Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
Requesting xuetianyi's Power Plant.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:  Requesting xuetianyi's Power Plant.
Subject description: Or maybe it's my SHP Builder's problem?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I downloaded his Power Plant/Nuclear Reactor from here: http://bbs.ra2diy.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14078&extra=page%3D2

I tried opening the shp files however they gave me an error, which is "Warning: Open Source SHP builder 3.38 is unable to open this file".

If someone has the working version of xuetianyi's Power Plant, can someone upload it here? Or unless the shp files are actually working and it's just the SHP Builder version isn't compatible with the shp files.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you should have just put up the files so anyone could check if your files corrupted  than have to go fetch from there but I see no problems or looked at wrong files...

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, never mind. It now worked when I just have to rename zip file/folder since it's on Chinese name. Strange that I never renamed some of his works and yet they just worked fine except this one.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What Apollo said. We can't dream or imagine what you downloaded. You gave us link from Chinese site, with their letters, we even do not know what to check.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For this site you need to register in order to download attachments
PM me for instant translation $20/hr

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Sooo how much for re-uploading/out-sourcing everything there to here on PM? #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
Sooo how much for re-uploading/out-sourcing everything there to here on PM? #Tongue
#Tongue I'm kidding

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not so much kidding, there is an inside chinese-only subforum where even registered users can't enter unless they personally contact the moderators and "speak chinese" :/

I have an accpount and can't access the full site...

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really
What subforum(s)
TBH I never experience that

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I've got the assests, but I'm I allowed to post it here? I mean, need to ask for permission for that, but I don't speak chinese.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

geof101 wrote:
Well, I've got the assests, but I'm I allowed to post it here? I mean, need to ask for permission for that, but I don't speak chinese.

a re-post of public stuff is fine if you give credit.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Really
What subforum(s)
TBH I never experience that

This area:

http://bbs.ra2diy.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=23
Quote:

Copyright protected area (1)

Good material is the premise to make a gorgeous mod. Here is a collection of all the original material of the Red Alert DIY forum.

Moderator: Apocalypse Knight

The title implies is it protected, on the other hand it says "good material is the premise", so...

When you try to enter:

Your diy currency is insufficient!

[ Red Alert DIY Forum Home ]

Maybe you gain "DIY currency" by posting.
But it is impossible then not knowing chinese.

The translator makes gibberish mostly.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's weird. I have access without asking. Maybe you want to register a new account.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

being fair, I got an odd screen when I tried to login to the "PPM account" so I'd just like stuff reposted here to give us non-chinese folks a chance

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nimostar, if you tried contributing to the forum you'd get access instead of just trying to leech assets without giving anything back which is already an issue in chinese scene and why that system is in place.

What needs reposting anyways?

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll ask permission first before reposting it here.

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: these pretty things here Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will ask for he author's (Xuetianyi) permission first tho

all.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.29 MB
 Viewed:  3100 Time(s)

all.gif

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised
The Chinese sure know how to make proper SHPs.
What resolution was this?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Irony is the Chinese mod scene complaining about leeches when they spent the last 10 years stripping mods of non-public assets and freely sharing them.

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Surprised
The Chinese sure know how to make proper SHPs.

I would guess this is probably 1920x1080. Not sure tho

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

geof101 wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
So you either got the pic from somewhere else or you're one if those people that can't stick with one res #Tongue
MRMIdAS wrote:
Irony is the Chinese mod scene complaining about leeches when they spent the last 10 years stripping mods of non-public assets and freely sharing them.
Humans are hippocrites. Wouldn't look into it more than that.
Although, if they rip the assets of Western mods for Eastern mods, it would be fair justice to rip off Eastern mods for Western mods.
It's only fair and square. And everything's fair in mods and mods. #Tongue

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
geof101 wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
So you either got the pic from somewhere else or you're one of those people that can't stick with one res #Tongue

Obviously that pic is from Xuetianyi AND judging by the amount of squares on the sidebar is 1280x768, not sure why either of those matter and frankly  you're coming off as kind of a dick.

TAK02 wrote:
Humans are hypocrites. Wouldn't look into it more than that.
Although, if they rip the assets of Western mods for Eastern mods, it would be fair justice to rip off Eastern mods for Western mods.
It's only fair and square. And everything's fair in mods and mods. #Tongue

"An eye for an eye will leave everyone blind."

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Obviously that pic is from Xuetianyi AND judging by the amount of squares on the sidebar is 1280x768, not sure why either of those matter and frankly  you're coming off as kind of a dick.
Wow, didn't know asking for a good resolution nowadays is immediately considered being a d***.
If that's the case then everyone asking or having problem and reporting it here is a d*** too. How come PPM still has active users that haven't been banned for being what you call "dick" then?
4StarGeneral wrote:
"An eye for an eye will leave everyone blind."
If we're talking corpreal matter, yes. Data/SHPs/VXLs, no. They aren't as delicate as eyes. Wink But to each his own.

But yes: don't rip, and don't get ripped.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
So you either got the pic from somewhere else or you're one if those people that can't stick with one res

Is what I was talking about, like you're accusing him of stealing the image or something or there's something wrong with changing resolutions.

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
So you either got the pic from somewhere else or you're one if those people that can't stick with one res

Is what I was talking about, like you're accusing him of stealing the image or something or there's something wrong with changing resolutions.

Also my fault for not giving credit for the picture that I took from the author's page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon