Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Test Explosion
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
god_l1k31
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:  Test Explosion Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my 1st attempt of creating explosion animation.
I'm aware of the weird blacky outline. (the blue from the Gif is grey in-game)

GIF.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.93 KB
 Viewed:  3787 Time(s)

GIF.gif

SCRN.20180715-134413-00832.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  122.62 KB
 Viewed:  3787 Time(s)

SCRN.20180715-134413-00832.jpg

TestExplosion.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TestExplosion.rar
 Filesize:  844.98 KB
 Downloaded:  307 Time(s)

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You shoulda made own palette than use the one from my old pack so suffer less visual loss.

god_l1k31
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew how to do that in the past but it seems i 've forgotten how to...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks a little too much like fireworks where there's a seemingly random cluster of explosions away from the middle.

Also the smoke frames develop way too slowly after the explosions, I know the explosion must be much faster, but TS/RA2 are on a much faster time scale, and things need to dissipate faster. By doing so you'll also see less of the offensive black smoke.

On a side note, the smoke should start floating upwards immediately after the explosion not keep drifting away sideways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!