Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am
All times are UTC + 0
Odd Nod mission 6 (capture Umagon) bug
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:  Odd Nod mission 6 (capture Umagon) bug Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have original CD Tiberian Sun installation, plus TS Retro Mod. For some weird reason, after beating either one of the two missions where you have to capture Umagon, instead of the map of the assault on the Mutant base using GDI units, the previous map of capturing the train station before Umagon arrives plays! In the pause menu, the mission objectives for assaulting the Mutant base show, but, its still the capture Umagon mission map that you're playing! I ALREADY PLAYED THIS MAP! Specifically its the train station map that plays, the one where you only get one artillery.

Its very strange. I modified the battle.ini file to be able to access all missions. I also downloaded save game files. But for whatever reason Nod MIssion 6C I believe (Sheep's Clothing) if you try to launch it using modified battle.ini file it always loads as Nod Mission Capture Umagon. When I loaded the save game that the player made when he was about to finish the mission, I restart the mission, and it always loads the Nod Mission Capture Umagon.

Dafuq?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you have the original files
you have your modified files
compare them
find the difference
fix the bug (worst case by undoing all your changes one by one and test each time to find the problem)

I assume it's either
-the map
-some messed up global variables
-renamed units and thus broken trigger
-changed global values like Paranoid=yes to no, which are known to cause strange sideeffects
or some other stuff

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that Retro had some compatibility issues with campaign, but it shouldn't cause behavior like this. Have you looked at nod06a.map?

Based on your description I would suggest that "Capture Umagon" map is duplicated as nod06a.map or missing entirely.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh, it's more odd than you think. I try to load up a saved game file of the sheep's clothing mission I downloaded, game says insert CD 1! It wants me to use the GDI CD for a nod mission? DAFUQ? So I do that, and it does load the mission, the author who saved this mission file had done so at the very end of his playthru, so, the map loads with his save file, and he's already conquered the whole map. Then I restart, and it says "Unable to Read Scenario"! And it loads the mission but the units are LITERALLY FLIPPING AROUND IN CIRCLES!

... DA... FUUUCK?

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I would suggest using free TS Client, it includes whole TS and has many critical bugs fixed.
But if you want it to be compatible with Retro, you will probably have to spend some time to get it work.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The odd thing is, the missions all constitute "6". Even though it should be, mission 6a or 6b, its actually 6a 6b 6c, 6a being the actually Sheep's Clothing mission. b & c being the two capture umagon missions.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Under [Basic] in all SP maps, I use OneTimeOnly=yes, SkipMapSelect=yes, SkipScore=yes and list all missions in battle(fs).ini.

Attaching the battlefs.ini that I used to use, may be 15+ years ago, that has all missions listed.

battlefsAllMissions.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  battlefsAllMissions.zip
 Filesize:  1.93 KB
 Downloaded:  9 Time(s)

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yah I tested ur saves out. I load up Sheep's CLothing, you have it saved right at the end of the match, your army has conquered whole map. So I pause, and Restart, to actually play the mission. Aaaaaand it LOADS UP CAPTURE UMAGON MISSION Train station one! DAMMIT! WHYYYY!>??

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For me save/load and restart the missions work properly. You can't use it for campaign progression but only to play a single mission at a time. That is why every SP map has to be edited with a text editor and put with the changes mentioned for the [Basic] section.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know multiple rule edits were made throughout my campaign progress, from first mission to current 6, but nothing that you would think would break the mechanics of the campaign mission progression. All I did was unit edits, just simple stats change, no GFX additions nothing. Although, come to think of it, I also ended up deleting my AI.ini, as I belive it was the culprit for causing some internal errors while I was playing mission 6 capture train station. So after deleting the AI.ini, I load up my save half way thru that mission, then restart, play fresh, so that you'd think no errors would occur as the game is different now. And I finally beat that mission.

And then I couldn't go to the next mission, even though the map screen showed that I was to select the next mission, I click it and the game would reload the train station mission, but I pause game and click restate briefing and it is the briefing for the intended mission, not the one that loaded.... and the thing that really pisses me off is that, even with other people's save games, and this mission select menu from Elite, I load up and restart and IT STILL WOULD ALWAYS RESET TO THE ztyping TRAIN MAP instead of the actual use-GDI-units-to-attack-mutant-headquarters mission, if I tried to pick that mission. All the other missions work.

God damn. ztyping weird. I figure I have no choice but to start a new game, right from mission one.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you modified the map files as mentioned earlier? That battlefs.ini has to be used with map modifications. Open the map files in text editor like of nod6a.map, nod6b.map, nod6c.map and find [Basic] section and change OneTimeOnly=yes and SkipMapSelect=yes. When those are set in the map file, it will lead you to the main menu after the mission finishes. So there is no chance of making mistakes or jumping to other missions. Select the next mission from the campaign menu.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon