Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Overlays make map white in finalsun
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TommaHawk1111
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:  Overlays make map white in finalsun Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I downloaded the latest TS client with final sun I've noticed that in any map I want to edit, anywhere there is an overlays it makes everything disappear. I can't see terrain or buildings. It's fine in game but it makes editing difficult. Anyone have a similar problem or know what causes this issue?

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Works fine for me, only issue I have encountered with FS were occasionally memory leaks when switching different program windows.

Back to your issue, it would be useful if you could make screenshot and upload it here.

TommaHawk1111
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've figured out part of it. It says overlays data pack or mappack missing. Know where to find the overlays data pack?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Overlay and overlay data pack are part of every map file.

The problem could be of file access privileges. If you have installed it in windows system folders like C:\Program files etc. then install in some other drive. Give admin privileges to the FinalSun.exe.

The problem could also be a graphical issue, if you are on Win8 or Win10. Try different compatibility settings for FinalSun.exe. There is also a Resources\FScompatfix.sdb file, I think TSClient sometimes asks whether to install that compatibility fix.

TommaHawk1111
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tried running as admin and changing compatibility, neither seem to work. I'll see if there is a download for the file you spoke of.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That compat fix file comes with TSClient and is in Resources folder.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
The problem could also be a graphical issue, if you are on Win8 or Win10. Try different compatibility settings for FinalSun.exe. There is also a Resources\FScompatfix.sdb file, I think TSClient sometimes asks whether to install that compatibility fix.

You can install or uninstall that compatibility fix directly from the client's options menu, so the file name isn't really relevant when helping people.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never used it, so didn't remember it. What does that actually do, what settings does it change?

Cannot open that file with ACT, gives error. If run at command line as - sdbinst FScompatfix.sdb, it still gives error as cannot open file. I don't know whether the problem is on my end with Win7.

Checked the source code of TSClient, it executes sdbinst and sets reg entry whether it is enabled or disabled for the button, it doesn't actually verify whether the compat setting was actually applied. So I wouldn't know whether some change took effect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon