Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Building is Offset and bugged! can't fix
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Junior
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:  Building is Offset and bugged! can't fix
Subject description: Please fix My SHP!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys,

Thanks to MedalMonkey for this awesome SHP file, but i can't seem to get it work properly in game.

I have tried everything that I know to try to fix this issue.

Not only that, but when it builds choppers, they aren't selectable by a rectangle, and have to click on the SPECIFICALLY. once moved off the pad, they are selectable normally, it seems to clash with thebuilding some how.

Also, when i move them off, they land where i told them to ,then move a 2nd time and land. THEN I can build another chopper and then they move as expected.

Code:
[SOVHELI]
Remapable=yes
Cameo=SOVHELICAM
Foundation=2x2
Flat=yes
Layer=ground
ZShapePointMove=30,30
Buildup=SOVHELIMK
Height=1
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
NewTheater=no
ActiveAnim=SHELIPAD
ActiveAnimDamaged=SHELIPAD_D
CanHideThings=True
CanBeHidden=False
;OccupyHeight=1
DamageFireOffset0=-1,16

Code:
[SOVHELI]
UIName=NOSTR:Soviet Helipad
Name=Soviet Helipad
BuildCat=Tech
Prerequisite=NACNST
Strength=600
Armor=wood
Adjacent=2
TechLevel=5
Sight=5
Helipad=yes
AIBasePlanningSide=1
Cost=500
Points=70
Power=-10
Factory=AircraftType
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
Capturable=true
Crewed=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=4
ThreatPosed=0
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
DamageSmokeOffset=75,270,140
AIBuildThis=yes
HasStupidGuardMode=false

Ive messed with:

Flat=
Layer=
Height=

with no luck. I have also tried to mess with "ZShapePointMove=" and it either does nothing, or completely dissapears.

It's probably something really simple but i've no idea anymore.

Thanks all for your time!

P.S. This is a private mod and this file has been granted permision as per the forum to use privately.

how to fix.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.36 KB
 Viewed:  1381 Time(s)

how to fix.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

open the SHPs in SHP Builder and center them correct (nudge it the necessary amount of pixel down in the canvas).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't use non-flat airfield/helipad design to dock as the aircraft will be created/land on the ground level and in this case, inside the building (instead of on top)  even when you correct the shp building grid positioning.

Junior
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Makes perfect sense, both options helped!

Thank you so much!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
You can't use non-flat airfield/helipad design to dock as the aircraft will be created/land on the ground level and in this case, inside the building (instead of on top)  even when you correct the shp building grid positioning.

you can move the image so far down in the canvas, that the landing pad is in the center of the 2x2 foundation, not the base of the building. Then it visually looks like the aircraft is landing on top of it (if the entire building is put into the BibShape and rendered flat).
You just have to make sure there isn't too much of the base going far south outside of the foundation.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While aircraft always land on the ground, you can move the docking offset to where ever you want (even outside of the building's foundation). So you can make it look like the aircraft has landed higher up then it really has.  

The only issue being that when ground units fire at aircraft on the pad they wont shoot upward etc because the aircraft is actually at the same height.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Junior
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you guys for your help once again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon