Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Nearly Re-implemented Campaign mode*
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:  Nearly Re-implemented Campaign mode* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings!

I have nearly fully restored the YR campaign mode, prior to my Mod's release. After extensive testing, I have fully restored the Allied campaign, as well as most of the Soviet campaign.

There are two (yes, only two!) hurdles left:

-Soviet mission 6 (the moon): upon starting the mission, the game does it's standard sequence prior to battlefield control being established. It does the usual, introduce the magnetron, and before battlefield control is enabled, POOF!!-A sudden instant victory at the 40 second mark. It is for this reason the mission is effectively skipped, and I have no idea why.

-Soviet mission 2: I have made a previous topic on this, although still await help on this. The issue is to do with the starting soviet units not properly entering the map, and the reinforcements Not arriving at all. The mission is still possible to win with what very small force is available, although with some difficulty (see my other thread on this).

Any assistance on these 2 issues would be appreciated, and greatly speed up the release of the New Horizons mod!

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly Re-implemented Campaign mode* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lee3y wrote:
Soviet mission 6 (the moon): upon starting the mission, the game does it's standard sequence prior to battlefield control being established. It does the usual, introduce the magnetron, and before battlefield control is enabled, POOF!!-A sudden instant victory at the 40 second mark. It is for this reason the mission is effectively skipped, and I have no idea why.
Rechk the win trigger, and have it be seperate from the win conditions.
I got something similar, and, it might be just me tho, it turned out RA2 doesn't really like win conditions and win actions being in the same trigger

Destroyed, Buildings, All => enable disabled trigger WinTrigger

(have the win condition fire the win-trigger instead of having the Win-action with the win condition)

Of course, if they're already seperate, then I have no idea what's going on. Especially when the win-condition trigger is enabled at the start of the mission.

If the above doesn't fix it, please open a new thread with the trigger clear Wink
Personally, I'd make a blank map with the same presets as the original (houses, etc) and then open the map in question with Notepad/Notepad++. Then copy-paste [Trigger(s)], [Action(s)], [Event(s)], etc. into the blank map (also via Notepad), save and put the blanko map here. That way rippers won't get the detailed map, and we still get to fix it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly Re-implemented Campaign mode* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Lee3y wrote:
Soviet mission 6 (the moon): upon starting the mission, the game does it's standard sequence prior to battlefield control being established. It does the usual, introduce the magnetron, and before battlefield control is enabled, POOF!!-A sudden instant victory at the 40 second mark. It is for this reason the mission is effectively skipped, and I have no idea why.
Rechk the win trigger, and have it be seperate from the win conditions.
I got something similar, and, it might be just me tho, it turned out RA2 doesn't really like win conditions and win actions being in the same trigger

Destroyed, Buildings, All => enable disabled trigger WinTrigger

(have the win condition fire the win-trigger instead of having the Win-action with the win condition)

Of course, if they're already seperate, then I have no idea what's going on. Especially when the win-condition trigger is enabled at the start of the mission.

If the above doesn't fix it, please open a new thread with the trigger clear Wink
Personally, I'd make a blank map with the same presets as the original (houses, etc) and then open the map in question with Notepad/Notepad++. Then copy-paste [Trigger(s)], [Action(s)], [Event(s)], etc. into the blank map (also via Notepad), save and put the blanko map here. That way rippers won't get the detailed map, and we still get to fix it.

Dude, he's restoring the original YR campaign, if rippers want that, it's on their disk.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I followed this guide on vanilla YR and THEN make my mod and there is no outstanding problem. You should have done it in that order too.
OR you may want to read trigger by trigger to figure out what caused the problem.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Nearly Re-implemented Campaign mode* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
he's restoring the original YR campaign, if rippers want that, it's on their disk.

"Restoring" AFAIK means re-doing it from scratch entirely and/or improving upon the original (sometimes to the point where going back to the original isn't possible anymore without heavy mods. I'm talking triggers here, not terrain).
cxtian39 wrote:
I followed this guide on vanilla YR and THEN make my mod and there is no outstanding problem. You should have done it in that order too.

That guide is for BuildingTypes' listing, and, from what I understood, the problem is independent of Buildings (correct me if I'm wrong, but the buildings those non-functioning triggers COULD use are in the middle of the array).
BUT: it's possible Lee3y added new Buildings in the middle/beginning of the list, hence the mess. Though that means problems should've arised elsewhere too, not just those two missions.
cxtian39 wrote:
OR you may want to read trigger by trigger to figure out what caused the problem.
I find that's the best method of finding errors #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Nearly Re-implemented Campaign mode* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
MRMIdAS wrote:
he's restoring the original YR campaign, if rippers want that, it's on their disk.

"Restoring" AFAIK means re-doing it from scratch entirely and/or improving upon the original (sometimes to the point where going back to the original isn't possible anymore without heavy mods. I'm talking triggers here, not terrain).

That's re-imagining or "upgrading" "Restoring" means "putting back what once was" so he's modded the game, found it broke campaign, and is now putting it back.

like how people restore the old buildings from the RA2 Beta.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly Re-implemented Campaign mode* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
MRMIdAS wrote:

That's re-imagining or "upgrading" "Restoring" means "putting back what once was" so he's modded the game, found it broke campaign, and is now putting it back.

like how people restore the old buildings from the RA2 Beta.

Hi guys thank you all for the replies, and yes MRMIdAS you are correct I am trying to restore the original campaign in it's original functionality. I have changed many aspects of the game, but it was my intention to leave the campaign mode alone as it was, the changes I've made to other aspects will bring their own uniqueness to the campaign anyway.

So back to the topic; I'm extracting the moon mission map and searching for the event triggers to hopefully isolate the trigger/event that includes an instant-win feature. Can anyone help me identify it? I understand each trigger has a number that will refer to one thing (such as the action of 'Win').

I followed the advice on the previous thread about restoring the campaign, and my only experience of messing with the mission map events was following the advice there, changing the building numbers...

Thanks in advance!

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly Re-implemented Campaign mode* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lee3y wrote:
I'm extracting the moon mission map and searching for the event triggers to hopefully isolate the trigger/event that includes an instant-win feature. Can anyone help me identify it? I understand each trigger has a number that will refer to one thing (such as the action of 'Win').

Wait, are you reading the mission triggers straight from the map's code witout using FinalAlert?

In any case, we can't really help you if we have no files/text to go off of. So kindly put those two missions you had trouble with up here.
As LKO said: "we don't have a magical crystal ball"

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 6th Soviet mission is won by the Houses "America", "Korea" and "Yuri" all not owning any Bio Reactors, Barracks, War Factories, Conyards or Yuri's Command Center (the mission ends after a delay). Probably the houses are wrong (trigger has wrong houses, or bases belong to wrong house), or most likely the BuildingTypes list is somehow messed up, as the triggers use "Building does not exist", and that uses a list index to select structure.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Nearly Re-implemented Campaign mode* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Lee3y wrote:
I'm extracting the moon mission map and searching for the event triggers to hopefully isolate the trigger/event that includes an instant-win feature. Can anyone help me identify it? I understand each trigger has a number that will refer to one thing (such as the action of 'Win').

Wait, are you reading the mission triggers straight from the map's code witout using FinalAlert?

In any case, we can't really help you if we have no files/text to go off of. So kindly put those two missions you had trouble with up here.
As LKO said: "we don't have a magical crystal ball"

Ah thanks for asking, yes I was digging trying to find the answer in the map's code, but I may also try finding it using FA (although I don't have much experience using FA specifically for map based triggers).

I understand where you're coming from, but the reason I didn't upload anything is because I'm literally just checking and using the standard mission map files which I have extracted, and if I uploaded it I would be putting something up that everybody already has.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agent Z wrote:
The 6th Soviet mission is won by the Houses "America", "Korea" and "Yuri" all not owning any Bio Reactors, Barracks, War Factories, Conyards or Yuri's Command Center (the mission ends after a delay). Probably the houses are wrong (trigger has wrong houses, or bases belong to wrong house), or most likely the BuildingTypes list is somehow messed up, as the triggers use "Building does not exist", and that uses a list index to select structure.

Now That is very interesting and is something I can check into. I Have re-done the structures list, and have had to again restructure the list to fix other parts of the campaign, it hadn't crossed my mind that it would cause an instant win but if the trigger is That specific then I will go over it and check it soon (within the next 24hrs). -The buildings and houses do still exist btw Smile

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for advice so far guys, I have so far restored mission 6 (the moon mission).

I shall follow other advice with regards to the issue in mission 2, by opening it up in FA to see what I can find.

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have read your post about the 2nd soviet mission.
No idea about your forces not coming into the map,maybe something wrong in their scripts.
As for the MCV,is the "reinforcement has arrived"EVA event played?If so,then maybe it's another script problem as above,'cause the trigger is working correctly(I guess).If not,then maybe there is problem with the Houses,as the trigger is using Event 11-when German1,German2 and German3 have lost all their forces and buildings,fire the trigger.Do you add new Countries for your mod?IIRC new countries can cause problem when starting a vanilla mission.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the problem with the forces is that a few of the units stop just beyond the area you can click to select them, then I would recommend moving the waypoints they move towards 1-2 cells away from the border of the map. That fixed it for me when fixing the original campaign.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the advice comrades!

I have fixed both missions!  Smile

Building list caused mission 6 issue, and I resolved mission 2 in FA; Agent Z I just read your message but fortune would have it that's already exactly what I've done and it worked! Also yes the 'reinforcements have arrived' EVA would occur, but again, I moved the waypoints further into the map slightly.

*Resolved!*

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon