Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The next Ares
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 5 [223 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about fixing a bug where once you train a jumpjet infantry, Cloning Vats won't produce any more clones? Yes it will produce the cloned jumpjet infantry but the next infantry that will be trained won't produce a clone anymore. It can be solve by selling Cloning Vats then rebuilding again but of course the bug will happen again once you train a jumpjet infantry.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cloning is buggy. Cloning is still functioning when the building is temporary erased.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chr0nicz420 wrote:
Yes it will produce the cloned jumpjet infantry but the next infantry that will be trained won't produce a clone anymore.
If it's the same issue that i'm thinking of right now, then it happens because infantry doesn't move from the spawn point, blocking the spot so new clones can't be produced.
If you manually make them move away then the spot will be freed and next infantry will be able to spawn normally (but unless you move it too, it will also stay there and block following clones).

TBH, i thought it happens only because of wrong cloning building setup, not because of jumpjet cloning.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible to let engineers fix and not still not capture advanced rubble you don't own, like civilian buildings? I realize it was originally made for trench logic, but it could be so much more if it were repairable by anyone without having to be mind controlled as a workaround.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Would it be possible to let engineers fix and not still not capture advanced rubble you don't own, like civilian buildings? I realize it was originally made for trench logic, but it could be so much more if it were repairable by anyone without having to be mind controlled as a workaround.

Rubble.Destroyed.Owner=special + Rubble.Intact.Owner=neutral.

That way you can get the rubble fixed by any side. Last I used the tag (in 2015), it was pretty much that engi fixed the rubble to 1% building then you had to send it in another time to capture it thenafter. Sounds like the option you want. I used this for rebuildable tech buildings.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I swear I had tried Rubble.Destroyed.Owner=special but whatever, it works, thank you! I had made rubble versions of every civilian building but this was stopping me from finishing it.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trees should be considered as land targets by Land/NavalTargeting and probably other targeting mode

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mevitar wrote:
chr0nicz420 wrote:
Yes it will produce the cloned jumpjet infantry but the next infantry that will be trained won't produce a clone anymore.
If it's the same issue that i'm thinking of right now, then it happens because infantry doesn't move from the spawn point, blocking the spot so new clones can't be produced.
If you manually make them move away then the spot will be freed and next infantry will be able to spawn normally (but unless you move it too, it will also stay there and block following clones).

TBH, i thought it happens only because of wrong cloning building setup, not because of jumpjet cloning.

Sorry for the late response. Anyway I tested it out today and unfortunately no clones are actually spawning after I trained a jumpjet infantry then moving the cloned jumpjet infantry at another location immediately right after its spawn. So far my best solution for this is to make all of my jumpjet infantry Cloneable=no.

I don't know if I can suggest here regarding on expanding AttachEffect. How about a certain AttachEffect only affects on certain TechnoTypes for damaging warheads? For example, a warhead with 100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,75%,100%,25%,100%,100% and has a negative buff AttachEffect like armor reduction or speed reduction but that AttachEffect will work on VehicleTypes but not on InfantryTypes and BuildingTypes. I guess I'll just dismiss this and I'll just stick to creating a dummy weapon for AttachEffect either on Splits or on secondary weapon with NoAmmoWeapon logic.

Last edited by chr0nicz420 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can already make a weapon use 2 different warheads using Splits. Use one for targeting/damage & another for the AttachEffect.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
You can already make a weapon use 2 different warheads using Splits. Use one for targeting/damage & another for the AttachEffect.

I'm about to dismiss my post anyway because what I was about to do is freakishly complicated but yes I know about that since IIRC you suggested me about a makeshift of doing 2 animations on 1 warhead. However what I was about to test is on cxtian's Lightning Storm weapon.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chr0nicz420 wrote:
mevitar wrote:
chr0nicz420 wrote:

Sorry for the late response. Anyway I tested it out today and unfortunately no clones are actually spawning after I trained a jumpjet infantry then moving the cloned jumpjet infantry at another location immediately right after its spawn. So far my best solution for this is to make all of my jumpjet infantry Cloneable=no.

Does the Cloning Facility have any of GDIBarracks=yes, NODBarracks=yes, YuriBarracks=yes, or WeaponsFactory=yes set?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

Does the Cloning Facility have any of GDIBarracks=yes, NODBarracks=yes, YuriBarracks=yes, or WeaponsFactory=yes set?

Nope.

...okay so I tried inserting GDIBarracks, NODBarracks, and YuriBarracks tags and jumpjet infantry cloning is working now. Thank you Alex.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new binary for testing is available (18.151.1207). It doesn't contain many new features, but at least some fixes for the features I broke recently.

Minor additions
  • Regression with cameos getting corrupted has been fixed
  • Regression of default ArmorTypes, Cursors and so on not being defined fixed
  • Regression with super weapons not allowed to fire into shroud fixed
  • Wrong default ripples value was used for IonCannon=yes
  • Check whether buildings are eligible before trying to clone
  • Operator= had no way to reset to not require a driver again. Works now.
  • Lots of internal changes

Speak Delays for Stealth and Subterranean Unit Detection
[AudioVisual]StealthSpeakDelay= (double - minutes, defaults to 0.0)
Minutes between EVA repeating the warning if a stealth unit has been detected.

[AudioVisual]SubterraneanSpeakDelay= (double - minutes, defaults to 0.0)
Minutes between EVA repeating the warning if a subterranean unit has been detected.

ReversedAs for customizing what unit is reversed
[TechnoType]ReversedAs= (TechnoType)
The optional type to override what a unit is reversed as. If not set, uses the actual unit type.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, ReversedAs= should add a lot more options, recolour units to that factions colours or make funky hybrid units. Could also make an interesting game mode or side feature where you have to reverse engineer enemy units to unlock your own.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
It does for me, but the building has a 1x1 foundation, which is why i mentioned that i thought it's just my bad building setup. #Tongue

I think 1x1 might actually be too small for a building to be able to spawn infantry properly.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Nice, ReversedAs= should add a lot more options, recolour units to that factions colours or make funky hybrid units. Could also make an interesting game mode or side feature where you have to reverse engineer enemy units to unlock your own.

Depends. If you want to have reversing as prerequisite, that would be easy to add. The most difficult part would be to decide whether it's any or all (that is, if you have two hypothetical ReversePrereqs=, would one of them unlock the thing, or would both be needed?). And where it would fit into the big graph in the docs (iow, should SecretLabs override it?). And someone would have to update that svg image in the docs again...

mevitar wrote:
I think 1x1 might actually be too small for a building to be able to spawn infantry properly.

That's what she said. Very Happy

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A mildly interesting new testing build is available (18.168.900).

Minor additions
  • Potentially fixed production cameos for observers

SW Timer Visibility by Stance
Can be used to distinguish between SWs that are important for the owning player or their allies to quickly see the charge state opposed to SWs the enemy doesn't have to or should not know about, and thus help reduce clutter in matches with many super weapons present.

[SuperWeapon]SW.TimerVisibility= (enum - owner,allies,team,enemy,others,all,none, defaults to all)
Defines the players that can see the super weapon timer, if ShowTimer=yes.

Unit Transports Ignoring Passenger Size
[UnitType]Passengers.BySize= (boolean, defaults to yes)
Whether passengers take space by respecting their Size= instead of taking up only one seat. Use no to enable transport units to hold as many as Passengers= passengers.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[SuperWeapon]SW.TimerVisibility=allies or team or enemy still shows for owner as well as the allies, team, or enemy. But set to enemy shows it to the enemy but not your allies, set to team sends it to your team but not your enemies, etc. So I think it's working as it should be?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I am lately testing stuff and reporting straight to AlexB in chat, I do not post here much, but I tested SW.TimerVisibility=owner and that works. I did not test other options

Also, Passengers.BySize=no worked for me.
I also tested those tags from older builds, new wave colorings, it worked and destroying bridge in one shot, that worked too.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Mikesari Itten
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, TimerVisibility works properly. It really solves many problems in FA!
PRAISE ALEXB! Laughing

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Passengers.BySize=no still checks SizeLimit against passenger size. I don't know whether this is good.
Also vehicle passengers are shown as a Red pip when inside Passengers.BySize=no transport and there is no way to alter that since Pip= doesn't apply to vehicles.
They originally show Blue-White-White pips so I wonder whether the color changing is intended.

Kerbiter
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about shift-LMB ordering that enqueues 5 units in a row? I posted in suggestions topic, but haven't got attention, as it seems.

Using MagicaVoxel to create voxel models :: Phobos YR Engine Extension

[img]https://raster.shields.io/endpoint.svg?url=https%3A%2F%2Fshieldsio-patreon.vercel.app%2Fapi%3Fusername%3Dkerbiter%26type%3Dpledges&style=flat[/img]

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Passengers.BySize=no still checks SizeLimit against passenger size. I don't know whether this is good.

You can change SizeLimit already.

cxtian39 wrote:
Also vehicle passengers are shown as a Red pip when inside Passengers.BySize=no transport and there is no way to alter that since Pip= doesn't apply to vehicles.
They originally show Blue-White-White pips so I wonder whether the color changing is intended.

That's because I just switch pip drawing modes, so they now render like all size-less passengers (like Bio Reactors). Changing this would be some more work, which would be possible, but also be useful, because I could recode that entire part of the function and optimize it a bit in one go.

Kerbiter wrote:
What about shift-LMB ordering that enqueues 5 units in a row? I posted in suggestions topic, but haven't got attention, as it seems.

Difficult to do, as it requires a network event to convey the fact this has been triggered to all other players.
edit: Changed the wording.

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was VeteranClass= and EliteClass= ever implemented? (https://github.com/Ares-Developers/Ares/wiki/allow-units-to-turn-into-other-units-upon-promotion)
I could of swore that I remember people playing with them, but it's been a long time and it's not mentioned in the documentation (or I'm blind).

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It hasn't been implemented, NPatch had unit transformation tho maybe that's what you are remembering.

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
It hasn't been implemented, NPatch had unit transformation tho maybe that's what you are remembering.
Thanks! I was probably just remembering discussions from before the transfer.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

That's because I just switch pip drawing modes, so they now render like all size-less passengers (like Bio Reactors). Changing this would be some more work, which would be possible, but also be useful, because I could recode that entire part of the function and optimize it a bit in one go.
So any chance for custom pips image #Tongue?

I think weapon effect should respect versus, OR, make it independent of versus, there has to be a way to make certain armor type unaffected by weapon effects caused by certain warhead
Option1: respect versus, weapon effect only applies to an armor types if it has non 0% versus against it.
Option2: independent of versus, Warhead->WeaponEffectsApplyTo=list of armor types

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking about custom pips, but it might not work as one would expect. It would be easy to use custom pips shape per type that shows them. That is, a transport would show a distinct set of images The other way around, that is, defining a new shape file per type, and every transport and building would show it would be more complex to code.

For the weapon effects, I see no better solution. A tag would have two or three settings like
  • Apply effect only if damage is dealt
  • Apply effect despite no damage being dealt
  • Apply effect only if Verses weren't 0%, even if no damage was dealt

A list of warhead types would not be a good option in my opinion, because it's a lot of typing, the maximum tag length is limited, and it's hard to change such a value in map files.

Writing this, I'm thinking of another solution. Will need some more thought, though.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And again another binary (18.181.1052). It's ten days old and I didn't yet get around writing up the announcement. This time it's... only minor things, as always.

Minor additions
  • No longer represent units using red pips when disabling passenger size checks
  • Support sizes other than 1 for the Gunner infantry pips

Animation for Tiberium Explosive
[AudioVisual]TiberiumExplosiveAnim= (animation)
Optional animation displayed when Tiberium contained in a unit explodes. TiberiumExplosiveWarhead needs not be set.

Buildings not repairable by Engineers
[BuildingType]EngineerRepairable= (boolean, defaults to Repairable)
Whether engineers can repair this building. If no, the building might still be repairable by the normal building repair (ClickRepairable=yes), but Engineers cannot be used to restore full health instantly.

Taunts tag format changed
Instead of containing %02i, taunts should now contain ~~.
This affects [Country]File.Taunt=.

But there's also another binary from yesterday, 18.191.808, which adds a few... more minor things.

Minor additions
  • Timers of "hidden" super weapon in missions were visible
  • One item doesn't make a list, so you also get this filler

Animation Damage using a Weapon
[Animation]Weapon= (Weapon)
The weapon used to deliver animation damage. If set, creates a projectile and detonates it immediately. The damage delivered is defined by the animation, not the weapon.
The weapon needs to be known to the game. If it isn't, you have to add it to the [WeaponTypes] list.

Note that animations without an owner still cannot apply certain effects that need an owner. Anims might hurt the firer, because they're ignorant of their owners, and some effects expecting owners might not work.

Build Time customization
[TechnoType]BuildTime.Speed= (double - minutes, defaults to [General]BuildSpeed)
The time in minutes it takes to produce an object which costs 1000 credits.
If set, buildings with Wall=yes don't get WallBuildSpeedCoefficient applied.

[TechnoType]BuildTime.Cost= (integer - credits, defaults to Cost)
If set, the build time is calculated as if this item cost this much, instead of using actual Cost.

For low power situations:

[TechnoType]BuildTime.LowPowerPenalty= (double - modifier, defaults to [General]LowPowerPenaltyModifier)
The penalty to apply to the build time in low power situations.

[TechnoType]BuildTime.MinLowPower= (double, defaults to [General]MinLowPowerProductionSpeed)
The minimum production speed when power is low.

[TechnoType]BuildTime.MaxLowPower= (double, defaults to [General]MaxLowPowerProductionSpeed)
The maximum production speed when power is low.

Behavior with multiple factories:

[TechnoType]BuildTime.MultipleFactory= (double - multiplier, defaults to [General]MultipleFactory)
The factor multiplied with the build time per additional factory of the same type.

The only thing missing is a tag that would set a fixed build time, working as if BuildTime.Cost, BuildTime.Speed, and BuildTimeMultiplier had been pre-calculated. Merging it with anything more would reduce functionality. Adding this would increase complexity for no gain. So I didn't add it.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The low power build times are a welcome addition Smile I dont have powered defenses in my mod so to keep power relevant I made production grind to a halt instead, I can customize & balance that now.

While on the subject of power tho, if you use PoweredBy= on a structure & it's built while you are at low power it will get stuck on the first frame of the buildup for the rest of the game or until it's sold/destroyed. Any chance of a fix for this so the structure isn't disabled until after the buildup is finished?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did a quick test on anim weapon:
EMP, AE apply
Shrapnel, airburst don't work
So I guess its purpose is merely to apply weapon effects via anims
I might test custom buildtime later.

EDIT: Test on MultipleFactory and it works as expect. It seems like to me the performance is downgraded already, when I set [General]->BuildTime to a small number like 0.1 for testing purpose, it significantly takes longer to build than the previous Ares version.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's another build, with a few fixes and only minor additions.

Minor additions
  • Changed SpyEffect.StolenMoneyPercentage from integer to float as documented
  • Only display passenger pips if PipScale is Passengers
  • Don't draw two pip scales if there are Passengers
  • PoweredBy no longer shuts down buildings while constructing or selling
  • Support building upgrades with FactoryOwners.HaveAllPlans
  • Check victim's height when deciding whether a parasite should drop to its death

Renamed FactoryOwners.HaveAllPlans to FactoryOwners.Permanent
The name of this tag was very suboptimal (in particular given this request).
Just replace the use of the old name with the new one.

FactoryOwners Have All Plans Impermanently
[BuildingType]FactoryOwners.HasAllPlans= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether this building provides plans for all factory types of the owner. If yes, this building acts like a factory of arbitrary objects, and thus satisfies FactoryOwner requirements of all object types (like FactoryOwners.Permanent, but temporarily).

Note that this is not the same name as HaveAllPlans.

New Veterancy SpyEffects
[BuildingType]SpyEffect.NavalVeterancy= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether Trainable=yes vehicles with Naval=yes will be produced as veterans.

[BuildingType]SpyEffect.AircraftVeterancy= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether Trainable=yes aircraft will be produced as veterans.

[BuildingType]SpyEffect.BuildingVeterancy= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether Trainable=yes buildings will be produced as veterans.

---

@cxtian39: I couldn't find any difference when comparing original and new code. I'll have to dig a little deeper an compare the output of both functions. Thanks for the hint.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

which number build is this? latest I can find is the 10th of this month

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, forgot to mention this. It's 18.204.602.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay Smile thank you for the PoweredBy fix.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay Smile thank you for the PipScale fix.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Only display passenger pips if PipScale is Passengers
Don't draw two pip scales if there are Passengers

These aren't working for me and I know I extracted the latest binary (18.204.602) into the folder. When I tested with passengers, for PipScale=MindControl with and without PipWrap no pips were drawn and with PipScale=Ammo AND PipWrap=5 there were 2 layers of pips on top of each other; the dots (passengers) and ammo. Without PipWrap though, it correctly only showed Ammo.

PipScale is working correctly now.

Last edited by 4StarGeneral on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares.dll in alex20.18.204.602.zip is labeled as version 18.191.808 - I assume it might've been incorrectly packaged with wrong DLL considering that most of the changes/additions (if not all) seem to not work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's exactly what happened. I uploaded the proper build. Thanks for the notice.

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the new Ares builds seem to have messed up Artillery barrage superweapons a little.

Instead of projectiles falling from the air, they now spawn on the ground.
This also causes the projectiles to spawn immediately instead of there being a short duration between falling & landing.

Can confirm it works on the old & stable ares. Did I miss anything?

Kerbiter
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to implement proper input handling for non-latin (especially cyrillic as it's the one that has this issue) charsets? What YR does is that it accepts cyrillic input and maps it to the extended latin section of the UTF-16 game.fnt, so in order to use Russian/Ukrainian/Serbian/Macedonian/other cyrillic language in chat players are forced to use latin-cyrillic transliteration or use a custom Windows-1251 game.fnt, which is in effect replaces the extended latin part with cyrillic, thus breaking the compatibility (meaning that one couldn't read extended latin than, online play is unaffected) with many latin-based languages. While I doubt one would really need both of them simultaneusly, that solution is hacky and bad.

Using MagicaVoxel to create voxel models :: Phobos YR Engine Extension

[img]https://raster.shields.io/endpoint.svg?url=https%3A%2F%2Fshieldsio-patreon.vercel.app%2Fapi%3Fusername%3Dkerbiter%26type%3Dpledges&style=flat[/img]

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, would it be possible to give a maximum limit to SpyEffect.StolenMoneyPercentage=

For example:
SpyEffect.StolenMoneyPercentage=50%
SpyEffect.MaxStolenMoney=10000

This would make spies less OP when used against AI for example.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just asking, if Jumping units in the same spot possible, just like in most video games, a character could jump with 'SPACE' just like in C&C Renegade.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why would you want units to jump up & down on the spot? You could replace the infantry's cheer anim with a jumping one.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another unstable binary for testing (18.206.1222). If this were another patch, this would be the Omega-3 Summer Edition.

Define a type being a fake of another
[TechnoType]FakeOf= (TechnoType, defaults to none)
If set, this type is used to calculate the price for the health and veterancy selection Keyboard Commands.

Cut Off Value for Animation Damage
[Animation]Damage.Threshold= (integer - hitpoints, defaults to 0)
The animation will accumulate its Damage= every frame as long as this threshold is not exceeded. If it is exceeded, damage will be applied.

Blocking Self Healing during Combat
[TechnoType]SelfHealing.CombatDelay= (integer - frames, defaults to 0)
Defines how long after an attack a unit will not be able to self heal.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow your on a roll! BTW if you need any more ideas #Tongue

Mig Eater wrote:
I'm still very interested in the AircraftDockIndex= we discussed awhile ago as a fix for Aircraft using BuildAt=. Any chance of that being added in the future?

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FakeOf & SelfHealing.CombatDelay seem to work perfectly on my end.
I don't fiddle around with animation damage that often so I won't be able to test that unfortunately.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another thing i really wanted to ask for years since i heard of renegade, is an air-stripe war factory type possible, i mean, when a unit is ready, a cargo plane para-drops the unit i built, i think nobody have ever had this idea before.. not sure

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All three seem to work as intended.
Tried some combinations of FakeOf, all gave the expected cost. Wouldn't it be easier to just use a "FakeCost" that takes an integer though?

SelfHealing delay seems to work (very useful feature), but does it work with self heal gained with veterancy? On second thought I guess doesn't have to since Ares got its own self healing tags that can be used for this. Also does "Combat" here mean just taking damage, or firing as well? My first thought was the latter, but I guess it is the former. Also, it seems repairing counts as combat at the moment. If an IFV repairs the unit during self heal, it will stop self healing.

Speaking of IFV, I see that the pips are now all gathered when it has more passengers, but they regain the gap when an infantry enters. Is this intentional?

The animation damage seems to work as intended. Could this perhaps also allow the threshold to be used only once, and after that one time the damage be applied every frame again?

ifv.png
 Description:
No infantry on the left, 1 infantry on the right. Original behaviour was that the first pip is always separate.
 Filesize:  10.65 KB
 Viewed:  4780 Time(s)

ifv.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
Another thing i really wanted to ask for years since i heard of renegade, is an air-stripe war factory type possible, i mean, when a unit is ready, a cargo plane para-drops the unit i built, i think nobody have ever had this idea before.. not sure

Paradrop factories where a feature in NPatch over 11 years ago, along with drop pod & chrono factories. It has been requested for Ares too a few times but not recently.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 5 [223 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon