ways:
- weapon effects should not be applied if a unit takes damage but Verses reduced it to 0 (because the unit is apparently immune to this damage)
- there should be a way to apply weapon effects without also having to deal damage (that is, pure effect warheads, so even if Verses nullified damage, the effects should apply)

Vehicle-to-vehicle transformation was on my list for so long. I wanted to do it right after the Veteran Sounds and related settings, but it never happened. I'll have to see to finally include it.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Fixed tag name for Color.Selection, which got screwed up last time

This appears to work again.

AlexB wrote:
Weapon effects are now applied as long as the attack wasn't damaging and the damage has been nullified by Verses

Not able to discern any difference to previous behaviour here.

AlexB wrote:
Paradrop reworked. Please recheck that it still works as always.

I cannot fire any of my Paradrop SW's, they just display NoCursor no matter what.

AlexB wrote:
Ion Cannon stuff

The new flags seem to work, although if using such on unit weapon warheads no experience is provided to the unit for kills done through IonCannon.Warhead, thought that might be worth mentioning. Also IonCannon.Ripple works instead of Ripple.Radius but it would seem that it defaults to 0, not 79 with IonCannon=yes as well.

EDIT: Can't see any effect from IonCannon.Rock after all.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
Attaching a virtual unit to another existing "real" unit. Achieved already by LH_Mouse in his Gear Zero, but he abandoned.

Initial payload almost does it, except not rendering passengers' images
Maybe should copy carryall's rendering code, and FLH for vehicle firing inside vehicle needs some fix, too.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Maybe should copy carryall's rendering code, and FLH for vehicle firing inside vehicle needs some fix, too.
Is this a potential work-around for YR not supporting multiple turrets for one unit? If so, then it's only draw-back would be that we can't have multi-turreted transports.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
Is this a potential work-around for YR not supporting multiple turrets for one unit? If so, then it's only draw-back would be that we can't have multi-turreted transports.
You can add MovementRestrictedTo=Water to passengers so that they can never be poured out. But I would prefer a new feature that prevents unloading the first n passengers, also hiding the first n passenger pips.
I notice that Gunner=yes unit handles the first passenger and the rest differently. Is it possible to extend it for first n passenger?
Since Gunner=yes unit won't unload all passengers at once, all we need is another tag like
NoManualUnloadPassenegrs=1
Prevent manual unloading when current passenger is 1.

Code:
Gunner=yes
Gunner.Drivers=3; 3 dummies act as turrets, or something else
Gunner.HideDriverPips=yes; hide their pips
NoManualUnloadPassenegrs=3; NoManualUnload when passenger count is 3
ShowVehiclePassengers=yes; for multi-turret only
CorrectVehiclePassengersFLH=yes; for multi-turret only; draw passengers at AlternateFLHX, passengers' own FLHs still come into play, using transport's AlternateFLHX as an offset

Last edited by cxtian39 on Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 pm; edited 4 times in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
a new feature that prevents unloading the first n passengers, also hiding the first n passenger pips.
Want to bet Alex will say something along the lines of "too complex, no fun to code, too hard"? #Tongue
But yes, sounds much better.

But, call me paranoid, I'm pretty sure MovementRestrictedTo=Water could backfire in some way: Like the units no longer firing once on land, with a chance of them getting stuck like that until destroyed.

^This is speculation on my part showing the engine's potential stupidity (as with Service Depots that should've also worked as ConYards without bugging-out). Please invalidate by testing it yourself. Thank you.^

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
a new feature that prevents unloading the first n passengers, also hiding the first n passenger pips.
Want to bet Alex will say something along the lines of "too complex, no fun to code, too hard"? #Tongue
But yes, sounds much better.

But, call me paranoid, I'm pretty sure MovementRestrictedTo=Water could backfire in some way: Like the units no longer firing once on land, with a chance of them getting stuck like that until destroyed.

^This is speculation on my part showing the engine's potential stupidity (as with Service Depots that should've also worked as ConYards without bugging-out). Please invalidate by testing it yourself. Thank you.^
You confuse MovementRestrictedTo with MovementZone, Locomotor, etc
Those could make initial passengers stuck but MovementRestrictedTo does not.
I have been using it for a long time.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should have written it before, but InfDeath=0 crash no longer occurs.

SW.FireIntoShroud=no now makes the SW able to fire only into shroud. SW.FireIntoShroud=yes works fine, though.

IonCannon.Damage= with a negative value will ignore the CellSpread on IonCannon.Warhead= and heal only the object hit. Probably for the same reason why repair weapons can only repair the target itself, so i'm not sure if it's something that should be fixed or not.
Otherwise it works fine.

As for stuff that might need an overhaul, since you were (or will be?) looking into Missile.Weapon= ignoring NukeFlash, DeathWeapon= has the same problem, also ignoring PreImpactAnim= (so i guess Missile.Weapon= probably does ignore that too).

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I may request: Deviator's temporary mind-control. Of course, only if we can't emulate it using AttachEffect.

Does AttachEffect allow MindControl, tho?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mevitar wrote:

As for stuff that might need an overhaul, since you were (or will be?) looking into Missile.Weapon= ignoring NukeFlash, DeathWeapon= has the same problem, also ignoring PreImpactAnim= (so i guess Missile.Weapon= probably does ignore that too).

Changing this behaviour for DeathWeapon changes original game behaviour since Nuclear Reactor's DeathWeapon is same Weapon used by Nuke SW. Just something to keep in mind.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Need repair hidden health for enemy .

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tested those and they work:
  • Fixed a crash when minimizing the game with radial indicators being visible
  • Fixed a crash with KillDriver if house Special doesn't exist. Abort instead.
  • SpecificPassengers should now actually work with buildings
    infantry can ignore passenger restrictions when waypoint mode is used together with an infantry that is allowed to enter the object (this applies to entering vehicles too)
  • Split AffectsOwner from AffectsAllies
  • Global mission for AI units after EMP expires
  • Units with killed drivers should not go into guard or hunt mission when EMP expires
  • Splits only targets air units if the Airburst projectile is AA=yes
  • Wave Intensity settings
  • ROF AttachEffect
  • Disable bounty for killing certain house's objects
  • Customizable Particle System Spawned from Electric Bolts
  • Bridge Absolute Destroyer
  • Fixed the InfDeath=0 crash introduced in the last testing version
  • Added the psionicsimmune ability check to perma mind-control and to abduction
  • Allow Super Weapons to be defined in INI files later than in rules
  • Paradrop reworked. Please recheck that it still works as always
  • Immunity to Berserk

Tested but unsure about those:
  • Support AffectsEnemies, AffectsAllies and AffectsOwner on Splits projectiles
    AffectsAllies=no worked for a VehicleType, but it didn't seem to work for the AircraftType i tested (or is it only for retargeting when the target dies? that would explain the difference between those two, because the vehicle type has a long delay between its projectiles being fired and flying to the target, and the target often dies before)
    AffectsAllies=no still appears to target non-hostile neutral objects
  • Exempt the firer from splits retargeting
    seems  to work fine for Splits=yes, and i assume AirburstSpread= is excluded from this (since it doesn't work at all for AirburstSpread=)

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mevitar wrote:
Support AffectsEnemies, AffectsAllies and AffectsOwner on Splits projectiles
AffectsAllies=no worked for a VehicleType, but it didn't seem to work for the AircraftType i tested (or is it only for retargeting when the target dies? that would explain the difference between those two, because the vehicle type has a long delay between its projectiles being fired and flying to the target, and the target often dies before)
Correction: it works fine. There was a typo in the aircraft's warhead, and splits behave as they should now.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still very interested in the AircraftDockIndex= we discussed awhile ago as a fix for Aircraft using BuildAt=. Any chance of that being added in the future?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about expanding FireInTransport.Allowed/Disallowed to include or exclude a list of transports #Tongue

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a BuiltAsImage(s) logic would be nice similar to the generals GLA technical which has several 3D models when built/trained.

Also, I have been waiting for turning units into others thing, that would be a good addition as well.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About weapon effects:
Is it possible to attach multi warhead on one weapon (without using splits or similar stuff)?
Make Warhead= accept a list. Only first one can detemine weapon targeting.
So that you can split damage and effects into different warheads with different verses all in one weapon.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hopefully AI can use U2U smoothly

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 5 [223 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon