Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Delaying between infantry walking out of barrack
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ForceDot
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:  Delaying between infantry walking out of barrack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are some delaying between infantry walking out of barracks. Making infantry produced cannot walk out of barrack, result in lesser number that being clicked. This often have problem when producing primary infantry such as conscript or GI.

The question is, did it possible to adjust this delay? Or could we disable it, Barrack don't have open door animation(as war factory do) anyway.

Try AI Myth mod and You'll stunned with the Myth! Very Happy

---My channel Smile---

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The delay is the time the produced infantry needs to walk from the point where it spawned defined by ExitCoord= to the hardcoded rally point.

example how it works in TS (no clue if the same in RA2/YR/Ares)
Spoiler (click here to read it):
ExitCoord works for every foundation whose Y-Dimension is 2 or smaller (e.g. 5x2, 4x2, 3x1 ...)

bright grey is for the respective bigger foundation (e.g. 4x3 and 3x3 have the same exitpoint)
Red is for NODBarracks=yes
Yellow for GDIBarracks=yes
In the cases where ExitCoord works, it only changes the location where infantry is spawned (the start of the red/yellow arrows). The rally point (the peak of the arrows) is again hardcoded and can't be changed.

So if you define ExitCoord on the opposite side of the building than the rally point, the delay will be the time the infantry needs to walk once all around the building to the rally point which can be very long.

If you define ExitCoord to be exactly on the rally point cell, then in theory the delay would be 0.

Though, personally i find the way it works ok and as a player you just have to build a second barrack to produce faster.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It wouldn't be balance/fair if BuildTime is too short

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As we know something like this happens to soviets when insufficient numbers of factories, but with the pendoor animation. Allies don't have such animation and thus can produce vehicles without this problem. This is specially noticeable in "fast" maps where if as soviets you queue two war miners on a single factory, only one will come out. Even with two factories if you queue three, only two will come out. You need three or more factories to ensure all vehicles come out.

In barracks, does having an extra barracks help with the obstruction, or is it irrelevant here?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember 'testing' this (it was a modded pirated DeeZire mod, IIRC) and basically, buildspeed was ridiculously low.
The result:

War Factories are blocked until the fresh tank is off the WF's foundation (haven't been able to confirm when exactly, but IIRC it didn't matter if the WF had a door or not)
Barracks will spam. The same goes to ship yards, as these are, IIRC, coded a little differently so as to function like a normal WF (aside from Naval=yes, I mean.)

Again, this is from memory, so feel free to call me a retard.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
ForceDot
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
I remember 'testing' this (it was a modded pirated DeeZire mod, IIRC) and basically, buildspeed was ridiculously low.
The result:

War Factories are blocked until the fresh tank is off the WF's foundation (haven't been able to confirm when exactly, but IIRC it didn't matter if the WF had a door or not)
Barracks will spam. The same goes to ship yards, as these are, IIRC, coded a little differently so as to function like a normal WF (aside from Naval=yes, I mean.)

Again, this is from memory, so feel free to call me a retard.

Actually, I'm looking for the solution to reduce this delay and from your post, the "Naval yard" method looks interesting.

In Naval yard there is no animation and no need to walk out of structure zone, unit will just appear out somewhere around the yard. So there will be no limit.

But could we make war factory (which produce both land and air) and barracks(and also cloning vats) do the same as naval yard? What's the coding that could make this work?

---My channel Smile---

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WeaponsFactory=yes
units exit to southeast from the center cell using dooranim on the factory

WeaponsFactory=no
units spawn on a free cell next to the factory

Barracks use WeaponsFactory=no by default (*). Thus no speed up for you here.
Though read my previous post, the answer is written there.

(*) TI Hall of Faith is afaik the only barrack using WeaponsFactory=yes to get the door anim work on a barrack.

Public SHPs

Tools

ForceDot
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I make WeaponsFactory=no and find unit still spawn inside building(just exit in random direction) and rally point no longer work.

---My channel Smile---

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think (I.E. this is completely bollocks) I get it: WeaponsFactory=yes, NODBarracks=yes, GDIBarracks=yes (and ThirdBarracks=yes) will force the Techno to spawn on a cell of the building's foundation.

If all of them are no (which is already the def, IIRC), then the Techno is should be spawned off the foundation.

But the only 'delay' is during the Techno's exit of the WeaponsFactory.
Dunno why or how, but I'm 100% sure the door anims play no effect on this. Think of the WF having a "cool-down"-timer before it can spawn the next Techno.
Until the "timer" expires the WF is considered blocked, as can be seen when you have multiple factories and start building a bunch of tanks (which build at too high speeds for the "timer" to run out for one or more WF).
You should see how the next tank spawns at the first non-busy WF (the order is worth looking at: I've been able to confirm the production/queue order is identical to the order these things were built. I'm not sure how capture plays into this, but I imagine it's added at the end of the "list").

This imagenary timer runs out after a specific time after the tank's off the foundation, the time which may or may not be set to 0.

Again, this is from memory, so call me retarded.

@ForceDot: What's the FactoryType?Have you tried adjusting/playing with ExitCoord?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ForceDot wrote:
I make WeaponsFactory=no and find unit still spawn inside building(just exit in random direction) and rally point no longer work.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Though read my previous post, the answer is written there.

Lin Kuei Ominae on the previous post wrote:
If you define ExitCoord to be exactly on the rally point cell, then in theory the delay would be 0.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon