Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
Game does not accept custom AIMD.INI
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:  Game does not accept custom AIMD.INI
Subject description: I think I got a problem.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, to get straight to the point: My game seems to dislike custom aimd.ini, since it refuses to obey the new scripts.

A few days ago, I tried to edit my aimd file to add a new attack force consiating of custom tanks from my private mod, following Banshee's guide on the front page. Since then, the AI (easy, medium, brutal) refuses to take any orders/scripts from this file, only doing the very basic like base building, miner building and the infantry patrol on the base. No attack groups nor defense groups.

I tested with other custom aimd (like G-E AI Myth) and got the same result.
I evem tried to clone and edit a vanilla tasktorce, script, teamtype and the fourth complicated one full of numbers, and guess what, same result.

I spent about 1 hour waiting for AI to take any action, and it stood there, doing nothing.

EDIT: Removing the custom aimd "solves" the problem.

Any ideas on what could be the problem? Any speculation is appreciated!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it work if you just copy the normal AImd.ini file to the directory?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Does it work if you just copy the normal AImd.ini file to the directory?
Yes, it seems to be working just fine

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't play with AI as allies to the player while testing. Don't use other mods aimd files as those would have used their own units which will cause problems.

Use latest AI Editor.

PPM main page AI tutorial is too old. Refer/search in ModEnc which has updated info.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What does the AICHECK script say about it? Could be you have something set wrong with the triggers?

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Don't play with AI as allies to the player while testing. Don't use other mods aimd files as those would have used their own units which will cause problems.

Use latest AI Editor.

PPM main page AI tutorial is too old. Refer/search in ModEnc which has updated info.

A) never played with allies when testing, just free for all.
B ) using "modded" aimd seems to be the problem, further testing is required.
C) damn, this app is a god's gift! Got a few minutes to get used to it, and is working great so far!
D) So... Is there any other aimd tutorial somewhere? Or ModEnc is my only ally?

G-E wrote:
What does the AICHECK script say about it? Could be you have something set wrong with the triggers?

I was unable to make AICHECK work, maybe Im too dumb for it, but my custom script seemed to be the problem, cus when I opened AI Editor, it just
NO, WRONG, CLOSING
And after deleting my custom things, it worked just fine.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mainly you would like to read about Scripts and AITriggers. For teamtype attributes, just search for those in ModEnc.

If still having questions, ask here. If it is not too old search here at PPM as well.

In AI Editor, it would be easy to copy an already existing entry in the left panel and rename (by double click or F2) and then modify on the right panel. That way you can change only the needed values.

While testing, set the 3 weights to 5000 in AITrigger so that team is produced soon in the game and when testing is over set those to lower values like others.

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Mainly you would like to read about Scripts and AITriggers. For teamtype attributes, just search for those in ModEnc.

If still having questions, ask here. If it is not too old search here at PPM as well.

In AI Editor, it would be easy to copy an already existing entry in the left panel and rename (by double click or F2) and then modify on the right panel. That way you can change only the needed values.

While testing, set the 3 weights to 5000 in AITrigger so that team is produced soon in the game and when testing is over set those to lower values like others.

This AI Editor made everything so much easier, damn. Everything is working almost perfectly except for a few weird crashes wich needs the classic trial and error.

Question: Setting the weight values at a very high number makes the AI spawm attacks? Or there is something else I need to edit?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The higher the weights, the higher the likelyhood of that team being produced over others. Then the team follows its script, if it is set to attack, then it will attack. Usually the starting weights are set in the range of 30 to 70 for generic triggers, so that a single team is not produced repetitively. Depending on success/failure of that team, the weights are changed in game between the defined min and max weights. Only special cases use 500 or 5000 weights which gets higher importance.

If you want frequent attacks, then lower the values of TeamDelays in rulesmd and give more money in MultiplayerAICM to produce teams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon