Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
AI units are LITERALLY going off the map???
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:  AI units are LITERALLY going off the map??? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So first the issue regarding Paradrop Planes and ROT has been fixed, however there's another issue regarding unfinished games. As the title said, I've literally seen it that one of enemy AI units(Particularly a helicopter unit) went off the map. I seriously don't know why it does that but thanks to that behavior my game isn't finished.

Of course this behavior is really hard to replicate because it's totally random. Details of the map? It's just a random map made by random map generator.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When the aircraft ROT is low and there isn't much gap between the inner and outer boundary of the map (blue and red lines in FA2), the aircraft can't make a full turn, so it gets stuck outside the visible area of the map. Solution is to either increase the ROT of aircrafts and/or decrease its speed or increase the gap between the boundaries.

Check if you have used SlowdownDistance on aircrafts.

If that is not the case, check the scripts and teamtype attributes if something is causing it.

I used to use hunter seeker to destroy such units in TS, but Ares has fixed such ability of hunter seekers. That fix is useful for SP maps but that ability to destroy outside visible map area could have been useful in MP maps for these cases.

Short game option won't have problem because of this.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
When the aircraft ROT is low and there isn't much gap between the inner and outer boundary of the map (blue and red lines in FA2), the aircraft can't make a full turn, so it gets stuck outside the visible area of the map. Solution is to either increase the ROT of aircrafts and/or decrease its speed or increase the gap between the boundaries.

Check if you have used SlowdownDistance on aircrafts.

If that is not the case, check the scripts and teamtype attributes if something is causing it.

I used to use hunter seeker to destroy such units in TS, but Ares has fixed such ability of hunter seekers. That fix is useful for SP maps but that ability to destroy outside visible map area could have been useful in MP maps for these cases.

Short game option won't have problem because of this.

But this one is a balloon hover unit and it's like it literally went outside of the battlefield. This happened when AI typically surrenders(When factories are destroyed). Once again, I'm not sure if I can replicate this.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

on all maps, place a Neutral owned, always powered Firestorm wall around the entire map Wink
or
set all Aircraft and flying units to Insignificant=yes

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon