Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Prism abuse
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:  Prism abuse
Subject description: Is this even fair?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Tongue

Is this over-powered/unfair? I mean, if you allow your enemy to build a large network like this one or bigger, it'd be wholly your fault, considering how much time and resources this would take in a non-debug enviroment.

I'd show how your ally's Prisms link to yours, but Ares doesn't support "Lone Team skirmishes", and CnCNet, while allowing you to have only one team in skirmish, doesn't make the AI do anything defense-wise.
This was done after deciding to read what Alex cooked up for the new documentation and done in... say 15-30 mins #Tongue

Enjoy some Prism goodness.

Also, Banshee, why is MP4 a forbidden extension?

Code:
[ATESLA];;Ares-only flags
PrismForwarding.MaxChainLength=-1 ;Might cause imbalances... Screw it! Behold. The power. Of Mother PRISM!
PrismForwarding.SupportModifier=125% ;Many fixed the bug caused by this guy in (General). At 150%, not the 125% this mod uses.
PrismForwarding.ToAllies=yes ;Might be even more imbalanced now.
PrismForwarding.BreakSupport=yes ;Can change target (supporting/attacking) at last frame.
PrismForwarding.Intensity=1 ;Thicker beams with each supporter.
PrismForwarding.MaxFeeds=-1 ;What happens when you concentrate enough light into one spot? A mini-Sun!
PrismForwarding.MaxNetworkSize=-1 ;OpenTTD is for building transportation networks spanning the map. Now you can build a light-network over the entire map!
PrismForwarding.ChargeDelay=1 ;Gives the impression of the light actually travelling.

Yuri's Revenge 18_09_2018 12_29_43.zip
 Description:
Latest VS_INI was used. Tailored to my specifications, of course.

Download
 Filename:  Yuri's Revenge 18_09_2018 12_29_43.zip
 Filesize:  10.88 MB
 Downloaded:  13 Time(s)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Last edited by TAK02 on Sun May 03, 2020 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice but you're about 7 years late...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, but unlike in that vid this is planned to be remain in the mod, and not just demonstration purposes. #Tongue

Though maybe a bit restricted..?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can actually balance that out quite well if you make the support build-up slow. Say, each additional tower would add 5 or so frames instead of 1, and since the support range is unlimited, this would easily cap the number of prism towers a side would strive to build.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon