Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Why does this keep happening?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Keanu113
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:  Why does this keep happening? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it seems when i resiezed voxels, the hva is somehow affected, like how i resized a tank with animated tracks, editing looks okay, but ingame the turret is displaced above like this.

what should i do to avoid this?
(i know your answer is going to be "don't resize it")
any other suggestions?

SCRN.20180824-193526-00637.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  351.56 KB
 Viewed:  808 Time(s)

SCRN.20180824-193526-00637.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is the possibilty that the HVA was saved incorrectly during or after the resize...

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try 2 things. First, reset the voxel bounds, for all sections of the voxel individually. Next, save a new HVA for the vehicle.

Once you get an understanding of how voxel bounds work, you shouldn't have any of these issues related to positioning.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Resizing with voxel bounds involves a positional component, a non-zero height (Y) could change turret's height with respect to the body.

Could use HVA Builder and resize it with the transformation. The diagonal 1s can be changed to say 0.8.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is silly, delete the hva and use voxel offset to set the tank body and turrent's notional centers, and voxel offset to move the turret just above... both with HVA Builder after you resized correctly in VXLSE.

Unless you are animating, there's no need to ever use the hva transforms.

PS. hva positional moves are absolute to the cell, unaffected by scale, voxel offsets are scaled with the overall voxel size change.

Keanu113
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
This is silly, delete the hva and use voxel offset to set the tank body and turrent's notional centers, and voxel offset to move the turret just above... both with HVA Builder after you resized correctly in VXLSE.

Unless you are animating, there's no need to ever use the hva transforms.

PS. hva positional moves are absolute to the cell, unaffected by scale, voxel offsets are scaled with the overall voxel size change.

how bout a helicopter also, the rotor is above the body of the voxel

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The same thing applies there as well. If it's too high 'up', use the y-axis voxel bounds to change where the top and bottom voxel layers will be, and it'll stretch as necessary. Change this for the rotor sections.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon