Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
How to properly make custom gates in TS (Using Sunedit 2k)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
metalinvader
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:  How to properly make custom gates in TS (Using Sunedit 2k)
Subject description: Custom gate I made won't allow itself to be built into walls.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made custom gates and walls in sunedit 2k and can't find a way to get them to build into walls. My custom walls weren't initially working properly but when I discovered that I had to add "GuardRange=[number]" to the custom rules.ini file that sunedit 2k can generate.

The gates I made, however, won't build into walls. Default NOD and GDI gates will, but gates I made for a custom 3rd faction won't at all. What do I have to do to make my custom gates (cloned from GDI gates) act exactly like normal gates?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ability to build into/ontop of walls is hardcoded to only work with the GDI [GAWALL] & NOD [NAWALL] walls, it's not possible to make it work with other types.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
[General]
:
GDIGateOne=GAGATE_A      ; these buildings affect nearby walls, so I need to know what they are
GDIGateTwo=GAGATE_B
WallTower=GACTWR
NodGateOne=NAGATE_A
NodGateTwo=NAGATE_B

there are no such keys for additional factions

P.S. don't use SunEdit2k. Use a text editor like Notepad++ to edit the inis.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy crap people are still using SE2K??? Very Happy

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Holy crap people are still using SE2K??? Very Happy

People use TibEd instead of Notepad/Wordpad too Wink
And TibEd instead of Notepad++ as well. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
metalinvader
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Sorry, ignorant here Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just downloaded from a website that said sunedit was an ESSENTIAL tool. It's made making new units and buildings REALLY easy. But if I should avoid that, I'll try to just mess with the inis themselves from now on.

Anyways. Is there a way to give GDI gates to a third faction without affecting the requirements for the gates? Since they require a barracks, and my third faction would not be using the standard GDI barracks but a cloned Hand of NOD.

EDIT: If "or" requirements are possible, that would be a lifesaver.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Replace with your the 3rd side/house names:

Code:
PrerequisiteBarracks=NAHAND,GAPILE,3rdSideBarracks

[GAGATE_A]
Prerequisite=BARRACKS
Owner=GDI,3rdHouseName

[GAGATE_B]
Prerequisite=BARRACKS
Owner=GDI,3rdHouseName

If needed change for [GAWALL] also the same way.

Don't use SE2K/Tibed for editing your INI files, if already used then compare those files with original to see if something is already messed up.

metalinvader
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Replace with your the 3rd side/house names:

Code:

[GAGATE_A]
Prerequisite=BARRACKS
Owner=GDI,3rdHouseName

[GAGATE_B]
Prerequisite=BARRACKS
Owner=GDI,3rdHouseName

If needed change for [GAWALL] also the same way.

Don't use SE2K/Tibed for editing your INI files, if already used then compare those files with original to see if something is already messed up.

Well thankfully I NEVER edited the originals. I would view the originals, and save any changes as a completely new rules.ini or whatever. Then instead of overwriting the original rules.ini I would import my edited one into finalsun so it only affects one map for testing purposes.

If I just add my custom 3rd faction (I'm just using mutants for it) into the owner of the gates, I'll gain access to them after I build my custom cloned hand of nod?

EDIT: Sorry, missed the first line in the code.

metalinvader
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've made my code like you instructed. The only difference is I'm using a modified Rules.ini file that I import into Finalsun instead of editing the default one. It seems that the GDI gates won't turn up after building my custom barracks. Even though I added "Mutant" to the owner line (I checked, my other buildings have that owner tag).[/code]

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are adding the code to the map then for the first line, use like

Code:
[General]

And make sure that there is no duplicate [General] section in the map.

When you say faction, don't know whether you have made a 3rd side in rules.ini or just a new house in the map. Can you show the code for new faction.

metalinvader
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When you refer to "in the map" do you mean in the .map file?

I just used the default "Mutant" side that's already in the Rules.ini

EDIT: Okay I checked the .map file and there are 2 lines that say "PrerequisiteBARRACKS=GAPILE,NAHAND,CUSTOM" the very next line says "PrerequisiteBarracks=GAPILE,NAHAND,CUSTOM".  
Should I delete one of the lines?

EDIT 2: There is, for sure, only one [General] section.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

metalinvader wrote:
EDIT: Okay I checked the .map file and there are 2 lines that say "PrerequisiteBARRACKS=GAPILE,NAHAND,CUSTOM" the very next line says "PrerequisiteBarracks=GAPILE,NAHAND,CUSTOM".  
Should I delete one of the lines?

"PrerequisiteBARRACKS" is wrong, the second one is correct. You can delete the first one, although the game doesn't recognize it anyway as flags are case-sensitive.

This is just one of the many examples where SE2K will mess your files up.

In case you already haven't, I recommend you to check out the Tiberian Sun tutorials section, particularly the Newbie Guide to Modding. The Modding Encyclopedia is also a good place to check for some more detailed information.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is your new faction barracks named as CUSTOM? If it is not, then correct it in PrerequisiteBarracks line.

metalinvader
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Is your new faction barracks named as CUSTOM? If it is not, then correct it in PrerequisiteBarracks line.

I only wrote CUSTOM as the placeholder for what the actual name of the structure is PEOPLESHAND. In the ini it really says "PEOPLESHAND" I just felt a little self-conscious about what I've named my stuff.

metalinvader
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Figured it out. I needed to add "modifed=yes" under "GAGATE_A" and GAGATE_B" in the Rules.ini

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

metalinvader wrote:
Figured it out. I needed to add "modifed=yes" under "GAGATE_A" and GAGATE_B" in the Rules.ini

there is no such key.
It's like writing "wingdangdudel=ghawarbl", it's completely useless, wrong and ignored by the game.

Read The newbie guide in modding

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon