Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
KOMATSU 930E Truck
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
B.A.Znd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:  KOMATSU 930E Truck Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it made me crazy to build this vxl...

930E_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.09 MB
 Viewed:  9610 Time(s)

930E_000.gif

Ingame.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  315.33 KB
 Viewed:  9610 Time(s)

Ingame.png

930E.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  930E.zip
 Filesize:  1.16 MB
 Downloaded:  355 Time(s)

Shepherd Moons
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH! amazing work~

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is collosal . Great work on making the details . I think it would take 6 MCVs to fill in it's size

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3ds2vxl? Or handmade? That would've been a long time to make handmade! :O

B.A.Znd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
3ds2vxl? Or handmade? That would've been a long time to make handmade! :O

930.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  264.33 KB
 Viewed:  9550 Time(s)

930.gif

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're a madman. In a good way.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome , looks amazing.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How the-? Is spotlighting voxels still a thing? Cuz this is 200% spotlight material right here O_o Huge voxel, clear details, animated wheels, no overlapping issues, mostly handmade from scratch.

Tell us your secrets great master  Shocked

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How did he made it in bare hand?

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter wrote:
How the-? Is spotlighting voxels still a thing? Cuz this is 200% spotlight material right here O_o Huge voxel, clear details, animated wheels, no overlapping issues, mostly handmade from scratch.

Tell us your secrets great master  Shocked
S-s-s-s-sphotligt!!!!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
How did he made it in bare hand?

It's just a matter of time & effort...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a beautiful model, but I don't think it will be popular (or useful) in mods in such huge size. This is why I am not spotlighting it.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That voxel shows why the normal's system the game uses to render works great.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy crap that's one gigantic voxel model. Amazing graphics and amount of detail.

Banshee wrote:
It's a beautiful model, but I don't think it will be popular (or useful) in mods in such huge size. This is why I am not spotlighting it.

Oh so hypothetical future popularity is now a criterion for spotlight? It's hardly too large for RA2's default scale, after all these are one of the largest trucks in the world. Not to mention how inconsistent RA2's scale is anyway. If the modder deems it too large, (s)he can be scale it down by a simple modification of the voxel bounds.

This would also be perfect in OpenRA projects such as ReWire, which have a larger scale than most other mods. OpenRA also allows for individual voxel model scaling in-game.

I really cannot see why large size should prevent spotlighting Neutral

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Scale of it is honestly alright for RA2/YR. That's how big they are in RL aren't they. You can probably use this for "Mining Area" Decors...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Banshee wrote:

Oh so hypothetical future popularity is now a criterion for spotlight?

Honestly, why would we spotlight a voxel that won't be used in mods? Do you think that spotlighting work serves only to boost people's egos?

Crimsonum wrote:
It's hardly too large for RA2's default scale, after all these are one of the largest trucks in the world. Not to mention how inconsistent RA2's scale is anyway. If the modder deems it too large, (s)he can be scale it down by a simple modification of the voxel bounds.

This truck is indeed one of the biggest ones I've heard of in my life. And I agree that RA2's scale is messed up by default. But it has reached such scale that it might be weird to see one of those things moving in your game. You'd expect at least the big wheels to rotate and, as voxel, you won't be seeing that. Units of this size works better as SHPs. I also expect spotlighted voxels to be a bit more ready to used than requiring hard customizations.

But I agree with you guys when you say that this is a great work of art.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Honestly, why would we spotlight a voxel that won't be used in mods? Do you think that spotlighting work serves only to boost people's egos?

If that really is your criterion, you should delete about 90% of the current threads in the Spotlighted voxels subforum. Most of the voxels there are severely outdated and are far from today's standards. No one wants to use subpar voxels from 2005.

Crimsonum wrote:
You'd expect at least the big wheels to rotate and, as voxel, you won't be seeing that.

But the wheels do rotate @_@ He used HVA to animate them which works just fine in-game.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once a voxel is spotlighted, it won't loose its spotlight status, unless it was mistakenly spotlighted in first place.

Last edited by Banshee on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is masterpiece and scale is just fine

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
But the wheels do rotate @_@ He used HVA to animate them which works just fine in-game.

In this case, I have no arguments to not spotlight it.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

In this case, I have no arguments to not spotlight it, am i?

Should BAZND make the same quality but with a huge flagship or any vehicle?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should ask B.A.Znd, not me.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new spotlight, wow, I never thought it would still be possible Laughing

Congratulations B.A.Znd! Wink

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this is better the longer you look at it. Look at the details. And I don't mean only construction details, but it even has dirt and rust as an irregular texture. Just too good.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:
You'd expect at least the big wheels to rotate and, as voxel, you won't be seeing that.

Odd. I see multiple sections when opening with VXLSE, and each section is identical, except for the wheels, giving the illusion of rotation. But that doesn't make sense, does it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only one section is visible at any one time, the rest are hidden by shrinking them down. The game will then cycle through the sections making each one visible at a time like frames in a animation.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!